Preston North End v. Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Sat. Jan. 3rd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:01 pm

Before the Gerrard situation arose i wouldnt of had him in the line up. But now i think he must start get him back on a footie pitch as soon as imo. Ok we know hes gonna take stick but the lads been taking it for years nothing new there , But for me get his mind back on football an play him in the FA cup.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:17 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Before the Gerrard situation arose i wouldnt of had him in the line up. But now i think he must start get him back on a footie pitch as soon as imo. Ok we know hes gonna take stick but the lads been taking it for years nothing new there , But for me get his mind back on football an play him in the FA cup.

He could get his mind back in focus at the stoke game we dont need him for the preston match. Shouldnt use him. His a professional and will deal the situation that his into. All a misunderstanding..i hope
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:38 pm

I think if he wants to play he should play. To leave him out shows the clubs lack of faith in him. He is the captain, he is fit, get him out there!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:43 pm

The thing is though Max i hope he plays so we can really show our support for him. He knows we :censored: love him already but lets make it loud an clear , that were there for him. Im really hoping he plays FA cup or not. He will get his head sorted on a football pitch an we will be there supporting him.

So yeh id play him
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:03 pm

considering what you said for real i would love to see him play aswel. Maybe it would do him wonders and yes would show the team is behind him.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:09 pm

I wouldn't. Its only Preston and we have bigger fish to fry. He is the captain of our club, not a baby who needs wrapping in cotton wool at the first sign of trouble. Im sure he wont go crazy if he doesnt play just to hear the fans singing his name. Rest him for the stoke game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby slickrick » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:20 am

second dtring for me, sooner we're out of the cup the better, league is our priority, don't need any distractions
slickrick

Postby slickrick » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:20 am

meant string not dtring, too much vodka will do that too ya ha
slickrick

Postby aCe' » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:42 am

Id have a strong team out there with a few youngsters .. i mean we have more than enough between this game and the next game for the players to have a little rest....
Agree with Nan that Gerrard should be out there if only to prove a point..
id play a little something like this

Cavalieri

Darby(Arb?)           Hyypia                  Agger                Insua

ElZhar                   Gerrard             Mascherano            Riera

Babel                 Keane

Wouldnt really mind seeing N'gog or Lucas in for Babel tbh.. but if we'r going to play him id rather we play him upfront or down the right wing... he has proven to us yet and again that HE IS NOT A LEFT WINGER...
if arbeloa ready id start him ahead of darby really.. have him off at 60 mins or so if all is going well...
TORRES... if hes 100% fit, id start him ! then take him off... better than bringing him on as a sub i think...

Just go out and start the best players we take there.. then take off the players who can use a rest or the ones coming back from injuries..etc
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:31 am

Judge wrote:
ste123lfc wrote:
Judge wrote:
ste123lfc wrote:Just up the road from me too Judge, I'll be in the Preston end with a few of my Nob End mates. They are convinced that if Rafa doesn't play a full strength team they will turn us over!! And if we do, they will get a draw and take us back to Anfield. Very optimistic me thinks.

i dont live too far from the pig and whistle mate

where you?

I think i'll have to throw my stone a bit harder than you. I live in Tarleton, about 8 miles away. I know where the pig is though.

and i know where tarleton is  :D

Oh no..trouble for Ste!

Judge knows where you live! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:34 am

I really dont know what Rafa will put out but I expect a mix of youth and experience and a win regardless!
I want to see Gerrard out there from the start though,to get his mind back on football and forget about all the recent bulls'hit.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:49 pm

PRESTON V LIVERPOOL: STAT ATTACK

Here are all the important pre-match stats and facts ahead of Saturday's FA Cup third round trip to Preston.

Liverpool's record in the F.A.Cup: (all rounds including Prelims)
Pld. 399 Won: 213 Drawn: 87 Lost: 99 Goals For: 666 Against: 377

This game will be the Reds 400th in the F.A. Cup.

The Reds have won the trophy seven times – the last in 2006 while Preston have lifted the Cup twice. In 1889 they completed the League and Cup double, winning the league in its inaugural season.

Then in 1938 with Bill Shankly in the team they defeated Huddersfield Town 1-0 with a George Mutch penalty in the last minute of extra-time.

Liverpool and Preston have been drawn together on two previous occasions in the F.A. Cup.

In 1894 Liverpool won 3-2 at Anfield in the Second Round.

In 1962 the sides met in the Fifth Round and after two goalless draws Preston won 1-0 at Old Trafford thanks to a goal from future Reds player Peter Thompson. Both clubs were in Division Two at the time of the meetings. Also in that Preston team was Dave Wilson who also later joined Liverpool but only made one substitute appearance.

Since winning the Cup in 1992 Liverpool have been eliminated six times by teams from the division below. These defeats were inflicted by Bolton (1993), Bristol City (1994), Blackburn (2000), Crystal Palace (2003), Burnley (2005) and last season Barnsley.

Liverpool last went out of the Cup at this stage in 2007, beaten at Anfield by Arsenal.

This is the sixth time in the last seven seasons that the Reds have been drawn away in Round Three.

Liverpool have lost to lower Division opposition twenty-two times in the competition while they have gone out at this stage also on twenty-two occasions.

Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun both scored hat-tricks in the Cup last season – the 16th and 17th recorded by Liverpool in the F.A. Cup.

The last man to achieve the feat away from home was John Barnes in a Third Round tie at Crewe in 1992.
Liverpool have kept only four clean sheets at Preston in last 39 visits in all competitions.

Only two players have ever scored F.A.Cup hat-tricks against Liverpool: Boag of Derby County in 1897-98 and R.Westwood of Bolton in 1945-46.

Possible F.A. Cup debutants for Liverpool include Diego Cavalieri, Andrea Dossena, Robbie Keane, Albert Riera, Emiliano Insua and David Ngog.

Of the current squad Steven Gerrard with eight, has scored most in the F.A. Cup for Liverpool.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rorschach26 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:18 pm

................................Caliveri...............................

Darby............Skrtel................Agger ..............Insua

Pacheco.......Mascherano........Spearing............Lucas

...................Keane...............Babel.......................

Carra
Ngog
Plessis
Torres
Nemeth
San Jose
Bruna

love 2 c skrtel & agger together c what the future could hold 4 r CB paring
Rorschach26

Postby Rorschach26 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:20 pm

forgot about El Zhair

id but him on the left & lucas in 4 spearing & drop bruna from the bench