Possible buyout? - Just heard on the radio

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scouse_legend » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:55 pm

i dont care if u cant buy more than 1 club lol he bought liverpool and he can buy any player lol so i dont care haha

Scouse_legend

Postby EddieC » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:23 pm

I'm over the moon with this.

The amount of potential investors Moores & Parry have knocked back shows they're intent on getting the right people in, if they're happy with this one then I'm happy.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:26 pm

Has it been comfirmed that they own Liverpool? I can't find an article that says they have bought the club.
67-1161385641

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:39 pm

I hope we conduct ourselves better than chelshite, i.e. paying stupid money for everyone.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:57 pm

I think if DIC are in for this more as a "business venture" rather than a "plaything" then I guess they'll look into how LFC can exploit and/or expand their marketing strategy.

We've been lagging behind Man U for years in that respect and can make the club more self-sufficient.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:59 pm

"Though, just as in football, money does not guarantee success.

Famously, Sheikh Mohammed paid a whopping $10.2m (£5m) in 1983 for Snaafi Dancer, a horse that was not only so slow that he never raced, but at stud he proved infertile as well." bbc.co.uk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6210366.stm

Does this mean he will sign Duncan ferguson
???
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:00 pm

Effes wrote:I think if DIC are in for this more as a "business venture" rather than a "plaything" then I guess they'll look into how LFC can exploit and/or expand their marketing strategy.

We've been lagging behind Man U for years in that respect and can make the club more self-sufficient.

They want us to become a global brand and make the consortium a profit. I reckon he'll invest heavily into marketing Liverpool Football Club (there is huge potential) and buying that he'll make a profit and we will generate our own money from our revenue sales. The consortium has it sussed.  :D
67-1161385641

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:07 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:Has it been comfirmed that they own Liverpool? I can't find an article that says they have bought the club.

no not yet. according to media reports the deal wont be signed until the new year.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:05 pm

Has it been comfirmed that they own Liverpool? I can't find an article that says they have bought the club.

no not yet. according to media reports the deal wont be signed until the new year.

yes i have heared that too but on sky sports news they said the deal could be complete any day within two weeks! ???

just don no what to belive these days :;):
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:04 am

Due dilligence allows the interested party to analyse the books and calculate the value of the company and only then they'll sit round the table. Two weeks....? Already done...?  Three months I'd say.

Read today that the Mad Russian has pumped 450 million quid into Chelski. That got me thinking, he only paid a pound for the club plus debt. So most of that mnoney's been spent on players, facilities, more players then more players.

Our A-rab is gonna pay close to the same without Benitez seeing a penny. A stadium we should have been able to finance ourselves plus paying off Moores and the debt. From 450-475 Rafa dont dont nothing.

So......... who's got the bum deal now. At least Chelski are 450 down but the best team in europe.:p
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:06 am

mrbarbar wrote:This is my first post. I’m for the buyout as long as the traditions of the club are upheld. On the purchase of Tranmere Rovers, is this not a conflict of interests? They’re not in the same division obviously, but what happens if we meet in a cup run?

A person or entity can only have a controlling interest in a single football club.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:40 am

Reg wrote:Due dilligence allows the interested party to analyse the books and calculate the value of the company and only then they'll sit round the table. Two weeks....? Already done...?  Three months I'd say.

Read today that the Mad Russian has pumped 450 million quid into Chelski. That got me thinking, he only paid a pound for the club plus debt. So most of that mnoney's been spent on players, facilities, more players then more players.

Our A-rab is gonna pay close to the same without Benitez seeing a penny. A stadium we should have been able to finance ourselves plus paying off Moores and the debt. From 450-475 Rafa dont dont nothing.

So......... who's got the bum deal now. At least Chelski are 450 down but the best team in europe.:p

The best team in Europe? and the proof is where? on the lips of the pundits AKA the W@nkBandits who love nothing better than licking Romans ring.

Show me any proof of them bieng the best team in europe and i can direct you towards plenty of teams that have won more than 0 European cups.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:48 am

Reg wrote:Due dilligence allows the interested party to analyse the books and calculate the value of the company and only then they'll sit round the table. Two weeks....? Already done...?  Three months I'd say.

How do you figure that one out reg?

Abramoviches personal fortune doesent even come close to the guys wealth. True we probabaly wont go spending vast sums of money like your team has but we dont need to.

You crack me up reg.

Go back to your Chelsea forum knob.head.  :D

And as for bum deals at the end of the day Chelseas money is out of Romans pocket so im sure hes expecting some sort of return ie: European Cup as thats where the big money is.
I remember Peter Kenyon saying they the club would break even by 2008 but i can only see them going more in the red as far as the books are concerned.
Last edited by tubby on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrbarbar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:55 am

Read today that the Mad Russian has pumped 450 million quid into Chelski. That got me thinking, he only paid a pound for the club plus debt. So most of that money's been spent on players, facilities, more players then more players.

It was Ken Bates who famously bought Chelsea for a quid NOT Roman Abramovich
Last edited by mrbarbar on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrbarbar

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 am

I think you'll find that RA has bought Chelsea for £60m odd, but hasn't put a penny into the club. All he has done is act as collateral for all these big deals which Chelsea have borrowed the money for. This is why they have reported massive losses every year he has been the owner. He is gambling that in the future Chelsea will be a profitable club. This is fair enough so long as teams like us the mancs and arsenal (not to mention Real, Barcelona, AC Milan etc) all stand still. In 5 or 6 years if Chelsea aren't making a profit it's time to start worrying if your a Chelsea fan cause RA might just get tired of his play thing.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion