>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:09 pm

eh? whats going on?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:11 pm

dawson99 wrote:eh? whats going on?

Oh, I can't post anything controversial anymore, otherwise "people" get all het-up and p*ssy.

The poor lambs.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
dawson99 wrote:eh? whats going on?

Oh, I can't post anything controversial anymore, otherwise "people" get all het-up and p*ssy.

The poor lambs.

I take great offence to that post lando as i suffer from incontenence and i'm somewhat p!ssy :(  :;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:17 pm

how evertonians saw Kuyts tackle on Neville

Pic ripped from TLW
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:46 pm

s@int wrote:how evertonians saw Kuyts tackle on Neville

Pic ripped from TLW

:censored: that guy can give Rob Van Dam a run for his money  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby burjennio » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:02 pm

edit
burjennio

Postby The_Rock » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:15 pm

Sabre wrote:In a nutshell, I agree there must be criticism, but "he has lost the plot", "he is mad", "he picks name out of a hat" is not criticism, it borders the insult.

BTW, you can call me Roy, my real  surname translated means "Son of Roy"

:D

1)did i say those stuff ? I merely said i will criticize rafa (ie.....when i deem fit so)...... There ain't nobody......in the face of this world who could stop me from doing that......NOBODY...

2)point taken....if u wanna be known as roy from the "Siegfried & Roy" duo....there won't be any argument from me.....  :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:02 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Sensationalism is masquerading as analysis and it has got to stop. By all means question Rafa Benitez but it has to be done with perspective.

But if you have doubts about whether Benitez's methods should be accepted then consider the words of another of Valencia's favourite sons, centre forward David Villa.

In a recent interview, Villa was asked how Valencia had managed to be beaten by Chelsea in last season's Champions League quarter finals despite having gone 2-1 up on aggregate at home.

His answer was revealing: "It is very simple. We had a very small squad last season so the manager (Quique Sanchez Florez) could not rotate as much as he would have liked.

"By the end of the season we had played a lot of games, too many games, and we were tired and carrying injuries and when Chelsea came back we had nothing left to give."

It is this kind of endemic exhaustion that Benitez is trying to avoid at Anfield.

Rotation is new to the English game and in a country as insular and naturally conservative as this one it was always going to be viewed with suspicion.

But it is all too easy to blame all a club's ills on a selection process when results go against it. When Liverpool were beaten by Marseilles last week the usual suspects again argued that the defeat was caused by rotation.

This was despite the fact that physically the Liverpool players were at their highest level for several weeks. They were fresh and the occasional rests they had been given were the reason for this.

So the message is simple - support the manager and support his methods. Let the critics have their say but never lose sight of the fact that we have one of the most tactically astute coaches in European football who has a record of success that few can get near and most envy.

[

Your initial point in comparing us against the Mancs misses the whole point of, at least, MY critisism of the rotation system used by Raffa.

Look back at Fergie's changes and you will see that they were, by and large, enforced by injuries/suspensions. He does not make changes to a winning team for the sake of it or because he over estimates the forthcoming opposition or because he feels like it.

The Valencia point is meaningless because they don't have and probably never will have, a squad as big as ours. If they had them players would not have been played with injuries or when they were totally out of form. These are the only justification for rotation. Just assuming a player will get tired in a couple of months is ridiculous.

This tactically astute manager has been very lucky with certain games when half time substitutions were forced on him, when "overly passionate" players went charging up the pitch and scored, when decisions went our way. He wasn't quite so astute when we've lost the easiest World Club Championship we'll ever get in, when we've been knocked out of cups for underestimating :censored: teams' ability to raise their game,and never getting near a Premiership title because I honestly think that he still doesn't realise that the Prem is different to La Liga and everywhere else on the continent.

Still a case of "in spite of" rather than "because of"

No I cannot see an alternative to Raffa.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:05 pm

This is an answer I make about Lando, I think it's better here because it talks about Rafa's criticism

While I agree many things you say Lando (I will not enter now comments on other posters, just football topics), the posters that have said several times that despite Rafa knows more than us, we have a right to say our concerns are spot on.

We come here to discuss footbass as we'd do in a pub. Among my friends I cannot do that, they think I'm a great football fan, they know I support Sociedad, they know that I'm Liverpool fan, they know who Gerrard is, but I cannot truly discuss with them about Liverpool. So criticism, must exist, despite that being true.

I can handle any opinion against Rafa, including the people who wants him out. I just have a problem when people say he's crazy or is losing the plot. And you're right, some people go too far on that attitude, because Gerrard, the victim of last Rafa's change got over it and have seen the big picture, we won the derby. If someone puts the Gerrard subtitution decission as more important than the win in order to keep the stick to Rafa, then, IMHO, they're as stubborn as you are (or I am) defending him. But note that, they do have the right to criticism. We all do.

Maybe what we need is to forget the camps. The debates are too polarised, too black, or too white. If I say that Gerrard's subtitution is hard to understand, but I'm not fuming about it, IT DOESN'T MEAN I think Rafa's a tactical genius. In the other hand, if a poster says that he's not convinced that Rafa will lead us to success, then I find that opinion respectable, and I won't dismiss it. Of course, if someone says Rafa is clueless, I will remind him his record, I just have a problem with criticism that borderlines the insult, no matter if we're talking about Rafa, or Crouch.

From my continental view, we had success this past years. You don't appreciate what you have until you lose it, but many big European cities have envy because you reached the CL final. 1 CL won, 1 FA cup, and another CL final is pretty succesful IMHO. If you reach at a CL final level, it means you can compete with any team of the world.

But I think it's time to ask good results in the league. Better results than yesteryear, at the very least, a second place. Why? because we have a good squad, a good manager, and it's not his second year. If he fails to do so, I'll admit the failure. But I won't admit the failure when 9 games have passed, it's simply too early to do that.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:17 pm

Sabre wrote:This is an answer I make about Lando, I think it's better here because it talks about Rafa's criticism

While I agree many things you say Lando (I will not enter now comments on other posters, just football topics), the posters that have said several times that despite Rafa knows more than us, we have a right to say our concerns are spot on.

We come here to discuss footbass as we'd do in a pub. Among my friends I cannot do that, they think I'm a great football fan, they know I support Sociedad, they know that I'm Liverpool fan, they know who Gerrard is, but I cannot truly discuss with them about Liverpool. So criticism, must exist, despite that being true.

I can handle any opinion against Rafa, including the people who wants him out. I just have a problem when people say he's crazy or is losing the plot. And you're right, some people go too far on that attitude, because Gerrard, the victim of last Rafa's change got over it and have seen the big picture, we won the derby. If someone puts the Gerrard subtitution decission as more important than the win in order to keep the stick to Rafa, then, IMHO, they're as stubborn as you are (or I am) defending him. But note that, they do have the right to criticism. We all do.

Maybe what we need is to forget the camps. The debates are too polarised, too black, or too white. If I say that Gerrard's subtitution is hard to understand, but I'm not fuming about it, IT DOESN'T MEAN I think Rafa's a tactical genius. In the other hand, if a poster says that he's not convinced that Rafa will lead us to success, then I find that opinion respectable, and I won't dismiss it. Of course, if someone says Rafa is clueless, I will remind him his record, I just have a problem with criticism that borderlines the insult, no matter if we're talking about Rafa, or Crouch.

From my continental view, we had success this past years. You don't appreciate what you have until you lose it, but many big European cities have envy because you reached the CL final. 1 CL won, 1 FA cup, and another CL final is pretty succesful IMHO. If you reach at a CL final level, it means you can compete with any team of the world.

But I think it's time to ask good results in the league. Better results than yesteryear, at the very least, a second place. Why? because we have a good squad, a good manager, and it's not his second year. If he fails to do so, I'll admit the failure. But I won't admit the failure when 9 games have passed, it's simply too early to do that.

Very true.

I have stated that I don't care if people criticise within reason, but, like you, if it borders on insults, then I feel the need to stick up for the man.

I'd do the same for anyone I believe in.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion