Ridiculous - Lack of cl tv and radio coverage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:15 am

I have Sky, but have always refused to subscribe to their sports channels as I think they're ridiculously overpriced given the fact that LFC feature so rarely.

Even so, that leaves terrestrial TV and radio.

I thought that it could be the featured match on 5 Live. Wrong.

Since there were two v important matches featuring UK clubs, I figured 5 Live Extra would be broadcasting whichever tie 5 Live wasn't. Wrong - it wasn't broadcasting at all.

Even so, Talksport would do the obvious thing and cover the match that 5 Live wasn't? Wrong.

After the match had finished, I assumed that ITV would be showing highlights of tonight's matches. Wrong.

So, here in Bedfordshire I was left to ring round all the local pubs in the vain hope that one of them in the local area was screening it. Once it became clear that none were, I ended up having to "watch" the match by refreshing the BBC's updates and catching the very occasional mentions of the game's progress in amongst 5 Live's Arsenal v Munich coverage.

Disgraceful.
ivor_the_injun

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:25 am

TalkSPORT is the worst.

They'll all be talking about Arsenal getting knocked out, but they won't give a f*ck about LFC going through.

Which actually suits me fine. Let the media concentrate on the other teams while LFC do their thing in the CL relatively ignored.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:41 pm

Did you try 5 live extra on digital?
That usually has the oppeosite to 5 live i forget the channel number on ya sky box but its allways a good choice for liverpool matche's on the radio
ronmeister

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:31 pm

The media is only interested in stolen kisses with Wenger, ellicit affairs with Morris-Ho and being shagged up the botty by Man U. What can we expect from ITV though? They employed that tangerine toss-pot Atkinson for years, showering us with his pro-scum Bull pats. The punk always looked like a cross between a gangster rapper, a used car salesman and a walking vatt of cack. The last one, we now know, is the truth. Let them all have a cosy bedtime bath together. In sulphuric acid. Up the 'pool!!! :cool:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:36 pm

Game was live on Irish television, it might have been on in any Irish pubs around
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:45 pm

can really be frustrating but i remember in the xmas period almost all of our games were live on sky/prem plus including southampton, chelsea, west brom, norwich and the mancs, i have both channels so ecstatic but can really sympathise those without as football was originally the working mans game
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:26 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:The media is only interested in stolen kisses with Wenger, ellicit affairs with Morris-Ho and being shagged up the botty by Man U. What can we expect from ITV though? They employed that tangerine toss-pot Atkinson for years, showering us with his pro-scum Bull pats. The punk always looked like a cross between a gangster rapper, a used car salesman and a walking vatt of cack. The last one, we now know, is the truth. Let them all have a cosy bedtime bath together. In sulphuric acid. Up the 'pool!!! :cool:

You can see it now, fast forward to the first leg of the quarter finals:

ITV Schedule, 7.30pm, Tuesday 12 April 2005

ITV1:  'Six years on: That night in Barcelona'

Gabby, Ally, Terry, Andy and Bobby are joined by Gary Neville, David Beckham and Teddy Sheringham to look back at the events of that legendary night at the Nou Camp, back when Manchester United ruled Europe for one season.

ITV2:  Two-hour long Coronation Street special as Phil Neville joins the cast.

ITV 3: AC Milan v Liverpool (Available to NTL and Telewest customers on Channel 3475212211B)

Live coverage* from the San Siro as Liverpool attempt to defend their 3-0 lead from the first leg. Michael Owen, Danny Murphy and Jim Beglin will all be in the ITV broom cupboard to discuss the game with presenter Matt Smith.

* Coverage may be interrupted to cross live to Jose Mourinho press conference.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:54 pm

Irish TV is very good for showing LFC as they are the second most popular team here (no prizes for guessing whose number 1 but they have no Euro football to worry about now  :laugh: )

Unfortunates Toschack commentates on a lot of the LFC games and he really hates us (to$$er!)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:46 pm

True...cant complain about the coverage on irish television.  I do like Toshack though.  I know he has been critical of us but thats probabaly because he is jealous he doesn't have Benitez' job.  He has a great knowledge of european football.

The only problem with irish tv is that Jim Beglin does the co-commentary....he is guaranteed to leave you with a head ache after the game.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:48 pm

.. what about the Newspaper coverage.. all about Ars.e goin out and then we are mentioned.. The Guardian had us above the gunners tho
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:56 pm

The reds are coming up the hill boys,
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

They all laugh at us
They all mock at us
They all say our days are numbered.

Born to be a Scouse
Victorious are we,
If you wanna win a cup
Then you'd better hurry up
Cos we're Liverpool FC

Victorious and glorious
We took the Gwladys Street
between four of us
And glory be to God that there isn?t anymore of us
Cos we?d take the ****** lot!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sinema » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:01 am

For those of you who don't  know, Radio Merseyside now broadcast  on the internet and they have live, uninterrupted coverage of all Liverpool's (and Everton's ????) games.  There is also a phone-in after most of the games which can be entertaining. 
Additionally, each evening, from 7 o'clock to 10 ish, there is a football discussion programme - again with phone-ins.
If you're from outside the Merseyside area you can keep in touch in this way.
Go to the BBC site and follow your nose.
sinema

Postby 109-1110374949 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:03 am

liverpool
this post has been altered
Last edited by supersub on Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
109-1110374949

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:15 am

edited buy supersub, thats new.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:17 am

i edited that post because i dont feel like giving that dapioneer/marklfc the right to post on this forum because he is a total disgrace...see the last few nights for reasons.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion