PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:40 pm

We've already signed his replacement. He arrives in the summer though. I'd look to improve other areas of the squad with the money and hope Keita & Lallana are enough to provide the creativity needed through the middle.

Another option would be to tweak the setup a bit and go out and spend big on a striker, drop Firmino behind and play Keita in a midfield 2.

Either way, we need a GK, LB, and DM and hopefully we're also able to sign a big player to lift the fans a bit.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:41 pm

In the middle of a Champions League and Premier League campaign we sell our best player. Ridiculous really, we're a pushover of a club. Hopefully, a decent replacement is arriving this January.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Lets sell Salah for 200 to Real and get this over already..At least we can boost with our financial record.. surely it deserves a CL spot..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Fecking knew we would cash in  :down:  This will have massive implications on the rest of our season  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:10 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:41 pm wrote:In the middle of a Champions League and Premier League campaign we sell our best player. Ridiculous really, we're a pushover of a club. Hopefully, a decent replacement is arriving this January.

Over 4 years left on his contract as well and no buy out clause either. Pushover is right.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Terrible news but it was something that we knew would happen. THis will affect our season but we must move on.
Enjoy life in Barca Coutinho, go and fek off now. He was disruptive towards the squad and atleast now the lads and put it to bed and move on.

I'm hoping we are not in another Carroll mark 2 situation however Klopp is no mug and will get a good replacement.

I want us to sign Mahrez.

Atleast this is happening in the early stages of the window so we have adequate time for a replacement
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:36 pm

They should not have let him go until they had a replacement. That is the bottom line  :nod 
I have my doubts also as to whether they will get someone and if they do it certainly won't be of the same calibre  :no  Lallana is nowhere near good enough and Neither is Chamberlain to fill that role. Firmino is the best option but only if they sign someone like Aubamayeng  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:37 pm

My only concern is we're gonna get taken to the cleaners for anyone we try to get in now
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:10 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:41 pm wrote:In the middle of a Champions League and Premier League campaign we sell our best player. Ridiculous really, we're a pushover of a club. Hopefully, a decent replacement is arriving this January.

Over 4 years left on his contract as well and no buy out clause either. Pushover is right.

I reckon Klopp must have agreed it and will have a replacement in mind. The buyout clause is a difficult one and if we had put one in when he signed a new contract I bet it wouldn't have been as high as what we have got for him now so we would have lost out and lost him last summer. Rumour is he will have a 500m Euro one on his Barca contract
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:45 pm

Boocity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:10 pm wrote:

I reckon Klopp must have agreed it and will have a replacement in mind. The buyout clause is a difficult one and if we had put one in when he signed a new contract I bet it wouldn't have been as high as what we have got for him now so we would have lost out and lost him last summer. Rumour is he will have a 500m Euro one on his Barca contract

My point about the buy out clause (or rather the lack of one) was that we couldn't be bounced into selling him, we held all the cards and there was f**k all Coutinho or Barcelona could do about it. A club couldn't be in a stronger negotiating position yet we only got £5m more up front than Dortmund got for a 20 year old kid, we've been rinsed again, as per usual.
No doubt Barca will be in the media soon laughing at us they way they did after we sold them Suarez.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Couts isn't worth the number we got and I suspect he will find life in Spain much more difficult as their Players are more technical..From a financial prespective it's a great deal however for a pure footballing and development it's a terrible move.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red_indian » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:53 pm

It’s a game of fine margins. We just about made CL qualification last season and not guaranteed to do so this year although well placed.

If we did not have CL this season and Barcelona had come knocking I guess we would have struggled to get 100m.

Let’s face it, Neymar was a one off and Dembele and Couthino the fall out from it. Just a year ago 90m Pogba was still the exception not the norm.

140m is good business for a player who wanted out.

Win the CL to show the f***** what he has left behind.

As for a replacement, well in a WC Year it was always likely that a top class player wanted to see us sell before buying, too big a risk for them otherwise. Fingers crossed we have someone in the bag this window or lined up this window for the summer
red_indian

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 pm

I don't disagree with you Yakka I was just saying if we put one in when he signed the new contract I doubt it would have been more than 100m and Barca would have triggered that last summer. Best possible scenario is we beat Barca in the final of the CL with Couts watching from the stands
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:57 pm

See how he gets on not being the main man, Messi doesn't like anyone taking the limelight from him.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Boocity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 pm wrote:I don't disagree with you Yakka I was just saying if we put one in when he signed the new contract I doubt it would have been more than 100m and Barca would have triggered that last summer. Best possible scenario is we beat Barca in the final of the CL with Couts watching from the stands

That would be everyone's dream, but seriously......
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion