Dont agree with all this chelsea loving

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:04 am

anfieldadorer wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Jim:

Spot on as usual, its just the fashion of pundits/broadcasters/newspapers to be right up the @rse of whoever looks likely to win things so that as and when they do they can go on about how they championed/backed them all along.

The problem is that now there are 3 teams, Man Utd, Chelski and Arsenal who are "in fashion", and its a bit sticky for the journo's.

If Middlesborough win and play badly, then they need to add to their squad big time, if Liverpool win and play cr@p then we are light years away from the top three, but if the aforementioned blu eyes win and pl@y poorly, then its the sign of a good team or championship winning team or whatever.

That sums it all up.

glad to see you both agreeing each other  :D

and not ripping each others throats out :D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:05 am

chelsea probably will win the championship,but that won't be because they are a great side,its more down to their two main rivals playing well below par this season.arsenal seem to have lost their confidence and man utd aren't the force they where two years ago.but i honestly believe with a good season under our belt with benitez in command learning the way he wants us to play,and some real quality signings,we will be in a position to mount a real challenge to wipe the surley smirk off mourinho's face.:p :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:51 am

I actually quite like Mouriniho to be honest. So what if he's an arrogant f*ck, at least he brings a bit of life to the scene! Another bonus points is that he really really gets under Fergusons skin :D
He also has a soft spot for Liverpool and he was good enough to admit that his Chelsea team were unlucky. As for the media love in for Chelsea. We all know how fickle the media is and i don't really give a sh*te what they think cs as soon as we're back on top they will be licking our @rses again, and I will have even less respect for them for doing that.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:11 pm

Never a truer word spoken smici_ie , as soon as someone or some team is down on their luck or not playing well  the media is all over them like a pack of   fox hounds .Pretty sickening to be honest , but thats the way of the sports writers in this country  especially the  tabloid lot .
You only have to take a look at England managers , they hve their honeymoon period  .........then ...POW !!!  a bit of a bad run and that scum are all over them.........ok some of them deserve it .........Hoddle and Taylor spring to mind .
But its like you say about Chelsea , flavour of the month at the moment , but as soon as there is bad news , i.e. Abramovich in cuffs  , then the writers will be all over them ,and  next year they will be kissing our @rses again
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:21 pm

the vast majorityy of pudits are pundits because they have had success in one form or other at high levels in football, so they obviously recognise and revere success whenever they see it now. at the moment they see it in chelsea, recently it has been arsenal and before that it was man u. because man u reached the highest level of success in english football for some time there is still a lingering worship of them in many quarters and when they play well again all the pundits love 'em and say how wonderful it is that they're back.

the british press is particularly afflicted with this success worship, so much so that at the smallest sign that the level of success or achievement isn't beiing upheld they turn on their subject like a pack of dogs. even going so far as to hunt out further signs of weakness and exploit it.

these people just want to reflect some greatness back on themselves. its been a while since i saw MOTD but the last time in couldn't believe my eyes and ears - its just a smugfest, pat-on-the-back fest and in-joke fest. the majority of football journalism in the UK, and i'm sure in other places too is basically pretty poor.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:58 pm

And before that it was Leeds , Blackburn rovers etc.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion