No one else heard that baros has gone ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:44 pm

considering his reputation in Europe,top scorer in the euro championships and all that.....seems a strange move.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:43 pm

Better than selling him in the Prem - he's one of those players who could come back to make you pay.
Good business though.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:44 pm

drummerphil wrote:considering his reputation in Europe,top scorer in the euro championships and all that.....seems a strange move.

His reputation is scoring goals for his country, when the game means something, and once and a while for whatever club he is playing for.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby neil » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:49 am

yeah but whats he playin at,lookin like that guy out of slade. ???
seriously though,he tried his best,he's too hit and miss,even the last friendly he missed the p.iss easy chances
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:46 am

mikopool wrote:
drummerphil wrote:considering his reputation in Europe,top scorer in the euro championships and all that.....seems a strange move.

His reputation is scoring goals for his country, when the game means something, and once and a while for whatever club he is playing for.

Exactly. Smicer was his countrys top scorer with something daft like 33 goals in 38 appearances when we signed him. Means fack all. Ok, so Mili scored 5 in the euro championships. Wowee, so he had a warm spell. I want to know how many chances he missed by being an unaware gimp who couldn't be classed as lethal if he went on a killing spree.  Yes he knocks some classy looking goals in, but lets be honest, how many involved link-up play? And the fact that Stevie and Luis scored the same amount of goals as him last year (13) says to me that he isn't good enough to be anything more than a 4th choice bencher. Maybe I'm wrong. I doubt he'll be anything better unless the hair on his fore-head is pulled and stapled to his back so he HAS to look up.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:16 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:does this mean we get another striker or what???
or do we class le tallec as the fourth striker?? ???

once Sinama is fit again that will give us a good strikeforce.

Pongolle really impressed last season IMO and hopefully his injury hasn't effected him too much.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:22 am

I second that...if Sinama can come back full strength from his injury, he won't disappoint. Unless, of course, Rafa uses him as a winger...then, who knows. Something tells me he'll take a lot better to the switch than Diouf, seeing as he's not a complete :censored: :D
cptrios

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:14 am

7_Kewell wrote:not sure...personally i'd see if we could get owen on Loan  :eyebrow

raul, ronaldo, robino & now baptista....

owen has no chance there.... He has a lot more to gain by coming here (then we going after him). Hope he realises his stupid mistake by moving to real madrid now. There they don't care how good you are...they are only interested in your brand name.

Owen here on a season loan ..... I will take that.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:28 am

i get the feeling that [email]w.@.n.k.e.r[/email] will bid for owen now...given that he lost out the 'animal' batista...(ie baptista).  Would rather see own back with us though....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=337859&cc=4716

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Owen in limbo: Robinho signed

Real Madrid have announced that Robinho will join the Spanish giants from Santos on a five-year deal on August 25 in a move which could have serious implications for Michael Owen.
Real, who have been chasing the 21-year-old since the winter transfer window, confirmed the impending arrival of the player with a statement on the club's official website.

'Real Madrid and Santos have arrived at an agreement for the transfer of Robinho,' it said.

Robinho's arrival will bring the number of Brazilian strikers at a club coached by a Brazilian, Wanderley Luxemburgo, to three.

A £17million move for Sevilla's Julio Baptista was completed last night and Ronaldo is already in place.

Meanwhile, Madrid favourite and Spain international Raul is thought to be untouchable.

Owen, who did not secure a starting place following his move to the Bernabeu last summer, has been linked with a return to England with Arsenal and Newcastle said to be among those interested.

Neither Santos not Real Madrid have confirmed a fee, although it is thought Robinho - one of the hottest properties in world football - will cost Madrid around £20million.

Robinho was strongly linked with Premiership champions Chelsea earlier in the summer, but the player clearly indicated his preferred destination after starring for Brazil in their successful Confederations Cup campaign in June.

'My desire is to play for Real Madrid,' he said after Brazil's 4-1 win over Argentina in the final of the competition.

'I want to leave Santos and I want to resolve this quickly. I don't have the mind to play here again.

'Real Madrid are the best club in the world. I will only leave to go to Madrid.'

Real came close to securing Robinho's signature late last year, but the deal was postponed when his mother was kidnapped on November 6. She was later released on December 17.

However, when Luxemburgo - who steered Santos to the 2004 Brazilian championship - took over as coach of Real Madrid on December 30, speculation mounted that Robinho would move to Spain.

The move failed to materialise in January, with Robinho insisting that he was happy at Santos.

However the appeal of playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world has ultimately proved too much to resist.

Last season Real finished second to champions Barcelona in the Primera Liga, and finished the campaign without a trophy for the second season in a row.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:30 am

yeah..he's going....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=337867&cc=4716

Baros agrees terms with Schalke 04

Liverpool striker Milan Baros has agreed personal terms with German club Schalke, according to coach Ralf Rangnick.
The Bundesliga club will now turn their attention towards negotiating a fee with the European champions for the Czech Republic international.

That could be a stumbling block to the deal going through, as the clubs are some way apart with their valuation of the 23-year-old.

'We have agreed everything with Baros and his agent,' said Rangnick.

'Early next week, we will make moves towards Liverpool.'

Liverpool are reportedly seeking a fee in the region of £7million for a player who has played no part in their Champions League qualifying matches so far, thereby allowing him to be available for future European games this season.

Rangnick is confident a compromise can be found, with a loan move possible to allow Schalke, who will compete in the Champions League, to obtain the required funds for a permanent move.

'We have plenty of time and aren't going to give in to Liverpool's demands immediately,' he said.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:42 am

"I always say that a player is not yours until he has actually been signed." -Rafa Benitez

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149517050730-0920.htm
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:51 am

some guy on sky sports saying what a few on here were saying when the owen speculation appeared recently, that gerrard only signed because owen was coming back. sounds like b0ll0x to me tho- as rafa says u cant say a player will play for u until he is on the pitch
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:34 am

Schalke want Baros on a loan

German club Schalke 04 want to take Liverpool striker Milan Baros on loan first with an option to buy the Czech international next summer.
Baros, 23, had appeared keen to stay at Liverpool, but he has not featured in their Champions League qualifiers.

"We want Baros for a year on loan and at the same time an option to buy for 2006," Schalke general manager Rudi Assauer told Bild am Sonntag.

"It would be Schalke's biggest transfer of all time if we carry it off."

On Saturday Schalke coach Ralf Rangnick said personal terms had already been agreed with Baros.

Whether Liverpool would be interested in a loan deal for Baros, who is reportedly valued at £7m, remains unclear.

Boss Rafael Benitez has said he wants to bring in two new players during the next seven days - a central defender and a right winger, presumably deals that would be funded by any money received for Baros.

Aston Villa have been tracking the striker who has also been linked with moves to Lyon, Valencia and West Ham.

Peter Crouch's £7m arrival from Southampton has pushed Baros down the pecking order at Anfield, with Fernando Morientes, Djibril Cisse and Antony Le Tallec his other rivals for a first-team place.

Last season Baros, who cost Liverpool £3.5m, managed to score just nine Premiership goals, despite finishing top scorer at Euro 2004.

Cheeky feckers
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:17 am

The_Rock wrote:the 'animal' batista...(ie baptista). 

Dont you mean the 'beast' Baptista??!!!   :p

:D
76-1115222408

Postby moribentarse » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:16 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
mikopool wrote:

Exactly. Smicer was his countrys top scorer with something daft like 33 goals in 38 appearances when we signed him. Means fack all. Ok, so Mili scored 5 in the euro championships. Wowee, so he had a warm spell. I want to know how many chances he missed by being an unaware gimp who couldn't be classed as lethal if he went on a killing spree.  Yes he knocks some classy looking goals in, but lets be honest, how many involved link-up play? And the fact that Stevie and Luis scored the same amount of goals as him last year (13) says to me that he isn't good enough to be anything more than a 4th choice bencher. Maybe I'm wrong. I doubt he'll be anything better unless the hair on his fore-head is pulled and stapled to his back so he HAS to look up.

i agree but he is better than peter crouch
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

moribentarse

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion