Oh no not again, it's rotation. - Was it worth it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 80-1169754111 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:40 am

Noel White? Well he slated Rafa in the press and had to resign because there was no harmony in the club, it was a like Kinky Afro. David Albelda is a class player mate, I'm better though, you know I play for Kettering Town. Scored 8 goals in 27 games, not bad.

Back on track, I'll try and find an article for you. BTW I hope Sociedad escape relegation.
80-1169754111

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:41 am

the boardmember sopke to the press and criticised the rotation policy that rafa uses, as far as i am aware there was no disharmony at the club and it was a one off comment rather than a fued.

to be fair to the guy he had a point and that can be seen now that we are winning games without over rotation (i know some of you dont agree about the over rotation argument, but assuming that is why we were losing). i read somewhere recently but i dont remember where that a lot of people think the guy was right with his misgivings but obviously not right to air them in the press.

the board just thought his opinions should have been kept within the club
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:46 am

Thanks Peewee, PacemakeAlonso. I think we have to discuss a couple of points :) . Welcome to the boards mate.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:57 am

Reasons for our poor start

1/ Hardest away fixtures to start a season possible meant that we never managed to build the confidence essential for a good early run of wins

2/Integrating our new players was more difficult because of the WC, loss of form of most of our best players, injuries and again the difficult run of away fixtures.

3/Rotation has had some bearing ,but not as much as some have thought, but perhaps more than I have previously credited.I defended rotation perhaps a little too much earlier in the season, It has played a part in our poor start and I was wrong.

4/Off the field problems affecting key players, notably Gerrard, Bellamy and Crouch.

5/Goalkeeping is such a vital area in a team (as demonstrated most effectively by Dudek against Arsenal)So the loss of form of Reina early in the season was a damaging blow both to team confidence and moral.

Reasons to be cheerful part1

I think some people are getting carried away by our recent good run and the win against Chelsea. We are still not playing at the top of our game, frailties are still apparent defensively and our attacking play still has a very predictable pattern, and a lack of real creativity a times. We are still moving towards our peak ,performance wise. If we continue to improve as our confidence grows, players return from long term injury, our recent luck holds and perhaps our rivals falter, we may yet be in a position to make a late challenge.

Then maybe Rafa's rotation will bear fruit.
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:12 am

am i suffering dejavu
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:51 am

I think it has been said above but my thoughts are that is is not one thing, its the whole combination. Saint's list above sums it up nicely.

I would add that while we could do nothing about the fixtures that were handed to us, the integration of new player affects a majority of teams in most seasons. Look at Portsmouth, they had a great run a the start, dispite having a half new team. admitedly they are falling off now, but proved you can win games with a new team. chelsea also had Shevchenko, Ballack and Cole, and while none of them have set the prem alight, chelsea's early season form was better than ours.

I have to admit i do like rotation, when its controlled and managed properly - but it wasn't rotation that we had - it was excessive rotation. More than 2 changes game after game. i think it did contribute to our poor form early season. - but it wasn't solely to blame.

I also agree with saint in the fact that people are getting carried away by our recent good form and the win against Chelsea. - Chelsea had no central defenders in their team and also missed Makalele, who imo is more important midfielder in their team. It was a very uderstrength chelsea side and we played them when their chips were down so to speak. The real test this season will come when we play utd and arsenal. - having already lost 4 games out of 4 to those two teams already this season. - I think only then we we have a fair idea of how we compare to the other teams in the top 4.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Balloonless » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:52 am

Redman in wales wrote:I think it has been said above but my thoughts are that is is not one thing, its the whole combination. Saint's list above sums it up nicely.

I would add that while we could do nothing about the fixtures that were handed to us, the integration of new player affects a majority of teams in most seasons. Look at Portsmouth, they had a great run a the start, dispite having a half new team. admitedly they are falling off now, but proved you can win games with a new team. chelsea also had Shevchenko, Ballack and Cole, and while none of them have set the prem alight, chelsea's early season form was better than ours.

I have to admit i do like rotation, when its controlled and managed properly - but it wasn't rotation that we had - it was excessive rotation. More than 2 changes game after game. i think it did contribute to our poor form early season. - but it wasn't solely to blame.

I also agree with saint in the fact that people are getting carried away by our recent good form and the win against Chelsea. - Chelsea had no central defenders in their team and also missed Makalele, who imo is more important midfielder in their team. It was a very uderstrength chelsea side and we played them when their chips were down so to speak. The real test this season will come when we play utd and arsenal. - having already lost 4 games out of 4 to those two teams already this season. - I think only then we we have a fair idea of how we compare to the other teams in the top 4.

really good post. good point mate.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Balloonless

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:54 am

If it's so boring, don't quote it, it's above your useless post.

What a waste.
:)

Note to moderators: In order to improve legibility just delete the cúnt's posts alongside mine, so that the decent posts remain only.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Balloonless » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:56 am

I don't really know how to use the functions on the screen here but this guy is clearly a tool so while I'm finishing me beer before I turn in I'm going to delete his and his oppo's posts.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Balloonless

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:03 am

whats with the attitude balloonless ?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1169804304 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:03 am

Balloonless wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:I think it has been said above but my thoughts are that is is not one thing, its the whole combination. Saint's list above sums it up nicely.

Boring post too looooooong.

Pennant>Ronaldo

The original post was really good but I'm not sure what you mean by the bottom bit.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1169804304

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:05 am

ballache = balloonless = same geezer ?

i think yes what about you :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:08 am

Brainless and ball-less more like :p
account deleted by request

Postby Balloonless » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:12 am

Judge wrote:ballache = balloonless = same geezer ?

i think yes what about you :D

Judge I love you.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Balloonless

Postby tommycockles » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:16 am

I see Bigmick is online- let's see you go to work!!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion