Rafa out - You heard me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:11 am

not sure how many of you have had the radio on today, i have been doing a bit of driving today and flicked over a few stations, i have heard them talking about Rafa, they are saying he could be on his" last legs" another said "time running out for him"  but the best one was from a caller, " shut up up twa*s, Rasfa is staying, you are only saying he might get the sack as you are scared he is going to kick your teams butts next time we meet"

the last one was funny.

I think you know things are not right when you turn the radio on and hear them talking about Liverpool that way.
I just wish Rafa would get some help by his side.That way he could get another opinion, it would be good if it was an old school man, someone that has been in the English game for sometime.
There are loads of Ex-players he could pick from.
Last edited by lakes10 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:23 am

bigmick wrote:On that subject, possibly even a bigger error than the team we picked at Pompey was the failure to buy a centre-half in the Summer. On the evidence of Sami's display yesterday, and it saddens me to say this about one of Liverpools best players over the last decade or so, he has absolutely gone and we need to plug the gap quickly. Though we knew he was devoid of pace, to see him getting beaten so comprehensively in the air by Berbatov for the two goals was like seeing a World Class boxer take one punch too many on his way down. This oversight from a manager who is famed for studying the training ground efforts of his squad is difficult tio comprehend to be honest. If Agger is not fit to play against Everton, you can expect them to play with Yakubu and Johnson swarming all over Hyppia and it may not be pretty. Not strengthening there was a big mistake in my view.

I agree Mick it was a big mistake which many of us on here could see and commented on at the time. I am pretty sure if we could see there might be a problem, Rafa was well aware of it. Similar to the right wing problem with Simao, he put all his eggs in one basket....... Heinze. I would have thought he could have had a backup plan, even though I thought Heinze would have been a good signing, surely there where other good CB's available even after the deal fell through.

Again yesterday the defence fell deeper to cover for Hyypia's lack of pace, although after seeing the replays of the goals , maybe Carra and Finnan were just as guilty.

Luckily Johnson should be out for the Derby, and Yakubu is more Hyypia's style than Agger anyway.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:46 am

lakes10 wrote:not sure how many of you have had the radio on today, i have been doing a bit of driving today and flicked over a few stations, i have heard them talking about Rafa, they are saying he could be on his" last legs" another said "time running out for him"  but the best one was from a caller, " shut up up twa*s, Rasfa is staying, you are only saying he might get the sack as you are scared he is going to kick your teams butts next time we meet"

the last one was funny.

I think you know things are not right when you turn the radio on and hear them talking about Liverpool that way.
I just wish Rafa would get some help by his side.That way he could get another opinion, it would be good if it was an old school man, someone that has been in the English game for sometime.
There are loads of Ex-players he could pick from.

The radio ?

Thats like saying it was in hte newspapers on Sunday mate.

Idiots like T%e R*&k phone them stations.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:49 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Idiots like The Rock phone htem stations.

come leon you are a mod now, no need for that
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:49 am

The_Rock wrote:Btw sociedad sabre, u think my posting is bad.... I appreciate it....its up to u.

On the other hand  peewee, connO'var and matrix kinda agree with it...

I am not making myself out to be a great poster and stuff...its just that in this forum you have the "power" to agree and disagree...and you have disagreed with me...

Thats fine....

I just want u to know...i haven't insulted you personally....
You on the other hand ....have repeatedly called my postings poor....... Maybe you are not as naive as what other members here have made u out to be.....  :eyebrow

Well, maybe you shouldn't hear too much other's opinions and make up your own, that is, if they tell you I'm naive, doubt it, think and make your own opinion. You can go on the Sociedad bit all you like, I understand it if you haven't more powerful reasoning, I love that club yes, but I watch every Liverpool game and I love it and that's why I read and post here.

Congratulations for having people that agreed with you, I just posted my opinion and that won't hurt much since I'm no more than a biased Spaniard.

I haven't insulted you, I've said your posting is poor, I'm having an opinion about what you write, not you -- I don't know you.

Note that, not that all your points are not fair, the manager needs criticism, and there are things to improve, I just consider overreaction and a poor one asking to sáck him

And after watching the game, in fúcking Chinese comments --I don't miss Andy Gray anyway, I think people just overreact.

Because, we didn't play worse than against Wigan away. If you wanted to sáck the coach, you could have said it so before because yesterday wasn't our worst match.

You say we don't play attacking football, but I counted no less than 5 clear chances in the first half.

Yes, we make mistakes, the most worrying at the moment is how we play without the ball, and that we concede goals easier than we use to do.

Yes, I'll even grant to Bigmick that changing players haven't helped, but if I may add, we have more problems than that, because we have played much better under the same rotations system, that cannot be denied.

This mistakes have to be worked, and trained, and I don't think sácking the coach is the answer. Maybe it is for a poor club, not for this one.

Liverpool are 6 points away the top, and the season is long, very long, sacking the coach now would be another obstacle to be able to win this league.

If, at the end of the season we get a dissapoint 4th place, then I won't blame you if you want fresh air in the Liverpool bench, because that won't be good enough. But sácking the coach now is the reaction of a small club, like Chelsea or Getafe.

On the captain, the people have been a bit harsh. He's always had some things to improve decissions wise, but I don't think he's playing badly neither. I cannot blame him for being tired after the massive effort of Marseille, plus, he's not the kind of Riquelmesque midfielder that save his efforts, he gives it all, and he's running a lot this days in defensive tasks.

I could understand Voronin's decission, if you don't feel confident with the left foot, and you see one team mate coming alone and facing the keeper, it's a good decission. Of course the execution of the idea was not the best, but the idea was not mad.

In a nutshell:

Has the fans reasons to complain? yes

Can we happy with the current form? No

Can we do better? much better

Must Liverpool be better than 4th? Yes, definitely, but it's early stage in this season and many teams are in a small gap of points. Chelsea will be upper soon, and Manchester CIty lower.

Has Rafa made mistakes? yes, he has, myself I cannot understand a couple of substitutions and decissions in the last two games.

Is sácking the coach the solution? Quite frankly I don't think so.

Anyway, Rock, if you have to belittle me, do so in the football part, the posters already know I'm a Sociedad fan aswell, so that's hardy a new thing for them. You can say my post is poor, happy clappy, or simply shíte and in poor english, but talk about what I write, not me, as I'm not interesting enough to be discussed here.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:57 am

One more thought on the Hyypia problem. He is not the first slow defender to play in the League, and one way teams get around it is by playing a tight flat back four, with the fullbacks moving slightly infield and a rush out goalkeeper, similar to Lawrence and Clemence for Liverpool (Smith )and Schmichel (Bruce). This allows players to play a much higher line while still giving adequate cover. I appreciate that the changes to offside make it slightly more difficult now but its better than defending on the edge of your box all the time.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:04 pm

peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Idiots like T%e R*$k phone htem stations.

come leon you are a mod now, no need for that

True - edited.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:06 pm

i can say it tho :D

i dont think anyone is saying its 100% one particular thing thats messed us up lately. its a culmination of rotation, paco,. players, wags possibly...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:19 pm

hishhish wrote:I am shocked at most of the comments in this forum. I read somewhere we have 6 more points than last year at the same time. We have a very young team, and it is still early, and with one game in hand we could be second.
Where are people seeeing the negative.
I hope no-one with any authority sees these posts, and more importantly if they do see them, no one at LFC is silly enough to make decisions based on such ramblings!

You cant look at last year or the year before just to try and find some statistic which doesnt point to the obvious: that we are in a bit of trouble which if not rectified could result in this season being a flop.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:20 pm

dawson99 wrote:i can say it tho :D

i dont think anyone is saying its 100% one particular thing thats messed us up lately. its a culmination of rotation, paco,. players, wags possibly...

And Peter Crouch's balls becoming too big for his pants.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:27 pm

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:On that subject, possibly even a bigger error than the team we picked at Pompey was the failure to buy a centre-half in the Summer. On the evidence of Sami's display yesterday, and it saddens me to say this about one of Liverpools best players over the last decade or so, he has absolutely gone and we need to plug the gap quickly. Though we knew he was devoid of pace, to see him getting beaten so comprehensively in the air by Berbatov for the two goals was like seeing a World Class boxer take one punch too many on his way down. This oversight from a manager who is famed for studying the training ground efforts of his squad is difficult tio comprehend to be honest. If Agger is not fit to play against Everton, you can expect them to play with Yakubu and Johnson swarming all over Hyppia and it may not be pretty. Not strengthening there was a big mistake in my view.

I agree Mick it was a big mistake which many of us on here could see and commented on at the time. I am pretty sure if we could see there might be a problem, Rafa was well aware of it. Similar to the right wing problem with Simao, he put all his eggs in one basket....... Heinze. I would have thought he could have had a backup plan, even though I thought Heinze would have been a good signing, surely there where other good CB's available even after the deal fell through.

Again yesterday the defence fell deeper to cover for Hyypia's lack of pace, although after seeing the replays of the goals , maybe Carra and Finnan were just as guilty.

Luckily Johnson should be out for the Derby, and Yakubu is more Hyypia's style than Agger anyway.

Sure I've said it at least once, we needed to replace Sami and if he can't even win the ball in the air then he's surely got to go.

I hear Niemi wants Hyypia at Fulham, however I have heard we won't sell until we replace him which makes the sale of Paletta inexplicable as it left Hyypia as practically our only cover/rotation for Agger and Carra
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:29 pm

Owzat wrote:
s@int wrote:

Sure I've said it at least once, we needed to replace Sami and if he can't even win the ball in the air then he's surely got to go.

I hear Niemi wants Hyypia at Fulham, however I have heard we won't sell until we replace him which makes the sale of Paletta inexplicable as it left Hyypia as practically our only cover/rotation for Agger and Carra

I really feel it was a mistake not to sign another CB.
puroresu

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:31 pm

FFS...I've lost count of the number of players LFC have signed "for the future"...18 year olds who haven't kicked a ball in anger yet. On the one hand, IF Rafa is around long enough to see some of them come through (and let's face it, how many of them WILL come through ?), then maybe we'll look back and say "He was right all along...".....but I can't help but think that we've long needed a good, solib defensive CB pair - [B]AND[B/] cover for them - for far too many seasons now....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:36 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:FFS...I've lost count of the number of players LFC have signed "for the future"...18 year olds who haven't kicked a ball in anger yet. On the one hand, IF Rafa is around long enough to see some of them come through (and let's face it, how many of them WILL come through ?), then maybe we'll look back and say "He was right all along...".....but I can't help but think that we've long needed a good, solib defensive CB pair - [B]AND[B/] cover for them - for far too many seasons now....

Isn't that what Toullier was doing, signing the next Henry, the next Zidane and the next................. All that happened was our form was unacceptable, he got le boot and the next manager sold all but a few of his signings. I remember one Hong Kong Scouser suggesting Toullier had left a legacy, he left a lot of rubbish and we had to sell at a loss. Makes his claim to have been in part responsible for our win in Istanbul laughable, I think we won in spite of his 'legacy'
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Oh and on the CBs issue, Hyypia has been here 10 years and Carra longer, how many other clubs have two CBs who have been at the club and two of the main CBs that long? Certainly not Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal, the only teams to have won more than one Premiership
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion