Riise - Riise

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 1234ram » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:29 pm

RIISE: A LOT MOR TO COME
Daily Mirror 03 February 2005 

John Arne Riise yesterday claimed Fernando Morientes' first goal in English football will open the floodgates for the Spanish striker. 

The former Real Madrid star, a £6.3million signing last month, got off the mark in his fourth game for Liverpool in the 2-1 win at Charlton.

Riise then grabbed the winner to keep Rafael Benitez's side in the hunt for the fourth Champions League spot.

And the Norwegian believes the top-scorer for Monaco in the Champions League last season - who has also notched 23 goals in 37 games for Spain - will now start hitting the net as regularly in the red of Liverpool.

"He has shown in training what a good finisher he is and he proved that against Charlton with a sweet left-foot shot," he said.

"It was always going to take Morientes time to get used to the Premiership but he's been playing well in the last few games and he worked really hard for his goal.

"There is a lot more to come from him and we are looking forward to it.

"There was some pressure because he has been talked about a lot before he came, but he is a dead nice guy, so easy to talk to and works well in training. His big reputation is justified."
1234ram

Postby maximus » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:37 pm

WICKED  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:52 pm

maximus wrote:WICKED  :D

u meen wkd dnt u m8.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:30 pm

He is a class act - as is Risse. If he were english he would walk into the England side on the left.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:36 pm

hes playing alot better this season in midfield i dont think hes a good left back tho imo
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:40 pm

i think he is a great left back and a great left midfielder..he is a really good player and since rafa has taken over we have seen it more..rafa brings the best out  of all our players for liverpool..good on him i say :D
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:45 pm

John has realised his potential and form of the first season here, and its testament to the lad that Herry will have a fight on his hands to get back in the team.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:31 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:John has realised his potential and form of the first season here, and its testament to the lad that Herry will have a fight on his hands to get back in the team.

More likely that Harry will come back in with Djimi Cruyth back on the bench and Riise back in at full-back
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:39 pm

I'd love to see Liverpool sign a player like Michael Bridge or Roberto Carlos (yeah, right) so we could have a super effective left wing with players who can swap competantly between attacking and defensive positions. As for Mori, we've got a lot to look forward to,I'm sure.
:;):
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:51 pm

its only fitting my 1st post should come in this thread, my emergence to this forum has beena bit belated with most of my registrations all ******** up so here i am, nandos here, and as for riise, he really has come back to top scoring form, things can only get better
GET IN!!!!!
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:01 pm

Riise has been brilliant this season, he has scored six great goals in the Premiership. His very first season with us he scored seven and let the goal scoring continue.

He has improved under Rafa along with many other of our players and has been fairly consistant through out this season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:40 am

The fact that we have been reliant on Riise to score undermines the big problem - not enough goals are coming from the more so-called attacking players. This is a serious worry as we have not solved the problems of old, which was over-reliant on a very few players to score, used to be Owen, now it is Riise and Gerrard. What are the strikers doing? Not nearly enough!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:42 pm

i agree that we don't score enough goals, but this can hardly be surprising when you sell a guy who will guarantee you 20-25 goals a season, and his supposed replacement breaks his leg in october. i said before the season started that i would eat my hat if baros got twenty goals this season. ok he's got 11 so far but he hasn't scored since 19th december against newcastle. not to worry though, morientes will score a hatful next season, providing he gets the service.

like you say at least we have goals coming from midfield now. i think gerrard had 9 already (he only got 5 in the whole of last season), riise has 6 and garcia has 5.

chelsea don't have an outstanding goalscorer, they just have goals coming from everywhere on the pitch. drogba's their top scorer with 11. hell even john terry's got 7 goals, and he's a centre half. add that to the 7-8 each from duff, robben, lampard, gudjohnson and you can't lose.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:08 pm

azriahmad wrote:The fact that we have been reliant on Riise to score undermines the big problem - not enough goals are coming from the more so-called attacking players. This is a serious worry as we have not solved the problems of old, which was over-reliant on a very few players to score, used to be Owen, now it is Riise and Gerrard. What are the strikers doing? Not nearly enough!

Our injuries have screwed up the partnership up front.

First it was Baros and Cisse partnership. Personally I don't think these two can work together with one another therefore they couldn't score much.

After Cisse's injury Baros has been partnered up with Mellor,Pongolle and Morientes. Thats four different strikers in one season, don't you think you're being a bit harsh? Baros was on fire and he got injured, now he's back to square one.

At times I rather see other players score than just our strikers, makes us less dependent on our strikers. Once again the constant changes up front have cost us meaning that our strikers haven't scored as much as they've should had.

Goalscorers:
1. Milan Baros 11:[8 in Premiership, 3 in other competions]
2. Steven Gerrard 9:[5 in Premiership, 4 in other competions]
3. John A. Riise 6:[6 in Premiership]
4. Luis Garcia 5:[5 in Premiership]
5. Neil Mellor 5:[2 in Premiership, 3 in other competions]
6. F.Sinema Pongolle 4:[2 in Premiership, 2 in other competions]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:41 am

The Ace1983 wrote:I'd love to see Liverpool sign a player like Michael Bridge or Roberto Carlos (yeah, right) so we could have a super effective left wing with players who can swap competantly between attacking and defensive positions. As for Mori, we've got a lot to look forward to,I'm sure.
:;):

do you mean wayne bridge?
michael is the permanently injured striker that used to play for sunderland and leeds.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion