Riise - Is he on his way out?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:16 pm

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT RIISE HAS NOT BEEN NAMED TO PLAY T.N.S TOMMOROW. HE HAS NO INJURY PROBLEMS, SO THERE IS NO REASON TO KEEP HIM OUT. IS THERE?

THE SQUAD LIST TO FACE T.N.S IS-
Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Gerrard, Hamann, Zenden, Cisse, Morientes, Dudek, Josemi, Welsh, Warnock, Baros, Le Tallec, Potter, Whitbread.

(taken from bbc website)

IT MAKES SENCE,SEEING AS WE ALREADY HAVE 4 OPTIONS FOR LEFT WING- GONZALEZ, KEWELL, ZENDEN AND EVEN GARCIA.

WHAT DO THINK?
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:25 pm

well i,ve been surprised recently by the media linking riise away from anfiled,and i just thought it was media thinking up stories,but with the squad announced and he,s not chosen it looks like he is surplus to requirements.i  thought he would be rafa,sfirst choice left back but if looks like rafa has chosen traore as the first choice left back.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:58 pm

riise has a spot at left back in the starting 11, giving a young lad like warnock some great experience like this will give the lad a boost of confidence. This is rafa using the younger up and comers in the liverpool system.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:00 pm

Pay no attention to the BBC website they always get the teams wrong anyway.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:07 pm

i think there is nothing in this story at all. Riise played more games than anyone else last season (think 57) so would not be surprised if he is just being given more 'time off' for now seeing as though we can surely get past TNS without the need to play Riise all together
red_indian

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:13 pm

He has been one of our best players this season, there is noway Rafa would sell him, I would go off my head if he did want to sell him and so would a lot of other people, hes not going anywhere anyway check out his new car  :cool:
John Arne Riise will probably spend some time driving around Liverpool in his brand new Ferrari.

Riise also acted in a comedy show in his native Norway. He played himself in the episode of "Hos Martin" according to Norwegian newspapers and of course took his shirt off. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:22 pm

If anyone will go its traore or Warnock, personally i like warnock hes solid and i think people would really take to his die hard tackling, if he didnt get injured every 20 minutes, the lad has no luck what so ever..as for Traore ive never rated him, ok he had a couple of good games but the lad is a liability, he makes a mistake very game and half the good tackles you see him make are cos hes lost his man and hes tracking back to produce a last ditch tackle, ok for cover but cant be considered good enough for 1st 11......Risse going is not going to happen, were playing TNS for christ sake, i see Risse as are long term left back, in my opinion.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:29 pm

idiot.

riise aint goin nowhere.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:31 pm

a hope riise dnt go.Hes a quality young wing bak who we shud keep.if any1 shud go it shud be traore whos has improved a lot but still aint as gd as riise.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:34 pm

PabloAimar wrote:idiot.

riise aint goin nowhere.

Oh My God, Pablo, me and you agree on something at long last!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:43 pm

Garymac wrote:

riise aint goin nowhere.

:laugh:  woohooooo!

riise hasnt been mentioned all summer... times running out... have to get a story for every player in before season starts... thats all.
PabloAimar

Postby matt74 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:47 pm

there is no way riise can leave, he has been one of our best players for the last couple of seasons and any manager that would get rid of him before traore is fool, and we all know rafa isn't. like garymac says, he (traore) only does any good work when someone has got past him, and half the time he just falls over his own legs.

Riise will  be an amazing attacking LB in the coming years,make ashley cole look like an amatuer, and he's nearly there already. no way is he going anywhere!
“If you are in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put
it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” Bob Paisley
matt74

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:49 pm

:O  his carrrrrrrrrrr
PabloAimar

Postby MCYan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 pm

I hope Riise isn';t going anywhere.. he is one of the most stable performers we have last season, and surely he is our first choice LB, before Traore and Warnock... I guess Rafa did not name him only because he might have slight injury problems/fitness problems? We have a huge squad anyways, and true that we dont need Riise in LW, but in the LB position the first one to leave should be Traore..
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:56 pm

PabloAimar wrote:
Garymac wrote:

riise aint goin nowhere.

:laugh:  woohooooo!

riise hasnt been mentioned all summer... times running out... have to get a story for every player in before season starts... thats all.

A know, i thought it was bad then someone starts a thread sayong we are gonna sell Alonso to Villa to fund the crouch deal....Unbelieveable, but every subject has probably been covered 64 times and the football for real starts tomoz so hopefully some decent heated debates.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion