"respect the area" - Liverpool and everton campaign

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:38 pm

Liverpool tv article

I agree with the litter situation BUT

"They will be encouraging football fans to curb their language, moderate their behaviour ..."

Get to fuck. I go the game to support my team, meet the lads and have a pi$$ up. Football is the working mans game, and although there has been a major influx of upper class "fans", Liverpool is still full of working class people. Swearing is part of the football culture and the day this comes into force properly is the day football dies.

People will argue kids go the game - so what? I went the game as a kid, if the parents don't want to hear that sort of language at the game - don't go.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:03 pm

I don't agree with you mate.

The abusive language is not for public places, especially crowded ones like a stadium. The violence around the football field is increasing, and showing respect to the rival clubs is one action that can be taken by any suppporter. After all, we are in the 21st century. If members of the working class really want to be abusive, they should go somewhere more "private" where they can swear each other as long as they want - as long as this doesn't affect the others. :no It is just like the smoking issue. 

Sorry but this is just my oppinion. In Romania we have many problems with abusive language, so I cannot approve someone who encourages this behaviour. I would not go to a stadium in Romania with my wife or kids - it is very unpleasant. However, my guess is I would go to Anfield if that were possible :lookaround - not on a derby game though.   :D
radun5

Postby neil » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:10 pm

you havnt got kids rafa mate, you will change your opinion when you do.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:35 pm

Provided that they do not cross the line of racist chants and the like, I like a bit of swearing in football. I've heard much insults in the old ground of my town and that didn't make me an uneducated cúnt.

One of the greatest pleasures when Real Madrid or Athletic Bilbao came, was them jumping into the pitch. The sound of whistles could make you a deaf, it was absolutely incredible. Now both teams appear together and that's shít. They do that in the name of fairplay, and 5 minutes later the oposition player is diving in your area and the fúckinf ref concedes penalty, so what's the point?

There are far too many idiots earning money thanks to football, with their offices, with their official trips, and that they haven't got a clue of what football is about.

P.S. Needless to say there are limits to all this, I would never abuse a children or a peaceful supporter, I'm just talking about insults in the stadium.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:59 pm

Not being funny or nothing but I think swearing, although unpleasant to some sows the passion in the game. But it can corss the line at times. If people with kids are offended, sit in the family zone FFS.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:28 pm

Surely its the humour that people remember, not the swearing?

Having to resort to f'ing and b'ing demonstrates an inability to communicate intelligently.

I guess you'll all tell me now to :censored: off.......  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:55 am

I dont mind some swearing, but there are certain words that are out of order.

I took my daughter (then 11) in the adult child section in the Anny road.
Two lads (about 15) were out of order with their swearing - I dont mind the odd fukc
and shit but the rest was bang-on. And that was in the kids section!!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:01 am

Bloodyhell even if tried my hardest I wouldnt be able to go ten minutes without swearing once lol   And I couldnt give a flying Fu.ck about it.   I wasnt brought up being aloud to swear, as a matter of fact, I have had my mouth washed out with soap many of times.   But anyway swearing will never ever stop at football matches.  :censored:jing hell they will ty and stop us singing soon.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby daxy1 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:15 am

Raffadodd i agree with you mate and neil i have 6 kids and i'm starting to take my 5 year old girl with me to the matches and i know she will here stuff she probably shouldnt here but i'll try to hold some back if they try to ban swearing from matches they can go and fukc them selves it's were i support my team and you tell me one person who is going to sit there no swearing when Gary neville is running up and down not me!

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:31 am

I can accept it in the rest of the ground but was surprised by the adult/child section -
even there I can accept normal swearing but saying things about shagging so and so's
ma up the arse and similar stuff shouldn't be said in that section especially with a young
girl right in front of them.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:56 am

Bob Hope wrote:Can I take the time to tell you all Newkit Sucks :censored:

Off to a flyer!  :D   :p
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:41 pm

I dont take my little girl(3) to the match ??? I think swearing can be phuckin funny as phuck BUT when some beaut starts to swear infront of her i wanna wobble their jaw
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:02 pm

I swore 104 times at the match today.
jonnymac1979

Postby Rafa D » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:14 pm

Neil you do make a very good point.

I dont condone the " :censored: ya ma up her :censored:" and all that in front of young lins. But the rest is part of the parcel of going to football matches. Stop the swaering and it means the passions gone.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:09 pm

neil wrote:i wanna wobble their jaw

i love that sayin ha ha!

your right about the sh@g yer mumma up the jolly rodge but the stuff i shout the usual ref are u effin blind and stuff like that cant be takin out of the ground it's a big part of supportin the team i wont take my 3 year old the game either but my 5 year old goes off her head when i leave her and not take her the game i say start them early

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion