Riise - Riise

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:51 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:I'd love to see Liverpool sign a player like Michael Bridge or Roberto Carlos (yeah, right) so we could have a super effective left wing with players who can swap competantly between attacking and defensive positions. As for Mori, we've got a lot to look forward to,I'm sure.
:;):

do you mean wayne bridge?
michael is the permanently injured striker that used to play for sunderland and leeds.

Thats the guy. What do you think?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:31 am

Personally I have always enjoyed seeing riise at left mid, can count on him to put in a gutsy performance almost every game - like that guy's attitude!!

It's really exciting to see goals coming from the midfield, something like 23 (gerrard - 9, riise - 6, garcia - 5, alonso - 2, biscan - 1) half the bag of goals for the season so far (our strikers managed 25 (baros - 11, mellor - 5, FSP - 5, cisse - 3, moro - 1)!! It takes the load off the strikers, esp wen we are so darn struck with injuries up front.

Waiting for the right mid to deliver (nunez?? maybe kewell can play there when fit.  ???) and some of our big boys from the back to knock some in (only finnan scored 1, hyypia despite being up there for corners and fk, has not been effective really.)

At the end of the season, we could see gerrard and riiise notching up 10 each! not bad for midfield contribution! stay there riise! and gerrard of course... :;):
lfclfclfc

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:49 am

82-1074641017

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:36 pm

Rafa can use Riise as a 'one' man on the left side. Norwegian can do both things: defence and attack.

Then left wing player (Kewell) can play as attacking midfielder or as a forward..That makes us more stronger on attack..
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:39 pm

Riise's talents are his ability to spot a forward run and a super shot.  He is a good Left-mid and could probably operate as a wing-back if we played that way.

I have to say though that he is a poor defender when deployed at left back.  Although pacey, he is slow on the turn and is an average tackler.

It is not his fault that managers play him there though and I'd start him ahead of kewell even when he's back from injury.  Riise deserves a good run at left-mid
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:37 am

I reckon that there are not many of you watching the Norway internationals matches, and no one can blaim you for that as they most of the time are really boring. But last night you missed out on a brilliant Riise goal. He took a shot from about 20 meters, after being delievered a pass from a corner kick, and placed it in the top corner behind a helpless keeper.

A great goal; I think everyone was expecting a "rocket", but instead he showed that he is able to place the ball with pin point accuracy :)
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:43 am

Hey dude, I believe you. Riise's shots are vicious and when they are on target, my god they're precise. Just out of interest, do the Norway fans have any Riise songs? I'd love to know what they are and what they mean.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:14 am

The Ace1983 wrote:Hey dude, I believe you. Riise's shots are vicious and when they are on target, my god they're precise. Just out of interest, do the Norway fans have any Riise songs? I'd love to know what they are and what they mean.

I haven`t attended any Norway international matches, as it would cost me about the same as going to Anfield (which makes it an easy choice not going to Oslo). Because of that there might be a Riise-song which I haven`t heard of, but I know that the Riise-song "from Anfield" has been adopted on occations also to the Norwegian international - stadium.

But even if Riise is a highly valued player in Norway, it`s a rather special situation. I guess it could be compared to England`s Owen Hargreaves, because Riise has never played football on the top-level in Norway, due to his departure to Monaco as a youngster. Most of the Norway internationals have made an impact on the national football before signing for bigger European clubs, i.e. Solskjaer, Ronny Johnson and John Carew. I believe that this is the main reason why he there`s no norwegian version of the Riise-song.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion