PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:52 pm

redshade » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 am wrote:If his not in rhe squad against Everton then we no what is obviously happening.

The Everton game you can excuse if he is being allowed to rest. But if he's not in the squad v Man City, then panic.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:07 pm

Why would he NOT want to play in a derby game if he was on the way out, what 2 better games to go out on than Everton and Citeh? He's going to hide from these two or do his best for his mates?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Is he even injured ? I don't think many of us believe he really is and all this is him trying to force his move again. Just like back in the summer when he decided he had a back injury. He certainly didn't look injured or hobbling when he came off last week.
Barcelona are readying another bid according to ballague but it won't be anywhere near what we think we will get, 130 - 150 cash is never going to happen.  The best thing we can do is fook Barca off by telling Phil he is staying here to honour his contract unless he buys himself out. Set the price at 130 and save ourselves the hassle of getting screwed by them. That way we get the entire fee up front and he can do whatever he wants. They can screw him over and not us.
I can accept that he wants to go and even put up with his miserable puss on the pitch but fook this refusing to play and feigning injury.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 pm

I’d be very disappointed if he left in January. But if we could sign something which means he stays here for the rest of the season and goes to Barcelona in the summer, and agree a similar deal with Monaco for Lemar that would work fine. He’s be cup tied for Barcelona in the Champions League and I’m guessing whoever we bring in will be in the same boat. My gut feeling is he’ll still be playing for us in Feb but something might be agreed and announced for the summer.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm

It seems odd that both Liverpool would lose him for CL, Barca would buy a player that is cup tied and that the player himself is giving up on playing this year in the CL. Maybe the desperation is due to the fact that Barca may well know they are in for a transfer ban and have to get this over the line before that happens. It is the only way it makes sense to me that they would want to push this through now and not summer. If that is the case, don't sell him and figure out what to do with him this summer or demand a big premium to sell now.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm

You're right, leaving now would mean he would not be able to play in the CL for the rest of the season, is that what he Wants!? I doubt it.
Klopp will have the inside information and will know if Coutinho is on the verge of leaving, so I'm certain he will have a replacement lined up in the summer if that's the case.

FSG have refused three bids for him (when the player wanted out as well)
Why would they accept a bid half way through a season!? Does not make sense to me.
I would be VERY surprised if he goes now.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:41 pm

If he leaves now he'll more than likely win the La Liga being 10 points clear in the table at present .. and for a player that's a big honour.

I agree with what's been said previously Barca are trying to rush the deal before they get banned from any transfers.. the only problem is they want him now but currently don't have the money we want for him. They blew a big amount of money on Dembele and PSG are probably paying the Neymar money in instalments.

They can unsettle him all they want and he can kick up a huge fuss, but the fact is we don't have to sell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:05 pm

Seriously he can go and fu'ck himself if he wants to leave this month.
As has been said, there is no real need for it so if he wants to get away that badly then take the cash and fu'ck him off!
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby red_indian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Am guessing like with VVD the deal is inevitable and now it’s just about the price and the timing.

On the price. The Neymar deal is not relevant as it was his buy out clause as they have in Spain. But Barcelona then set the precedent by paying what they did for Dembele. I’ve not watched him much, but I think any pundit would agree that Couthino is a better all round player. So, based on Barcelona’s own pricing strategy they should know that any bid would have to be well above what they paid for Dembele. I think £160m, with £130m up front would be the minimum with the other £30m based on realistic add ons, none of this Ballon d’Or shyte

On timing. The chance to win La Liga this year is kind of irrelevant. If he does go, he is bound to win it at least once over the next three years. That leaves the CL. I think he’d have a better chance winning that at Liverpool this year than with Barce. Agree a deal for the summer and hopefully we can do the same for a replacement if not getting them in now.

If we can’t get the above then stick him in with the U23s as his team mates don’t deserve to deal with such ***** anymore. And we need to get on with adjusting to life without him as a team too.
red_indian

Postby only me » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:01 pm

I can't see Couts leaving now for the simple reason he didn't leave last summer...The circumstances haven't changed one bit...We still haven't lined up any replacement for him making his departure impossible.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:33 pm

Speculation speculation speculation and MORE speculation!!!

Unless anyone has got any concrete news that his going, we should all assume he is staying.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:34 pm

Speculation speculation speculation and MORE speculation!!!

Unless anyone has got any concrete news that his going, we should all assume he is staying.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby chriserfolg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 am

Sell off this piece of Sh*t . Disrupted the teams at the start of the season and its going on again . 

Fantastic player but a c*nt . 150mp and get kovacic or lemar . Done .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby Santa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 am

kazza » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:01 pm wrote:It seems odd that both Liverpool would lose him for CL, Barca would buy a player that is cup tied and that the player himself is giving up on playing this year in the CL. Maybe the desperation is due to the fact that Barca may well know they are in for a transfer ban and have to get this over the line before that happens. It is the only way it makes sense to me that they would want to push this through now and not summer. If that is the case, don't sell him and figure out what to do with him this summer or demand a big premium to sell now.

Should we signed Lemar, we will be in the exact same situation...hence I don't think that is relevant when the parties are considering this transfer. Barca need Coutinho and they need him now to make a statement, keep their existing stars happy and strengthen for the coming season. Who knows by next Summer a £100M might get you only a pretty decent player and quality will cost Neymar type of money?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:41 am

I agree with the person who said 100m would be a heck of a gamble on a 21 year old with no EPL experience. Coutinho is 25 with 5+ seasons under his belt, he's a different animal, you can't compare the French League and EPL....  Look at De Maria for example.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion