Rafa out - You heard me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:48 pm

Rafa played just about our strongest available lineup today, I think the players should be taking a fair bit of stick as well as Rafa for that result (I didn't see much of the match so can't comment on the performance).

We have a lot of hard games coming up after the Int. break, lets see where we are after them before we ask for his head.
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:49 pm

simolonge wrote:
Forever_Red wrote:
Bring back the Bootroom

or Pako :p

Thats the one.

Pako was responsible for all the good things since Rafa took over ?

Pako was equally responsible for the success we have had under Rafa ?

Does that mean that he was equally as responsible for us failing to win the league ?

Or is it that Pako was responsible for all the positives and Rafa is sole owner of all the negatives ?

"Or is it that Pako was responsible for all the positives and Rafa is sole owner of all the negatives ?"

we will leave that for you to work out....whats the results been like since he left???
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Ciggy wrote:something is very wrong behind closed doors.

You cant beat a good old conspiracy theory . . . .
simolonge

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:50 pm

lakes10 wrote:Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez:
"We made two bad mistakes."
"I'm disappointed. We were controlling the game and we didn't take our chances - you can't explain that.

"The second goal was especially bad - we need to learn for the future as the small details change games."

Typical rafa response.....He just cares about not conceding...doesn't give a sh1t about how we attack.....

Like i said...rafa is not all he is made out to be...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:50 pm

whats the results been like since he left???

I know! sh!te!
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:50 pm

lakes10 wrote:
simolonge wrote:
Forever_Red wrote:
Bring back the Bootroom

or Pako :p

Thats the one.

Pako was responsible for all the good things since Rafa took over ?

Pako was equally responsible for the success we have had under Rafa ?

Does that mean that he was equally as responsible for us failing to win the league ?

Or is it that Pako was responsible for all the positives and Rafa is sole owner of all the negatives ?

"Or is it that Pako was responsible for all the positives and Rafa is sole owner of all the negatives ?"

we will leave that for you to work out....whats the results been like since he left???

Valencia won two league titles in three years under Pako's assistant mangership as well.

Since he left there nothing.  :rasp
simolonge

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:51 pm

Ciggy wrote:Out the title race again in October 8 points dropped at home not good enough.

We need a settled side in the prem, something is very wrong behind closed doors.

Are we not 6 points behind Arsenal? Hardly an impossible task to make up on so early in the season. Our biggest games are yet to come when we play them and the Mancs, so I'd reserve that judgement for now.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:52 pm

Ciggy wrote:Out the title race again in October 8 points dropped at home not good enough.

We need a settled side in the prem, something is very wrong behind closed doors.

The players are performing as if they couldn't give a sh1t..... The problems run more deep....its not just bad form.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:52 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Don't have to be so civil dude....rafa is getting battered in RAWK forum......... The last time that forum was so anti-manager was during houllier's last season....

Ever considered that this isn't an extension of the the RAWK forum ?.

People abuse this forum with moaning and I know RAWK has thousands more members than here albeit 70% of them listen to Liverpool on the radio are watch on an internet stream but that is one Kunt of a forum.

I feckin hate it, full of self centered know it all shower of pr!cks. Such a gang of whopper tw@ts on RAWK its unbelievable right down to the topic titles and banner making, clueless totally clueless.

I prefer RAOTL.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:52 pm

RedorDead wrote:
lakes10 wrote:I think you all know that i have never liked Rafa, but he proved me wrong many times. But i just get the feeling with the new owners at the club and the amount of money they have put in, he is on death row.

i wonder how long it will be till we start to hear things about Mourinho from the press.

How long would i now give Rafa??? we as i think it will now be hard to win the thing , i would give him 5 games and they must be wins. If not then he will be well up for the sack by the owners (if he not already).

Mate I think you are way off.....new owners or not, I think five games after an unbeaten start to the season is just ridiculous. Are you really saying that if Liverpool only get 13 from the next 15 available points then Rafa's position should be considered vulnerable? I don't understand that

No my post is more about how American owners would see it.
They have spent a lot on money on a team that is not playing well, to them this is a company. If i was an owners of a company that i had just spent loads of money on and i was not getting the result or i had an idea that they could do better then i would get rid of the office manager and get a new one.
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:54 pm

The_Rock wrote:

The players are performing as if they couldn't give a sh1t..... The problems run more deep....its not just bad form.

I know.

Rafa is having an affair with Tom's daughter, one of the players is :censored:.ging Gillets wife and they cant be in the same room together.

Or MAYBE we are just playing badly ?
simolonge

Postby RedorDead » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:58 pm

lakes10 wrote:
RedorDead wrote:
lakes10 wrote:I think you all know that i have never liked Rafa, but he proved me wrong many times. But i just get the feeling with the new owners at the club and the amount of money they have put in, he is on death row.

i wonder how long it will be till we start to hear things about Mourinho from the press.

How long would i now give Rafa??? we as i think it will now be hard to win the thing , i would give him 5 games and they must be wins. If not then he will be well up for the sack by the owners (if he not already).

Mate I think you are way off.....new owners or not, I think five games after an unbeaten start to the season is just ridiculous. Are you really saying that if Liverpool only get 13 from the next 15 available points then Rafa's position should be considered vulnerable? I don't understand that

They have spent a lot on money on a team that is not playing well, to them this is a company. If i was an owners of a company that i had just spent loads of money on and i was not getting the result or i had an idea that they could do better then i would get rid of the office manager and get a new one.

I take you point mate but I think that the owners have shown enough respect and knowledge of our history and ways to not get involved. They certainly don't come across like a Doug Ellis type or an Abramovich sticking their noses in. I think rafa will continue to get support
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:02 pm

The_Rock wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez:
"We made two bad mistakes."
"I'm disappointed. We were controlling the game and we didn't take our chances - you can't explain that.

"The second goal was especially bad - we need to learn for the future as the small details change games."

Typical rafa response.....He just cares about not conceding...doesn't give a sh1t about how we attack.....

Like i said...rafa is not all he is made out to be...

Well we did score two goals, and should have had had at least another. If they don't score theirs when they did, we win the game. Simple. So he's right to concentrate on the mistakes we made at the back.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:07 pm

RedorDead wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
RedorDead wrote:

I take you point mate but I think that the owners have shown enough respect and knowledge of our history and ways to not get involved. They certainly don't come across like a Doug Ellis type or an Abramovich sticking their noses in. I think rafa will continue to get support

well we will know if he is in for it as they will come out and say they back him. most of the time that means, we have got our new man and he will be here soon lol.

i take your point, they dont seem like that, and we have been lucky that way.
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:10 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

Are we not 6 points behind Arsenal? Hardly an impossible task to make up on so early in the season. Our biggest games are yet to come when we play them and the Mancs, so I'd reserve that judgement for now.

I agree with that, it is our own early season expectations that have clouded our judgement, to many considered this to be our year before we had even kicked a ball and the Derby result didn't help to dispel the high hopes, neither did the fact that Torres has settled in straight away.

Thats one of the reasons we are so dissapointed so early on, Chelsea and Man U fans have took their early season knocks in their stride ( the sacking of Maureen was in now way a reflection to their start to the league before anyone says it ) none of them were crying for their managers to be sacked, they know that their teams will come good because they have been there and done it,we have been waiting so long we pinned our hopes on the fact we won at Villa and the other two were dropping silly points, thats what gave us the false belief.

To finish closer to who ever wins it this year is IMO enough progress, next season when ALL the players have settled in and the dead wood has been shipped out will be the time to be dissapointed if things are not going to plan, but then again there is always going to be the "R" word to fall back on, because not matter how much we hate  it Rafa will continue to do it.
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion