PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:29 am

redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 am wrote:Maybe we should stop signing south american players but then again when Barca or Real come knocking on your door even others won't refuse. Ronaldo was playing for the best team in the Epl full of silverware but still chose to go to Real.

If Salah continues his fine form i am certain he will be tapped up next.

Put it this way. We bought Coutinho for 8.5 million. We are selling him for 140-150 million. That's like what, 1500% return on invest. There are no way any owner will not sign south american players if the talent is real.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 am

redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 am wrote:Maybe we should stop signing south american players but then again when Barca or Real come knocking on your door even others won't refuse. Ronaldo was playing for the best team in the Epl full of silverware but still chose to go to Real.

Tapped up is right, I hate the way Barca an RM get away with It, it's quite blatant the way they go about it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:21 am

redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 am wrote:Maybe we should stop signing south american players .....

Hell no.... we tried all English with King Kenny, Downing, Carroll, Henderson, Adam..... urgh... those players would never leave LFC if we did not kick them out!
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 am

killerp » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:21 am wrote:
redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 am wrote:Maybe we should stop signing south american players .....

Hell no.... we tried all English with King Kenny, Downing, Carroll, Henderson, Adam..... urgh... those players would never leave LFC if we did not kick them out!

:laugh:
We have come a long way alright. Some of those teams were downright depressing especially during Hodgson's days. I think we are on our way to reaching the quality of the squads under Rafa... but we will be taking a step back if we sell Couts without any quality replacement.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 am

redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:08 am wrote:Maybe we should stop signing south american players but then again when Barca or Real come knocking on your door even others won't refuse. Ronaldo was playing for the best team in the Epl full of silverware but still chose to go to Real.

Yep once El Michael Owen and Steve  McManaman heard that native Spanish sounds they were goners :D

Really don't want to see Couts go but if he does it better be for a sackful of gold and only in the summer
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:50 pm

FSG should just refuse to sell him, as I doubt Barcelona have got a decent amount of cash up front.

Just refuse to sell him and he'll still be playing for us next term.
:)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm

They have had long enough to secure a replacement for Coutinho, so if he goes they better not pull the usual shyte and say they cannot get their man in till the summer. If that is the case then no way should Coutinho be allowed to leave now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:22 pm

I really don't get what has changed today compared to 4 month ago? The fact is no one has any interest to cut a deal right now..They can Pull a Keita like agreement and that's the max we should allow.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:32 pm

[
only me » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:22 pm wrote:I really don't get what has changed today compared to 4 month ago? The fact is no one has any interest to cut a deal right now..They can Pull a Keita like agreement and that's the max we should allow.

We hold all the cards so we really shouldn't get bullied by Barca. Sort a deal out for the summer if they desperately want him they will accept. With Coutinho he can sulk all the way faking injuries uptil end of the window and im sure after that he will start playing again.
If we do let him go now i would be very surprised.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:57 pm

redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 pm wrote:[
only me » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:22 pm wrote:I really don't get what has changed today compared to 4 month ago? The fact is no one has any interest to cut a deal right now..They can Pull a Keita like agreement and that's the max we should allow.

We hold all the cards so we really shouldn't get bullied by Barca. Sort a deal out for the summer if they desperately want him they will accept. With Coutinho he can sulk all the way faking injuries uptil end of the window and im sure after that he will start playing again.

I think Klopp has the final say on this. And if we do sell then it'll be because Klopp is fed up if Coutinho and the distractions to what he's trying to build here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:26 pm

redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 pm wrote:[

We could hold him to his contract if we wanted to, yes he'd probably throw a hissy fit and ***** off to Brazil for 6 months but he would have to make a decision sooner or later, he could either go on strike for 5 years losing tens of millions in wages and wasting the best years of his career or he could knuckle down and try to achieve his footballing dreams here.
It's not like he is at a shyte club, we are a massive footballing institution in our own right, we have one of the best managers in world football, we have just broken the world transfer record for a defender, Keita is arriving next summer and up front he is surrounded by 3 very good players in Firmino, Mane and Salah.
We should hold him to his contract, he was happy enough to sign it, he's on nearly £200,000 a week ffs it's not like he is being treated badly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:37 pm

Didn't see him in the stadium tonight  :no All the other injured lads were there but not Phil  :no  Was it just me or did anyone else see him ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:41 pm

Yup i was just going to post the same thing im sure he wasn't there. Prolly his unconscious in bed because of the "injury" pain his going through.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:45 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:37 pm wrote:Didn't see him in the stadium tonight  :no All the other injured lads were there but not Phil  :no  Was it just me or did anyone else see him ?

If true, that's just disrespectful. Disgraceful.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:50 pm

He should have been there and the Club should have forced him to be  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion