Owen move is increasingly unlikely  :d:d:d:d

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:34 pm

"Liverpool striker Michael Owen will join Real Madrid in an £8m plus player deal according to a source close to the club, BBC Five Live has reported.
As well as the fee, it is believed Liverpool will also receive right-sided midfielder Carlos Nunez." Full

Boys I think hes gonna go.

Who in the name of God is Carlos Nunez? ???? ????
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Harty » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:49 pm

I think £10m and a Real star is good business considering we have a player who's heart has not been in the Club for 18 months.
Harty

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:59 pm

well we aint gettin that. we're gettin 8mil and real player(as opposed to star)
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:01 pm

Yeah we are suposed to be getting £8.5m plus two guys from Madrid. Nunez and Juanfran  ??? . As the Viera deal is on the verge of collapse, Madrid will renew their interest Alonso. This means we could lose Owen and Alonso to Madrid. So we get two of their reserve players and £8.5m. Oh dear, I think, maybe lol  :glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:13 pm

i think we get a choice between those 2 players + around 8mil and i think the viera deal is being delayed til monday. if not and they do take alonso and owen ill be seriously p*ssed off. i'm sick of clubs like real and chelsea ruinin the sport with money
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:19 pm

Real Sociedad (sorry bout the spellin) Are quoted as saying they will not sell Alonso to another spanish club.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Harty » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:22 pm

Rafa is a shrewd guy, and I think even with £8m and his contacts in the Spanish market, that he will be able to entice a quality player.  Remember Valencia no money - yet still 2 league championships within the space of 3 years. :D
Harty

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:35 am

weezy wrote:owen to real is increasingly unlikely rufu want 20m but real will only bid 13m 4 him :D  wooohoooo hes stayin!!!!

you stll sure about that, Carra did an intereview yesterday and It seems to me Owen is leaving.

Carra interview.

I don't have an e-season ticket so can't watch the whole thing, but it gives the basis of what Carra said.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:36 am

mistyred wrote:Real Sociedad (sorry bout the spellin) Are quoted as saying they will not sell Alonso to another spanish club.

thats is the correct spelling, I am pretty sure that Alsonso is coming.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:41 am

LFC #1 wrote:
weezy wrote:owen to real is increasingly unlikely rufu want 20m but real will only bid 13m 4 him :D  wooohoooo hes stayin!!!!

you stll sure about that, Carra did an intereview yesterday and It seems to me Owen is leaving.

Carra interview.

I don't have an e-season ticket so can't watch the whole thing, but it gives the basis of what Carra said.

u can watch it on sky sports news at the top of the hour if u have sky
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:43 am

I don't think Rafa would foolishly hold out for 20 million pounds for Owen when the market is this depressed and Owen can do a Bosman after January 2005 plus the fact that he idi not exactly have a very good Euro 2004.

I just don't feel we are getting a good enough player, supposedly offered to Liverpool, as the makeweight.

I think Owen will struggle to get to grips with the Spenish game for sometime but with Beckham around, perhaps it will help him to settle down.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:36 am

Yeah, I'm sure Beck will help him settle and show him around where he can pick up nice chicks and secret hang out places in Spain. Also, Beck will not become the only one to miss a penalty now! :p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby tel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:52 am

FK Ream Madrid.

As much as I hate to admit it, look at Arsenal holding the line with these Spanish clowns. 25m for Viera or fk off.

Real is not the only the club to do business with. There are still a lot of top quality strikers playing in the Italian League to exchange with. I'll take Schevckenko for starters.

Owen is 25m or fk off. Or 15m and 2 players (Guti and Juan Fran).

They have the money. Lets not make them look like they have any sense.
tel

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:53 am

akumaface wrote:Yeah, I'm sure Beck will help him settle and show him around where he can pick up nice chicks and secret hang out places in Spain. Also, Beck will not become the only one to miss a penalty now! :p

Owen is married my friend. Then again so is Beckham.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:55 am

tel wrote:FK Ream Madrid.

As much as I hate to admit it, look at Arsenal holding the line with these Spanish clowns. 25m for Viera or fk off.

Real is not the only the club to do business with. There are still a lot of top quality strikers playing in the Italian League to exchange with. I'll take Schevckenko for starters.

Owen is 25m or fk off. Or 15m and 2 players (Guti and Juan Fran).

They have the money. Lets not make them look like they have any sense.

tel the probelm is we can't hold them to ransom cos they will say "Ok we will wait till january and get owen to sign a pre-contract and leave on a Bosman". We need to try and get as much as we possibly cna, but be careful at the same time.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion