PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Santa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:25 pm wrote:Barca are in deep Sh*t right now and fell way behind Real since selling Neymar so they will look to bring in Phil to tip the balance somewhat...i can see him gone before this window closes but the question is...who do we buy to replace him?

???

1 Barcelona         17 14 3 0 45 7 38 45 
2 Atlético Madrid 17 10 6 1 25 8 17 36 
3 Valencia          17 10 4 3 36 17 19 34 
4 Real Madrid      16 9 4 3 30 14 16 31 
5 Sevilla             17 9 2 6 20 22 -2 29

Anyways, a few media outlets are running with the story that he's told Liverpool he won't play for them again - the same b0llocks as the summer. Not certain what to believe at the moment, there's a lot of smoke now this 'injury' isn't helping the speculation.

EDIT Sorry Red Till I DIe - didn't realise you'd mentioned this in the rumours thread  :)
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:03 pm

He's seemed to have been happy playing his football here the last couple of months and been in excellent form on top of that. But we know these sneaky little t-w-a-ts are brilliant at unsettling players then playing the "We didn't do anything" card.

We messed up approaching VVD in the summer and we've been made to pay big time by at least paying £30m over the odds for his signature. I think Barca need to pay up at least £150m or we should report them..

Thing is I know for a fact Barca are contacting Phil on the sly without the club knowing to stop any reports going in. It's so frustrating that this keeps happening at important times of the season and it will once again effect our season if Barca get there way.

I used to like that club, but now teams can compete financially they have become desperate to do whatever it takes to stay on top.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:06 pm

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't move this window.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:27 pm

We will soon see if there is any truth in this speculation, as Coutinho will suddenly not start appearing in our squads for the Everton and Man City and other matches this month.

I'm betting Barcelona are contacting him behind our back and are tapping him up, also. Which should be reported.

I can't see FSG selling him until at least the summer. It would be insane, due to the disruption it would cause to our season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 pm wrote:We will soon see if there is any truth in this speculation, as Coutinho will suddenly not start appearing in our squads for the Everton and Man City and other matches this month.
I can't see FSG selling him until at least the summer. No way.

Either way, it's a gamble. The amounts talked about are a joke; Neymar money or not. That said, we're in a fight for a CL spot, we have knockout stages of this CL campaign, and there's a World Cup coming up. If he performs at a highly level in the CL knockouts and/or more importantly in the World Cup, we can potentially open it up to a bidding war and Barcelona can deck right off. If we keep him, he sulks and demands an exit end of the season and his stock falls for whatever reason we could miss out on a sht load of money. I wanted us to sell before the season started, now that we haven't, it makes no sense at all to sell in January.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Coutinho should stop huffing and puffing anyway over it. He signed a new five year deal not so long ago. So it's tough if he wants out now.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm not convinced Barca has the sort of money we want. At least not as a down payment. I'm pretty sure the offers in the summer were for £80m and then paying extra if Coutinho won the Champions league, Spanish league and found a cure for cancer.

Knowing FSG, they'll want most of it upfront so we can replace him ASAP.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:45 pm wrote:
Santa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:25 pm wrote:Barca are in deep Sh*t right now and fell way behind Real since selling Neymar so they will look to bring in Phil to tip the balance somewhat...i can see him gone before this window closes but the question is...who do we buy to replace him?

???

1 Barcelona         17 14 3 0 45 7 38 45 
2 Atlético Madrid 17 10 6 1 25 8 17 36 
3 Valencia          17 10 4 3 36 17 19 34 
4 Real Madrid      16 9 4 3 30 14 16 31 
5 Sevilla             17 9 2 6 20 22 -2 29

:help  Friends keep telling me too much alcohol can cloud your judgement  :oh:  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:48 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:25 pm wrote:I'm not convinced Barca has the sort of money we want. At least not as a down payment. I'm pretty sure the offers in the summer were for £80m and then paying extra if Coutinho won the Champions league, Spanish league and found a cure for cancer.

Apparently Barca can only pay £100M upfront with the rest subject to certain performance and trophies...if that's so they can bugger off irregardless of what Phil wants.

How Coutinho is not worth a good 50% more than what Barca paid for Dembele I can never understand
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Santa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:48 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:25 pm wrote:I'm not convinced Barca has the sort of money we want. At least not as a down payment. I'm pretty sure the offers in the summer were for £80m and then paying extra if Coutinho won the Champions league, Spanish league and found a cure for cancer.

Apparently Barca can only pay £100M upfront with the rest subject to certain performance and trophies...if that's so they can bugger off irregardless of what Phil wants.

How Coutinho is not worth a good 50% more than what Barca paid for Dembele I can never understand

We should only accept straight cash, no performance related add ons or anything like that. I wouldn't mind but Barcelona took great delight in telling everyone that they'd paid far less than the reported £75m for Suarez as well. They just continually take the pis[s] out of us, they even tried to f[uc]k us up against Hoffenheim as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 pm

150m cash up front deal. Thank you.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 am

Releasing Couts this January makes no sense to either side and will be a huge mistake...We will be left with a huge gap/risk in the middle of the season with our Yearly targets (CL/League position/Cup) And Barca will not gain real advantage (Couts can't play for them in the CL and on the league they are doing fine without him)...In fact nothing changed in the circumstances from the previous transfer window..We don't have an alternative lined up and we still have a lot in stake here.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 am

If his not in rhe squad against Everton then we no what is obviously happening.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 am

redshade » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:29 am wrote:If his not in rhe squad against Everton then we no what is obviously happening.

He was ruled out of that after the Burnley game by Klopp. So don't hold your breath.

It could be one of 2 things - he is actually injured or he's kicked up a stink and Klopp was trying to put some smoke in the way of the press as soon as he could.

Afterall, Salah is missing too and nobody is speculating about him...

I want us to make this as difficult as possible for Barca, tw@ts seem to get free run at anyone they want and their media machine is in overdrive forcing this story down everyone's throats. The money is irrelevant, it's cursed Neymar money which we will never be allowed to spend wisely.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 am

The amount of rumours circulating is amusing.

Coutinho has played his last game for Liverpool as he doesn't want any injuries for Barca move.

Coutinho has chosen his shirt number as deal is almost done.

:D  I can't wait when this window closes. I used to like Barca a lot but now i hate that shyte club.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion