4. doing a very poor job
4%
5. sack him now!
7%
6. other please vote first then state reasons in your post
9%

Total votes : 89

Postby Owzat » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Pointless stats comparing eras. The modern game has changed too much, the money influence means there is the well known gap between 'big four' and the rest in terms of spending. That may be redressed somewhat with Citeh spending and others splashing, but when you have a squad of £90m+ and your opponents squad cost a mere £20m then it's a pretty obvious advantage.

I bet Jimmy Rice patted himself on the back a few times thinking 'oh what a clever boy I am' when in fact he's done something fairly worthless, but some lap it up....................... The overused seven year fergie stat also ignores the change of eras, the fact that fergie didn't win the league BECAUSE it was the seventh season as some gormlessly seem to hope Rafa will, but because he spent a lot of money and landed the best player of the reigning Champions (Cantona), a very good player in Keane from Notts and one of the best keepers ever as well as other million pound signings or thereabouts like Irwin, Parker, Bruce, Pallister et al. We also spent loads, but the manager was Souness................... Instead of a £500k Schmeichel, we splashed £1m on James. Can't remember how much exactly we splashed on Saunders, but it was more than Cantona.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:30 am

Rafa is the man
Benny The Noon

Postby Dazzer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:18 pm

I made a new poll but mods delete it even tho it was in pole section ? don't understand why didn't even get a mail saying why ?
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:28 pm

Dazzer wrote:I made a new poll but mods delete it even tho it was in pole section ? don't understand why didn't even get a mail saying why ?

Mate your spelling is awful.  :D

Are you sure it was deleted? Sometimes the post vanishes and comes back after refreshing.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:40 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Dazzer wrote:I made a new poll but mods delete it even tho it was in pole section ? don't understand why didn't even get a mail saying why ?

Mate your spelling is awful.  :D

Are you sure it was deleted? Sometimes the post vanishes and comes back after refreshing.

No idea why I typed poll then pole lmao.  :bowdown

Yeah checked it quite a few times now.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Whats with all these feckin sh!t pathetic polls?
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:14 pm

wonder what folk think now. so many defeats and weve only just reached november
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:59 pm

Judge wrote:wonder what folk think now. so many defeats and weve only just reached november

I made one judge and BB closed it after 4 votes saying we didn't need another and that no one made one after manc match ? Even tho I did and that got deleted.  :laugh:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:08 pm

bigmick wrote:I think it's two trophies in 5 1/2 years mate but I take your point.

I thought it was three.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:39 am

Dazzer wrote:
Judge wrote:wonder what folk think now. so many defeats and weve only just reached november

I made one judge and BB closed it after 4 votes saying we didn't need another and that no one made one after manc match ? Even tho I did and that got deleted.  :laugh:

resistance is futile  :D

you will be deleted
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 am

I'll back him because he's the manager, end of, even though he's frustrating me more and more by the week. The injuries and the decisions going against us just summed it up, but the Yossi substitution reeked of Reading 2007. It paid off for Rafa then, but Lyon are no Marseille and we had a full strength side then, whereas we are severely depleted now.

If Gerrard and Torres need surgery then we are severely screwed.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 am

I even had about 6 posts delete last 2 days.getting daft now and they wasn't even offensive or nothing.I think one of the mods has it in for me.Maybe one of the mods is Rafa ?  :laugh:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 am

Dazzer wrote:I even had about 6 posts delete last 2 days.getting daft now and they wasn't even offensive or nothing.I think one of the mods has it in for me.Maybe one of the mods is Rafa ?  :laugh:

Maybe it's because 99% of what you post is pure unadulterated shyte ? Could that be it ?  :oops:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:35 am

stmichael wrote:I'll back him because he's the manager, end of, even though he's frustrating me more and more by the week. The injuries and the decisions going against us just summed it up, but the Yossi substitution reeked of Reading 2007. It paid off for Rafa then, but Lyon are no Marseille and we had a full strength side then, whereas we are severely depleted now.

If Gerrard and Torres need surgery then we are severely screwed.

Full post from Brentie on RAWK

We can talk about the sending offs all we like but the truth is we were horribly :censored: before then.

Absolutely no creativity at all during the game, one chance created all game (Benayoun hitting the bar), our goal coming from Torres creating something out of nothing.

Voronin, Kuyt and Benayoun were poor, the central midfield never got in and around the box. Once Torres went off, as there was nobody left to create a goal out of nothing, we lost it.

The injuries and the decisions going against us just summed it up, but the Yossi substitution reeked of Reading 2007. It paid off for Rafa then, but Lyon are no Marseille and we had a full strength side then, whereas we are severely depleted now.

Rafa the cat I call him, because I trully believe he has 7 lives. I dont no how many times I've worried about him leaving but can even he go on if we lose to Lyon? Out of Europe and the league before Bonfire night?

So many things are wrong with us at the moment, from the bad luck to our own failings. So many question marks around the side and the manager.

Last time we finished second, we went out at the group stage of the Champions League and completely fell off the wagon in the league. Unfortunately, we are not far from that now.

link
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:36 am

Oh dear. :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion