Oh no not again, it's rotation. - Was it worth it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1169804304 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 am

Balloonless wrote:
Judge wrote:ballache = balloonless = same geezer ?

i think yes what about you :D

Judge + rest of dipper scum = murderers  :rasp

Kill this silliness once and for all. Let's be nice to each other. Can I echo the words of my friend, I love you too Judgy mate.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1169804304

Postby tommycockles » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:00 pm

these "newbies" are really friendly!!  :D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:25 pm

peewee wrote:i do think the 'over rotation camp' have a better argument though bearing in mid that when the rotation stopped we started winning     :D

And when was that, mate? :D  Not trying to be funny here but I'm not sure the rotation has stopped.  We did start winning, though, and, presto, it suddenly became much less of a focus for criticism.  Again, I'll admit Rafa got some of his team selections wrong early on but it's not like he woke on November 1st picked his best 11--including Stevie in the middle--and we've not looked back.  He's continued to rotate all season so there's got to be more to our change in fortunes than that.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:32 pm

read it again bob, i say 'over rotation' and not just rotation, the over rotation stopped just before we went on this good run   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:38 pm

peewee wrote:read it again bob, i say 'over rotation' and not just rotation, the over rotation stopped just before we went on this good run   :D

Oh, well, in that case... :D

Not trying to be a divvy (another one for Sabre :D) about this...it's just something that I've been curious about all season.  Has Rafa's approach to rotation really changed and does that coincide with our winning run? 

Not nearly enough coffee in me yet to look it all up (besides why do it at home when I can do it at work?  :;): ) but I'll get back to you on this.

In the interim, care to define "over rotation", mate?  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:39 pm

peewee wrote:read it again bob, i say 'over rotation' and not just rotation, the over rotation stopped just before we went on this good run   :D

you said 'over rotation' and 'rotation' in the same same sentence.

so your both right  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:44 pm

bob i think we did go on this run when he started playing a more settled team, the same thing happened last season. this is why i say earlier that rafa didnt learn from last season, lets just hope this season he thinks logically and we start with regular line up

over rotation is basically too many changes to the team, the odd player is ok mate, but wholesale changes leads to uncertainty in the tactics. there is also a belief that it leaves the players with nothing to play for so to speak, a player may be consistently good but still be dropped
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby 80-1169754111 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:52 pm

Rotation works, just ask David Albelda.
80-1169754111

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Sheffield United was a point gained

:laugh:  :laugh:   :laugh:

I guess this is a case of  "if you fail to reach the standards you've set , lower your standards"

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:16 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Sheffield United was a point gained

:laugh:  :laugh:   :laugh:

I guess this is a case of  "if you fail to reach the standards you've set , lower your standards"

Forget the name of the opposition for a minute, then ask yourself did we warrant three points against SU ?

I think not
66-1112520797

Postby EddieC » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Bad Bob wrote:which certainly did not help the likes of Pennant, Gonzales and Pennant settle.

Did we sign Pennant twice Bob?

:rasp
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Reading some of these posts, there are some people on here who wont here anything about Rafa's heavy early season rotations, and yet I'm sure a few of them on here were pretty sceptical at the time. And then theres the old Gerrards better on the right brigade (fair enough).

Alot of factors would of hindered our early form, but IMO rotation was key to it. Gerrards game has picked up, not because he's been moved back to the center in his favoured position but because we've played weaker opposition, like Chelsea  :sleep
66-1112520797

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:24 pm

EddieC wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:which certainly did not help the likes of Pennant, Gonzales and Pennant settle.

Did we sign Pennant twice Bob?

:rasp

It took until page 3 before someone took the p!ss...I'm a bit disappointed! :D

Of course, I meant to say Bellamy rather than a second Pennant!  :blush:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:35 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rotation is a scapegoat.

The journalists that were making these points were doing so lazily and it is only the easily led fans that are taking it really as far as i am concerned. There is a case for not rotating the players, but to place all of our faults at the hands of this system is ludicrous.

I cant accept that our problems lie in a system that has been accomodated into two successful seasons. I especially have problems accepting this when our squad is stronger and those players brought in are better players than previously.

There have been below par performances until recently from players whose consistency we have come to take for granted (Reina, Xabi, Finnan, even Carra on occasions). We have had a bit of bad luck, some poor refereeing decisions, some blunders, some poor finishing, some new players trying to fit into a new team. All of these are excuses, none of them are great to hear and shouldnt be relied on, but all of them hold up better under scrutiny than the :censored: about squad rotation in my very humble opinion.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:41 pm

i think the easily led fans are the ones who blindly accept rotation when its obvious it doesnt work and look for other excuses rather than put the blame at the managers door, you say the other faults hold up better to scrutiny, then feel free to share your wisdom with us.

i will just ask the question 'in the last two seasons have our results and performances inproved when the over rotation stopped?'  we all know the answer is yes to to say it isnt is wrong.

mick i have my own mind and i dont listen to journalists, i form my own opinion and i dont appreciate you intimating that im easily led, i have noticed snide comments from you quite a lot when people dont agree with your thinking
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion