PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:54 pm

Even the pundits tonight think he's a goner. Sad times.
But you don't build anything under Klopp by selling your best players.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:45 am

Apparently our boys are off to Dubai for a warm weather training camp and Coutinho isn't joining them. He's gone and I reckon it'll be announced soon
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby killerp » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:36 am

Looks like the fab 4 will be downgraded to 3... sad times  :down: ...
killerp

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:40 am

Reg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:47 pm wrote:Liverpool FC agree £8.5m deal to sign Brazilian Philippe Coutinho from Internazionale

Jan 26 2013

LIVERPOOL FC have agreed a fee of just under 10million Euros (£8.5million) with Inter Milan to sign midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

4 years with the club, we're going to make about 130 million quid profit on him, 74 pages of comments the last 30 of which have been about his leaving!

Funny old game as Greavsie used to say.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:55 am

If he leaves it would be a huge failure on Klopp and LFC management...Their is no logic whatsoever for such a decision..it would just indicate we don't have what it takes to be the best team in England.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:23 am

Unlike Suarez, I don't think Phil was going to make it in football if it weren't for us. We made him into the player he is today, and what he's doing right now is completely ungrateful and disrespectful. We're entitled to those £140m and the least the little Sh*t could do is make sure that we get the money that we want. This going on a strike, not showing up to games ***** is something that shouldn't be allowed by our club! I can't believe we're letting ourselves be held at ransom by a player that has 4 more years on his contract with us!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:31 am

only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 am wrote:If he leaves it would be a huge failure on Klopp and LFC management...Their is no logic whatsoever for such a decision..it would just indicate we don't have what it takes to be the best team in England.

£130m+ of logic for the decision mate. The profit on this deal will be the deciding factor.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 pm

leeroy74 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am wrote:
only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 am wrote:If he leaves it would be a huge failure on Klopp and LFC management...Their is no logic whatsoever for such a decision..it would just indicate we don't have what it takes to be the best team in England.

£130m+ of logic for the decision mate. The profit on this deal will be the deciding factor.

Disagree mate..our goal is to win titles not turn a profit..BTW losing titles not qualifing for the CL costs a lot of money..If it's only profit why didn't we sell on August? No sense at all.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:40 pm

only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:26 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am wrote:

Disagree mate..our goal is to win titles not turn a profit..BTW losing titles not qualifing for the CL costs a lot of money..If it's only profit why didn't we sell on August? No sense at all.

I think the club wants to hold on to coutinho as long as possible. Probably Klopp didnt want to let him go or maybe any replacements were not available. So they gave him a promise to pacify him that when the right b8d comes in, you may go, but for now still stay and give it your all, probably also hoping that Barca would give up or move on to other targets. Now Barca comes back with improved offer, coutinho was alerted to this and they are in a difficult position not to sell because then they will be seen as no keeping their promise...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Except he's going to Spain. Barca have their pick of most players in England. Once they're a target and the media machine is in full swing, there's only one outcome
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 pm

We are not privy to any discussions/promises/agreement behind the scene. There are numerous reasons for not selling Phil back in August, just as there are several reasons for the club to think this is the RIGHT time to cash out the £145M cheque. Our understanding are irrelevant in this instance...just trust Klopp to do what he think is the best for the club.

Unless we are funded by dirty oil monies, then in order for us to win the title we will need a stronger squad, not one that is top heavy. I believe selling Phil + another £150M investment to get us a top class keeper (Butland £40M?), Van Dijk (£75M), Keita (£45M), Lemar (£85M), and possibly another attacking £60~£75M midfielder will get us a much balanced squad going forward. This would be how I think if I am one of the decision maker at the club.

Phil wants to go...the money is right and the timing is now. Sentimental aside...I firmly believe we will do just all right!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Santa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:48 am wrote:We are not privy to any discussions/promises/agreement behind the scene. There are numerous reasons for not selling Phil back in August, just as there are several reasons for the club to think this is the RIGHT time to cash out the £145M cheque. Our understanding are irrelevant in this instance...just trust Klopp to do what he think is the best for the club.

Unless we are funded by dirty oil monies, then in order for us to win the title we will need a stronger squad, not one that is top heavy. I believe selling Phil + another £150M investment to get us a top class keeper (Butland £40M?), Van Dijk (£75M), Keita (£45M), Lemar (£85M), and possibly another attacking £60~£75M midfielder will get us a much balanced squad going forward. This would be how I think if I am one of the decision maker at the club.

Phil wants to go...the money is right and the timing is now. Sentimental aside...I firmly believe we will do just all right!

You are talking of next year mate I'm talking this year! Who is going to replace him if he leaves now?? We are going to remain with a huge gap in the MF hurting our CL charge...We could easily finish out of Europe this year and then what??
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:17 pm

only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:12 pm wrote:
Santa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:48 am wrote:We are not privy to any discussions/promises/agreement behind the scene. There are numerous reasons for not selling Phil back in August, just as there are several reasons for the club to think this is the RIGHT time to cash out the £145M cheque. Our understanding are irrelevant in this instance...just trust Klopp to do what he think is the best for the club.

You are talking of next year mate I'm talking this year! Who is going to replace him if he leaves now?? We are going to remain with a huge gap in the MF hurting our CL charge...We could easily finish out of Europe this year and then what??

There is a reason why Klopp won't let him go back in August but willing to relent now? Do you think he is stupid enough and not planning for an eventual replacement or have time to assess his team during the past 5~6 months? Think about it...stay calm  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:22 pm

Santa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:17 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:12 pm wrote:

There is a reason why Klopp won't let him go back in August but willing to relent now? Do you think he is stupid enough and not planning for an eventual replacement or have time to assess his team during the past 5~6 months? Think about it...stay calm  :buttrock

If he brings a worthy replacement then hats off but if he doesn't then yes he is stupid.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red_indian » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with being stupid.

We’ve seen in the past that even the best laid plans sometimes do not work out.

Any deal agreed now for a summer replacement better be water tight  if that’s what we end up doing. Otherwise if we don’t get CL or the WCup comes round we could get caught with our trousers down by our ankles again.

Unfortunately Couthino is neither the first and will not be the last footballer to decide against honouring a contract. Just the way things are in the game given the money on offer. He’s been an ***** but what can the club do really.

Get the best deal and make sure everyone else shrugs it off and keeps producing some of the greatest football we have seen in a while, even when Couthino has not been playing.

Also just goes to show that the PL is still not the draw for all players that we like to think. Just hope the git never comes back to play for a PL rival in the future. He’s already a traitor but that would top it all.
red_indian

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion