Reds agree guthrie fee

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:39 am

Kharhaz wrote:
That cash, plus the money from Pennant's expected switch and Peter Crouch's move to Portsmouth will help Liverpool's as they try to lure £20m-rated Keane from Tottenham.

???

£20 million? So Keane is almost as good as Torres, transfer wise, I swear the market is getting dafter each and every day that passes...

I think the media is exaggerating about the fee for keane.

I do think benitez will bid around the 10-13m quid mark.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 am

no doubt rafa will buy some unknown and sell him off at christmas yet again ignoring the yoiuth and reserve squads and just adding to teh wage bill with more pointless cr@p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:46 am

dawson99 wrote:no doubt rafa will buy some unknown and sell him off at christmas yet again ignoring the yoiuth and reserve squads and just adding to teh wage bill with more pointless cr@p

He is rotating his signings
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:49 am

hes doing the same as every year, buying fringe players and not adding enough to the first team squad (yes im just in a bad mood)
we need a keeper, so bring someone up thats on our books... lets buy someone decent and keep who we have to help them progress, thats all im asking... hes acting like a sooped up harry redknapp ffs.

and dont say - waht about torres, what about masher... coz if you do i can name probably 15 who just dont cut the mustard
Last edited by dawson99 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:51 am

dawson99 wrote:hes doing the same as every year, buying fringe players and not adding enough to the first team squad (yes im just in a bad mood)
we need a keeper, so bring someone up thats on our books... lets buy someone decent and keep who we have to help them progress, thats all im asking... hes acting like a sooped up harry redknapp ffs.

and dont say - waht about torres, what about masher... coz if you do i can name probably 15 who just dont cut the mustard

Well hopefully it will change
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:53 am

yeah, im just tired... just wish hed show a lil more faith in our reserve/youth squad and asve the signing on fees and wages (no matter how small) no actually improving the team
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:59 am

dawson99 wrote:yeah, im just tired... just wish hed show a lil more faith in our reserve/youth squad and asve the signing on fees and wages (no matter how small) no actually improving the team

Ive noticed with the signings rafa has made with regards to the first team that he is signing established players, 25+ and showing interest in older players. He has also signed young players, on loan or otherwise, but he isnt looking at 25- players. This is make or break season for rafa. As bigmick says, he has seen the light. The light being the end of his time at Liverpool. He has to challenge at least this season and so its easier to understand why he is looking at older players.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:26 am

Shame to see him go i honestly thought he was one of the few that could have made it into the first team,

seems Anderson is doomed to the same fate
duk

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:47 am

Kharhaz wrote:
dawson99 wrote:yeah, im just tired... just wish hed show a lil more faith in our reserve/youth squad and asve the signing on fees and wages (no matter how small) no actually improving the team

Ive noticed with the signings rafa has made with regards to the first team that he is signing established players, 25+ and showing interest in older players. He has also signed young players, on loan or otherwise, but he isnt looking at 25- players. This is make or break season for rafa. As bigmick says, he has seen the light. The light being the end of his time at Liverpool. He has to challenge at least this season and so its easier to understand why he is looking at older players.

Spot on, ive been saying the same. :)
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:56 am

duk wrote:Shame to see him go i honestly thought he was one of the few that could have made it into the first team,

seems Anderson is doomed to the same fate

I wouldnt turn down a 2m bid ( anderson ) because to be honest thats all his worth, so why would we need him?
Last edited by Rush Job on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:15 am

s@int wrote:Blackburn manager Ince wants Pennant to fill Bentley role at Rovers

Last updated at 9:27 PM on 11th July 2008

Jermaine Pennant is in talks with Blackburn Rovers over a move that could spark Liverpool's bid for Robbie Keane.

The 25-year-old has failed to establish himself at Anfield since joining from Birmingham two years ago.

Newcastle had shown interest in the winger but Blackburn are eager to find a suitable replacement for unsettled David Bentley.

Newcastle, instead, moved to sign another Liverpool midfielder, Danny Guthrie, in a £2.5m deal.

Guthrie, 21, who spent last season on loan at Bolton, becomes Kevin Keegan's second signing of the summer.

That cash, plus the money from Pennant's expected switch and Peter Crouch's move to Portsmouth will help Liverpool's as they try to lure £20m-rated Keane from Tottenham.

Mail online

Best news I've heard in ages, thankyou Mercury. People say we're cash strapped yet we're looking at two (English based) players at around £20m so we must have some money as we've yet to sell £20m or £40m worth of players
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion