Rafa out - You heard me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:30 pm

The_Rock wrote:
simolonge wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Apart from torres, he hasn't bought well this season.... He buys babel for not sure what reason...he gets levia when we need a LW or a CB.....

Serious over reaction in this post matey.

Just to pick you up on this point.

Voronin has scored goals, Babel and Levia are kids and the other youngsters he bought are too young.

Banyoun has played well also.

I beg to differ...... By all means buy young players for the future. But also take care of the present.......

Only Torres is a improvement....

Voronin & babel is not an improvement for bellamy......

He buys another CM (levia for 8 million) but does nothing for the left wing and CB positions....

Now we are buying the price for it.

Hyppia is passed it. He can manage a game once in a while..but ask him to play a few games in a row and he struggles.

As for riise...for all the drive and passion he brings to the side...he is not a LW a top european club will have in its team....

Riise is comfortably good enough to play for any top side, he brings to our team a real drive on the left and while he is a little vulnerable defensively he is good enough in my opinion. I also feel that Voronin is far better player than Bellamy, look at his goal tally already this season, he will easily score more that Bellamy did last year and goals up front was a serious issue for us so with Torres banging them in too I think Rafa has done really well in that area.
Babel should also be given a run in the team, he has looked really good when he has started, He is only young and I think he could prove to be another great signing so lets reserve judgement on signings for a while.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:32 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
RedorDead wrote:I think Rafa is having a bad run of form, like a striker not scoring goals almost. He has lost his trusted number 2 and is struggling to get it right...I think if the backroom gets sorted and he can just ease the pressure on himself with a win or two then he'll feel more comfortable and as a result the team will benefit.
Talk of sackings and new managers is in my opinion daft, he has brought us so far and in my opinion only he is very capable of taking us further.

Am I missing something here? I thought a football team was comprised of more than a manager. Rafa seems to be taking most of the abuse and it's not f*cking on. Sure he's made some strange decisions of late, but lets face it, people, our players are NOT doing the man, and us as supporters, justice whatsoever. Regardless of who Rafa selects, you should at least expect them to show some kind of desire for the club and shirt. We've got very little of it, bar a few players. All I can say is thank God for Torres, or we'd be well f*cked. Our so called best players just arn't performing, and that's the bottom line of it.

Spot on, maybe i was sounding to aimed at Rafa. Its true the players didnt turn up today either and todays not the 1st time tbh.

If it is a bad run then lets hope that luck changes soon. I dont know how much time Rafa will have to work with the players with the international break coming up and I really hope we dont suffer any more injuries.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Forever_Red wrote:
not good enough...

Its not the result i am worried about...its the performance.

Something is wrong.....

Too right, we look really half @rsed

Something has to be done, I'm worried about the fixtures coming up

I'm glad we have an international break, the only problem is...the players won't be together to sort the sh!t out!

Here's the irony. First few games of the season, we looked unstoppable and didn't want our run of games to end. Then the international break came and our form turned into the shyte it is now. So now people want to see the international break, but for a possitive reason this time? That makes no sense whatsoever. I say f*ck the international breaks, as this will only delay our solution. We need to kick on and sweat it out.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:39 pm

Here's the irony. First few games of the season, we looked unstoppable and didn't want our run of games to end. Then the international break came and our form turned into the shyte it is now. So now people want to see the international break, but for a possitive reason this time? That makes no sense whatsoever. I say f*ck the international breaks, as this will only delay our solution. We need to kick on and sweat it out.

I can see where you're coming from and like I said, the problem is the players won't be together for the break (well some of them will)

I'd rather have a break for the sake of it than for internationals
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:39 pm

Sabre wrote:
I like to finish by adding, i am a liverpool supporter not a rafa supporter (unlike some ppl here)...

You can aswell fúck off. If I support Rafa is because I think he's good for Liverpool. If I don't want him out, is because I come from a country a "sacking" is a normal thing to do too early, and I know that's not good for the club.

Don't defend your points saying the fans that don't agree with you are less fans. And if you want to gloat about how good fan you are, go to the stadium like Dalglish and others, and then do it. Not from your sofa.  :no

Give me a break...sabre is asking me to :censored: off....sabre who support real socided (can't be bothered to spell properly) is asking me.....(who has been supporting LFC for more than 25 years) to :censored: off....

Give me a break.......

Where the :censored: did i say those who don't agree with me are less a fan ?

Have u attended any LFC matches in your life ? who are u to question me ??? I have been here longer than you...

Just stick to the spanish league...sabre. LFC is not your fav club...what are you doing here ? I am sure once rafa leaves...u won't be here too...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:40 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
RedorDead wrote:I think Rafa is having a bad run of form, like a striker not scoring goals almost. He has lost his trusted number 2 and is struggling to get it right...I think if the backroom gets sorted and he can just ease the pressure on himself with a win or two then he'll feel more comfortable and as a result the team will benefit.
Talk of sackings and new managers is in my opinion daft, he has brought us so far and in my opinion only he is very capable of taking us further.

Am I missing something here? I thought a football team was comprised of more than a manager. Rafa seems to be taking most of the abuse and it's not f*cking on. Sure he's made some strange decisions of late, but lets face it, people, our players are NOT doing the man, and us as supporters, justice whatsoever. Regardless of who Rafa selects, you should at least expect them to show some kind of desire for the club and shirt. We've got very little of it, bar a few players. All I can say is thank God for Torres, or we'd be well f*cked. Our so called best players just arn't performing, and that's the bottom line of it.

Emerald mate, I am not saying that the blame lies solely with rafa but he is tasked with picking the team and MANAGING the team.....he is a man manager aswell as a tactician and if the players are struggling to perform it is really his job to pick them up and infuse some fire in them.
I am not so narrow minded as to think the players are blameless, some of squad are old enough and experienced enough to play a lot better than this and should be pulling the younger players up with them but they aren't.
I am not having a go at Rafa, I am merely saying that he does seem to be struggling a bit at the moment and that hopefully with some more support in the backroom he should be able to sort it out pretty soon.
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:41 pm

I think you all know that i have never liked Rafa, but he proved me wrong many times. But i just get the feeling with the new owners at the club and the amount of money they have put in, he is on death row.

i wonder how long it will be till we start to hear things about Mourinho from the press.

How long would i now give Rafa??? we as i think it will now be hard to win the thing , i would give him 5 games and they must be wins. If not then he will be well up for the sack by the owners (if he not already).
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:42 pm

Bring back the Bootroom
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:44 pm

Bring back the Bootroom

or Pako :p
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:45 pm

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez:
"We made two bad mistakes."
"I'm disappointed. We were controlling the game and we didn't take our chances - you can't explain that.

"The second goal was especially bad - we need to learn for the future as the small details change games."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:46 pm

Forever_Red wrote:
Bring back the Bootroom

or Pako :p

Thats the one.

Pako was responsible for all the good things since Rafa took over ?

Pako was equally responsible for the success we have had under Rafa ?

Does that mean that he was equally as responsible for us failing to win the league ?

Or is it that Pako was responsible for all the positives and Rafa is sole owner of all the negatives ?
simolonge

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Out the title race again in October 8 points dropped at home not good enough.

We need a settled side in the prem, something is very wrong behind closed doors.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:47 pm

lakes10 wrote:I think you all know that i have never liked Rafa, but he proved me wrong many times. But i just get the feeling with the new owners at the club and the amount of money they have put in, he is on death row.

i wonder how long it will be till we start to hear things about Mourinho from the press.

How long would i now give Rafa??? we as i think it will now be hard to win the thing , i would give him 5 games and they must be wins. If not then he will be well up for the sack by the owners (if he not already).

Mate I think you are way off.....new owners or not, I think five games after an unbeaten start to the season is just ridiculous. Are you really saying that if Liverpool only get 13 from the next 15 available points then Rafa's position should be considered vulnerable? I don't understand that
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:47 pm

RedorDead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Emerald mate, I am not saying that the blame lies solely with rafa but he is tasked with picking the team and MANAGING the team.....he is a man manager aswell as a tactician and if the players are struggling to perform it is really his job to pick them up and infuse some fire in them.
I am not so narrow minded as to think the players are blameless, some of squad are old enough and experienced enough to play a lot better than this and should be pulling the younger players up with them but they aren't.
I am not having a go at Rafa, I am merely saying that he does seem to be struggling a bit at the moment and that hopefully with some more support in the backroom he should be able to sort it out pretty soon.

I know, mate. Sorry if that did sound like a personal crack at your post. it wasn't. It just seems to be the general consensus lately. Not from everyone, but a lot. Whenever things are going not so well on the pitch with a team capable of beating anyone such is the quality, then it's really unfair to single out Rafa and Rafa alone as being the cause.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:48 pm

Thats the one.

Pako was responsible for all the good things since Rafa took over ?

Pako was equally responsible for the success we have had under Rafa ?

Does that mean that he was equally as responsible for us failing to win the league ?

Or is it that Pako was responsible for all the positives and Rafa is sole owner of all the negatives ?

There's already a thread about this somewhere mate

I was only kidding lol
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion