PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Santa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 am wrote:
kazza » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:01 pm wrote:It seems odd that both Liverpool would lose him for CL, Barca would buy a player that is cup tied and that the player himself is giving up on playing this year in the CL. Maybe the desperation is due to the fact that Barca may well know they are in for a transfer ban and have to get this over the line before that happens. It is the only way it makes sense to me that they would want to push this through now and not summer. If that is the case, don't sell him and figure out what to do with him this summer or demand a big premium to sell now.

Who knows by next Summer a £100M might get you only a pretty decent player and quality will cost Neymar type of money?

well if that's the case we are buggered come next summer, as I doubt LFC have got a bottomless pit of money to just throw it around and spend over 100m on one player, repeatedly. ???
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Reg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:41 am wrote:I agree with the person who said 100m would be a heck of a gamble on a 21 year old with no EPL experience. Coutinho is 25 with 5+ seasons under his belt, he's a different animal, you can't compare the French League and EPL....  Look at De Maria for example.

He is a great prospect though, and if we bought him now by the time he is 25, he will have 3/4 years EPL experience. It is a risk, but show me the alternatives...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Santa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:58 am wrote:
kazza » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:01 pm wrote:It seems odd that both Liverpool would lose him for CL, Barca would buy a player that is cup tied and that the player himself is giving up on playing this year in the CL. Maybe the desperation is due to the fact that Barca may well know they are in for a transfer ban and have to get this over the line before that happens. It is the only way it makes sense to me that they would want to push this through now and not summer. If that is the case, don't sell him and figure out what to do with him this summer or demand a big premium to sell now.

Should we signed Lemar, we will be in the exact same situation...hence I don't think that is relevant when the parties are considering this transfer. Barca need Coutinho and they need him now to make a statement, keep their existing stars happy and strengthen for the coming season. Who knows by next Summer a £100M might get you only a pretty decent player and quality will cost Neymar type of money?

Of course we won't be in the same situation even if we sign Lemar. Almost every new player need time to settle in and learn Klopp's system. I know Salah hit the ground running but he is an exception rather than the norm. We will definitely lose momentum because phil is a major part of the team... if phil goes, it will cause major disruption to our season. That's why Barca needs to pay and pay well...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:25 pm

maguskwt » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:23 pm wrote:
Santa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:58 am wrote:

Should we signed Lemar, we will be in the exact same situation...hence I don't think that is relevant when the parties are considering this transfer. Barca need Coutinho and they need him now to make a statement, keep their existing stars happy and strengthen for the coming season. Who knows by next Summer a £100M might get you only a pretty decent player and quality will cost Neymar type of money?

Of course we won't be in the same situation even if we sign Lemar. Almost every new player need time to settle in and learn Klopp's system. I know Salah hit the ground running but he is an exception rather than the norm. We will definitely lose momentum because phil is a major part of the team... if phil goes, it will cause major disruption to our season. That's why Barca needs to pay and pay well...

by "same situation" I was referring to Lemar (just like Coutinho) will be cup tied rather than whether they will settlewith their respective teams. We won't know exactly how (and if) Lemar will even be suited to EPL at all, or if he will actually flourish here. But so far we have no reason not to trust Klopp and his backroom stuff's judgement in signing players, just no Andy Carroll kind of knee jerk signing please
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:40 pm

It seems the fat lady have started singing...

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/01/0 ... explained/

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/01/0 ... fsg-joyce/

...knowing how desperate Barca is for Coutinho to join them, I'm kinda surprised we don't name a higher asking price (€160~€175M?) with a higher % of up front cash payment, then flatly tell Phil if Barca won't pay up, then he is not going anywhere, down tool or not that will be his choice. Throw him with the U23 in a World Cup year and see who has the upper hand. If this is my deal, that will be how I will negotiate the terms...and I know that how Daniel Levy will negotiate. Pay up and I will gift wrapped and send him out of the back door.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Santa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:40 pm wrote:It seems the fat lady have started singing...

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/01/0 ... explained/

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/01/0 ... fsg-joyce/

...knowing how desperate Barca is for Coutinho to join them, I'm kinda surprised we don't name a higher asking price (€160~€175M?) with a higher % of up front cash payment, then flatly tell Phil if Barca won't pay up, then he is not going anywhere, down tool or not that will be his choice. Throw him with the U23 in a World Cup year and see who has the upper hand. If this is my deal, that will be how I will negotiate the terms...and I know that how Daniel Levy will negotiate. Pay up and I will gift wrapped and send him out of the back door.

I don't get this money debate at all...If we get the money but lose the CL spot due to a weakened squad then what good is it? The Team is above all ,This year is pivotal for our progress...We are fighting for a CL spot in the EPL ,we have a chance at winning the CL title ,the Domestic Cup..Can you put a tab on this? Coutinho shouldn't be sold at any cost this year.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:54 pm

I think for the future we should put a clause in players contracts that they cannot be sold for Barcafekinlona or Real. Im fed up of losing our top stars to them lot.

These 5 or so months are crucial to our progress i really hope Couts stays here at least until end of the season.

I just got a feeling he won't play anymore until the window is shut.

Im sure he can give us till the end of the season before he goes.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:20 pm

If he doesnt play tomorrow then hes a Fu*king rat and should never wear the shirt again. Hes already put a transfer request in and we know he wants to leave so fu'ck him off when they put the dosh on the table!
Cheeky little cu'nt is doing my nut in.
:angry:
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:36 pm

redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:54 pm wrote:

He can't refuse to play can he?

Surely that's a breach of his contract. If he does the club should fine him, simple as.

His only way out is to feign an injury., AGAIN!

According to the official website, Salah and Coutinho are both OUT of the Everton tie, so that boosts Evertons chances..............
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:36 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:54 pm wrote:

He can't refuse to play can he?

Surely that's a breach of his contract. If he does the club should fine him, simple as.

His only way out is to feign an injury., AGAIN!

According to the official website, Salah and Coutinho are both OUT of the Everton tie, so that boosts Evertons chances..............

Klopp ruled both out after the Burnley game
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 pm

After all this, Coutinho could end up staying!
Clubs should make contracts more legally binding, making them harder to buy out etc.
This guy signed a new contract not so long ago, and I'm sure it was a five year deal. Why sign it, if you don't want to be here!?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:37 am

When Coutinho recently signed his contract...

“I signed this new contract to stay here for a few more years because it’s a great honour for me,” said Coutinho.

“It gives me great happiness because I was welcomed here with open arms by everyone at the club and the supporters right from my first day. I am very thankful to this football club for everything.”

Sometimes it feels like players just read from a script.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:00 am

redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:54 pm wrote:I think for the future we should put a clause in players contracts that they cannot be sold for Barcafekinlona or Real. Im fed up of losing our top stars to them lot.

These 5 or so months are crucial to our progress i really hope Couts stays here at least until end of the season.

Im sure he can give us till the end of the season before he goes.

Sounds good in theory but players, especially those from south america, won't sign new contracts if we start stipulating clauses that deny them a move to Barca or Real and then risk them running down their contracts and leaving. Only have to look at Arsenal and their situation with Sanchez and Ozil. In the modern game, player/agent power rules, and if a player is hell bent on moving, 99% of the time he will get the move. For south american players, Barca and Real are the pinnacle and the opportunity to sign for them doesn't come along that often so I get that . Couple that with the fact one of Coutinho's agents/advisor is Kia Joorabchian and he is no doubt after another big payday, it's kind of inevitable this kind of thing will happen.

Our lack of any silverware in recent years is also a problem but main issue here is that as soon as Barca or Real really want one of your players, you really are fighting a losing battle.. We just need to make sure we get the most we can for him and move one. End of the day, no one player is as bigger than the club and although Coutinho will be missed, we will push on ourselves.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:08 am

Maybe we should stop signing south american players but then again when Barca or Real come knocking on your door even others won't refuse. Ronaldo was playing for the best team in the Epl full of silverware but still chose to go to Real.

If Salah continues his fine form i am certain he will be tapped up next.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion