PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:52 am

150 million or bye bye Barcelona. You fecked up...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 am

maguskwt » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:52 pm wrote:150 million or bye bye Barcelona. You fecked up...

Agree - 150 million or kiss my hairy bowlocks.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:22 am

Liverpool will demand astronomical fee from Barcelona to sell Philippe Coutinho after Nike website blunder

Liverpool will demand an astronomical fee for Philippe Coutinho before they consider the sale of the Brazilian to Barcelona after the Spanish side’s shirt manufacturers were guilty of an extraordinary marketing blunder.

Barcelona’s presumption they will sign the playmaker in this transfer window was taken to extreme levels when Nike – who not only provide the club’s kits but have their own sponsorship deal with Coutinho - announced his imminent arrival at the Nou Camp.

They displayed an advert on their official online store on Saturday evening urging fans to purchase their Coutinho jersey for the remainder of this campaign.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... zarre-kit/
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:31 am

Cheeky liberty taking cu'nts shouldnt be allowed to get away with it
:angry:
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:15 am

There's no smoke without fire Thommo, the deal's done......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:22 am wrote:Liverpool will demand astronomical fee from Barcelona to sell Philippe Coutinho after Nike website blunder

Liverpool will demand an astronomical fee for Philippe Coutinho before they consider the sale of the Brazilian to Barcelona after the Spanish side’s shirt manufacturers were guilty of an extraordinary marketing blunder.

Barcelona’s presumption they will sign the playmaker in this transfer window was taken to extreme levels when Nike – who not only provide the club’s kits but have their own sponsorship deal with Coutinho - announced his imminent arrival at the Nou Camp.

They displayed an advert on their official online store on Saturday evening urging fans to purchase their Coutinho jersey for the remainder of this campaign.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... zarre-kit/

I mentioned this yesterday, this is old news. Get with it will you.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm

That just tells me a deal has already been agreed upon.
Which makes sense.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Penguins » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:08 pm wrote:That just tells me a deal has already been agreed upon.
Which makes sense.

As long as he goes in the summer for a huge fee, I couldn't care less
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 am

Just let him leave at the end of this season for 150m.

If we bring in either Goretzka, Kovačić or Lemar as his replacement we will be fine (although if we managed to get Lemar I would be over the moon!)

Unlike when Suarez left, we are building something special now and I only really see our GK as our weakest position that Klopp will finally address in the summer.

When Sturridge inevitably leaves I also think we will make a play at an older more established striker, I would have a cheeky pop at Alexis Sanchez and throw stupid wages at him to join us now that the "London" excuse doesn't wash.

This midfield / forward line-up would destroy any team across Europe:

Keita             Wijnaldum

Lemar

Mane                  Sanchez                 Salah

You would have also have a very strong bench with Lallana, Firminho, Ox, etc
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ethanr » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:06 am

I guess his absence from the squad probably meant one of two things. Either a deal is being negotiated or finalized, and we didn't feel he'd be in it, or he's actually being rotated, which I would think means that we have no intention of selling him.

Purchasing VVD immediately may be us trying to spend the money before we're getting gouged. I'd expect us to sign somebody to replace Coutinho before actually selling him for the same reason- attempt to avoid us overpaying. Either way he's gone now, or in the Summer. I'd like him to stay until the Summer to help us push further into the CL and clinch the top 4, but at this point I think it's becoming more likely he'll go in January.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:11 am

It does look like a done deal but i am surprised its now rather than the summer, is he really that eager to leave that he will sit out the champions league, Barcelona look odds on to win La liga and Couts is cup tied so why now and not the summer unless its to sell a few more shirts. Surely they could agree a fee to take him end of the season.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:50 am

If a deal has been done i honestly hope the deal is that he will join in the summer. We would be idiots to let him go this month with so much at stake.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 am

I don't like the noises currently being made about him going this window, would be shooting ourselves in the foot doing this business now.

I questioned if he was good enough for Barca because he wasn't consistent for us but this season he's been seriously good (he's probably been playing for this transfer).

Let him go in the summer. His hearts already in Barca anyway.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:37 pm

I can't see him being sold this month, he would be cup tied in the champions league also.
Bring in Lemar next summer and we won't even miss Coutinho
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Barca are in deep Sh*t right now and fell way behind Real since selling Neymar so they will look to bring in Phil to tip the balance somewhat...i can see him gone before this window closes but the question is...who do we buy to replace him?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion