Possible buyout? - Just heard on the radio

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red_lass » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:09 pm

interesting the EPL is being colonized. although the influences means better things to come but its risky.

but im looking forward to the Dihram Vs Ruble battle! :D
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby destro » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:10 pm

i just hope rafa doesnt feel pressurised to spend silly money on "THE BEST " players just because (hopefully ) he has it available. we have already seen clubs hike up the price once we have shown our interest, pennant and crouch are prime examples of that. is it now going to be a bidding war between us and chelsea ? are the days of a player actually wanting to sign for LFC for all the right reasons going to be exchanged for which club will pay him the most wages ? dont be held to ransom rafa "if you build it they will come "
destro

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:27 pm

Reg wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:I think you'll find that RA has bought Chelsea for £60m odd, but hasn't put a penny into the club. All he has done is act as collateral for all these big deals which Chelsea have borrowed the money for. This is why they have reported massive losses every year he has been the owner. He is gambling that in the future Chelsea will be a profitable club. This is fair enough so long as teams like us the mancs and arsenal (not to mention Real, Barcelona, AC Milan etc) all stand still. In 5 or 6 years if Chelsea aren't making a profit it's time to start worrying if your a Chelsea fan cause RA might just get tired of his play thing.

He didnt put the cash in as collateral, as the club doesnt have a penny of debt - so therefore it wasnt a loan etc.. but a simple cash payment. Nice position for Chelski to be in!

The recent comment from Kenyon that they need a bigger stadium is the key and I guess always has been - sell the prime realestate and buy out of town. Wants the land worth in that part of town???

Actually the club as in heavy debt and if you read Frank Lampards autobiography (i didnt lol but i read anextract in the times) he goes on to say that the season they beat us 2-1 (think it was 99 when Hyypia scored first) had they not won that game to qualify for the CL Lampard would have been the first player sold as the club as facing almost certain administration.

And yes its a nice position for Chelsea to be in but they will not balance the books if they carry on spending how they.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:29 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:Wow Reg, your very quick to jump to Chelski's defence. :)

Not really mate, more that I get :censored: off with people who think its clever to over react without just cause. Zats all.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:40 am

Sport » FootballGive me the cash and I will deliver, says Rafa
By JOHN EDWARDS

Last updated at 21:24pm on 8th December 2006

Reader comments (0)

New climate: Benitez will be under more pressure to deliver
Rafa Benitez has opened up on the imminent £450million takeover at Liverpool and insisted he was relishing the prospect of having to deliver results for one of the most demanding bosses in sport.

Sheik Mohammed’s Dubai International Capital group are closing in on a deal that would release transfer funds to rival the fortunes Jose Mourinho spends on a regular basis at Chelsea.

Worryingly for Benitez, they would expect a similar yield to the one Mourinho has provided in winning the Premiership for the past two seasons.

Horse racing fanatic Sheik Mohammed is renowned as a fearless payer of premium prices but equally ruthless pursuer of high achievement in return.

It would turn the heat up on Benitez, who has yet to exceed £10million on a single incoming transfer but has still come in for criticism over signings such as Jermaine Pennant, Fernando Morientes and Mark Gonzalez.

The real test is about to start for the Liverpool manager, who accepts he will come under greater scrutiny as the money rolls in.

"We already had transfer targets in mind, but now we have added some other names, just in case," he said, in an admission that he would waste no time dipping into the Sheik’s vast riches. "When you don’t have a lot of money but still need to improve the team, you end up taking risks.

"You know it is a gamble, but you believe you have identified a good player and follow your instincts. People understand that and take it into account if it doesn’t always work.

"But if you have more money, you must be careful to make sure it is the right signing. It is not easy, because you are dealing with human beings.

"Maybe they don’t understand the language or fall out with a team-mate or even the manager. It can backfire on you, because you are talking about people, not objects.

"Money is no guarantee that you will get it right with a transfer, but, if there is extra pressure in signing a top player, I would take that every time. I have identified targets in the past who proved too expensive, so I would welcome having more possibilities.

"There is always pressure at Liverpool, because you walk through the door at Anfield to win trophies, not come second. That is the pressure you live with every day, but I prefer it that way.

"If you are given money and asked which players you want, I could come up with five names straight away. We are always looking to improve, but you raise your sights if you have more to spend. I will happily accept the responsibility for that. I would back my judgment every time."

Benitez was already looking for another keeper, with Jerzy Dudek likely to leave in the new year, a right back to provide competition for Steve Finnan — with Blackburn’s Lucas Neill the top target — and another midfield anchor man.

The list was drawn up to provide more strength in depth, but Benitez is bound to broaden his horizons and look for household names to improve his starting line-up once Liverpool’s Dubai investors have taken over.

While he waits for power to change hands, he is convinced the implications of a significantly enhanced budget will have a pronounced effect on his current players.

"If the players know they have to compete with others who might be coming in, that has to be good for the team," he said. "It can have a positive impact and increase our level of performance, because I am sure they will react to the challenge."

As Liverpool try to bounce back from the disappointment of being held to a 0-0 draw by Portsmouth in their last home match, striker Dirk Kuyt warned they could be in for more frustration against Fulham at Anfield on Saturday.

"I hope Fulham don’t just come here to defend, but that is how it was against Portsmouth and Manchester City, and it makes it very difficult for us," he said. "I hope it will be a real match this time, but I don’t think it will be.

"When teams play so defensively against us, we have to keep a high tempo, maintain a high quality and make sure we finish off our opportunities when they come along.

"I’m loving it at Liverpool, though. In Holland, it was maybe 10 or so high-quality matches each season, against teams like Ajax and PSV Eindhoven. Here, it is top quality every week."

lets get this deal done...  and trust rafa with the bucks...   :)

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:27 pm

THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_lass » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:05 am

DailyMail

well then... we are back to square one aren't we if this is true.
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:24 am

Red_lass wrote:DailyMail

:D  who's he trying to kid!  they've no chance.....trust this takeover to make them go all green with envy (again). There is no way everton are coming close to being a business proposition, let alone a respectable football club. They are a scam, a sham, and a whole great big pile of spiteful spam!  Who the f**k needs Kenwright and his cronies supporting any business plan proposed by Liverpool/D.I.C....never mind having any effect on its efficiency....really, these 'experts' (polite term) have got nothing else better to do than add two and two together, jump on top of the nearest conclusion....and come up with 5.
and we all know how significant that number is...and so do the bitters  :;):  Professor Cannon ?  consider that idea well and truly 'fired' off.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:14 pm

I dont know how much truth is in that to be honest but im sure this has already been discussed with Moores and Parry and I doubt they would have made that announcment abotu DIC last week if there were any problems.

But at the same time (and dont bite my head of) but would it be the worst thing if we did. After all dont Milan and Inter share the San Siro?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 69-1165337547 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:10 pm

it wouldn't surprise me if it was true, these people want to run us like a business...I don't blame them for proposing this (if they did) 450m for us is a lot of money.
69-1165337547

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:27 pm

look at who the quotes are from. Only that bluenose fuckwit Cannon. This won't be true.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:36 pm

This is the opinion of someone outside the situation. The DIC group are interested in Liverpool Football Club only and the benefits form owning one of the best supported and respected clubs in the world football.. not some poor bluesh*te scumbags in the corner of the city.

Liverpool football Club is an entitiy and brand that is worth having on your long list of holdings. The koudas to be had as being owners of Liverpool Football Club is huge. Of course there has to be a profitable side to it, but this can be achieved both form the pulling power of the club in a 60,000 all seater stadium, the marketing potential including in places including the UAE itself, where Liverpool are already very popular.

The rich mans playground now appears to be the premiership, and these people are no 'mugs' they know that in world terms Liverpool are the real deal a 'giant'.

We should leave this in the hands of Parry and Moores, who has astutely not jumped at just 'any' offer, but acted as true reds in seeking the right investment.

I hope this goes through, cos as you can see from the liink above, in football focus, it's clear that these people will invest in the players side too to get Liverpool to the next level, competing for the best players to become the best again!

Bring it on..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:45 pm

Don't want the ground share

Do want the investors.

I trust David and Rick to do what is in the best interests of the club.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:40 pm

http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=41667

The news that Liverpool are about to be bought by Sheik Mohammed and his buddies should come as no surprise to anyone - the club has been hawked around for a while now by Rick Parry on behalf of the Moores family.

There may well be good reasons for it. Apparently, you need lots of dosh to compete in the Champions' League (though, since it's only 18 months or so since Liverpool won it, I'm not sure that argument washes). Maybe Liverpool are feeling left out of the big boys club, having seen both Chelsea and Manchester United gain billionaire owners.

Many Liverpool fans are resigned to the takeover. They don't exactly want it but they know it's going to happen and they can't stop it.

So is it a good thing for all these clubs to pass into foreign ownership? No idea! There are good things about the investment culture and bad things. It's probably taking the clubs away from their fans even more than before. And what happens when the investors get bored or their returns nose dive? How soon before a club is asset stripped?

These are questions that can only be answered over time.

One thing's for sure, though. £450M of investment won't make Rafa Benitez a good manager and no amount of investment in new players will win the Premiership for Liverpool with that clown in charge!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------

What a knob

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:13 pm

2 la liga titles with valencia and a u.e.f.a cup ???

u.e.f.a super cup champions league and fa cup with us ???

and hes a clown !!

and fat sam has done what got them a top 5 finish :p
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion