Danny guthrie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:16 am

getting good reports at southampton

http://www.thesaintsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15969

I read the following on another foum aswell:

You'd think he was part of our youth set-up, not Liverpool's. The lad shows such passion and belief in Saints' search for promotion. Certainly has the potential to be one hell of a player at top level and has admitted to falling for the club.

He bossed the midfield today fighting for the ball, making many tackles and putting the ball about nicely with confidence. Would be a massive disappointment if we can't secure his services beyond this season as he has been such a key player of late. Not sure a sneaky bid would do much good as I can't see 'Pool wanting to release him, but a season long loan for next year would be satisfactory. There was a piece in our matchday programme today with him saying that should things not work out at Liverpool he would love to play football in the red & white as a fully fledged player. A quite mature professional indeed at such an age.. and must add he hit the woodwork twice at Birmingham last weekend.

To be honest, I've seen him in the reserves and seen all the games he's played in the first team this year and he showed alot of promise. He does put himself about and get involved. He seems to be very much in the alonso mould the way he casually spreads the ball about across the midfield.

It may be a shame though because with momo, gerrard, alonso and mascherano now able to play in the middle, it seems another promising youth player may be on his way to another club.

I think it's worth giving him a bit of a chance next season perhaps. I'm sure Rafa has got scouts watching every game. Especially with the new UEFA rule coming into place next season it means that we will need to have at least 3 players that have come through the Liverpool academy.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:24 am

Interesting that.

Seen the lad a few times and always thought there was something there but could never see him displacing Gerrard, Alonso or now even Mascherano.

Maybe another Warnock quality type player. Will definately keep an eye for Saints over the last few weeks of the season, see how he's doing.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby jaytoothetee » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:27 am

just read the thread from that link, by all accounts he's doing very well down there. i wonder what the chances of him convincing bale to come to anfield are??

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:06 am

A lad in my tutor group who has a season ticket at Saints has been raving about Guthrie the last few weeks. Makes sense to give him another season down here and see how he fares.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:43 pm

Another 12 months at Saints will do the guy no harm at all.

And if they get into and through the play-offs, a season in the mix towards the bottom of the Prem would be an excellent grounding for him.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:51 pm

Good to see he's doing well with Saints.

Recreativo de Huelva wants him for next season, according to their home site three weeks ago. I know many of you preffer he gets experience in the Championship, but playing in Spain wouldn't do harm at all to his progression IMHO.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:22 pm

he needs games wherever he goes, glad he's doing well....

which reminds me, anyone know how hamill is doing? think he went scotland or summin...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:19 am

Hammil is gettin rave reviews for dunfermline (sp?)

Scored a cracker against Celtic too.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:15 am

wee_boi888 wrote:Hammil is gettin rave reviews for dunfermline (sp?)

This one you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B8sLyM3TIU
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Effes wrote:
wee_boi888 wrote:Hammil is gettin rave reviews for dunfermline (sp?)

This one you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B8sLyM3TIU

Cant view youtube in work because of filter, what was the goal like ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:18 pm

He gets the ball mid-way through the celtic half, does some step overs to go round a celtic defemder, then he hits it from about 20-25 yards and it dips below the crossbar
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:48 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:He gets the ball mid-way through the celtic half, does some step overs to go round a celtic defemder, then he hits it from about 20-25 yards and it dips below the crossbar

Thanks Adam, will watch the link when i get home.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:08 pm

gone on loan to bolton today. good deal for all concerned.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:13 pm

it will do the lad great to play prem football, and in sammy lee we can rely on bolton doing the right thing by the lad in concerns of attitude and fitness as lee must have worked with guthrie as a youth

as for hamill i wouldn't be surprised to see him as a regular on the bench as cover on the right this year as he did very we in scotland which is a big step up from reserve football in a competitive sence
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:47 pm

i would like to see hammil given a chance in our team
best idea is to send guthrie on loan n im glad hes gone to bolton as it will be big football he will be playing, going by boltons last few seasons
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion