NEW STADIUM - All News + discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 pm

I stand corrected, I have a friend who regularly watches London Wasps and he says the season ticket he has cost him £1300 all season.
Boxscarf

Postby Kukilon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Hadn't people been so die hard against renting the place out to Everton we would have started the construction on a new stadium allready. As sad as it is the only way we can compete financially with clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, United and City is to have a huge stadium that we fill. Doing what they want now won't work anyhow since corporate goers won't pay London prices or even fill those seats in a city like Liverpool. Our team needs a huge stadium for working class people.

75k minimum.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:58 am

Anfield redevelopment to be confirmed on monday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:23 pm

where you getting that from mick?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Anfield wrap.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:45 pm

that is fantastic news!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:50 pm

So are we going to have reduced capacity for a few years?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:15 pm

The Main Stand and Anny Road are to be re developed only and will provide an extra 7000 corporates seats plus about 8000 non corporate seats to bring the capacity up to 60k. Work is due to begin in 2014.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby D___C » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:52 am

Delighted with the news. Please God this comes to fruition.

From a cost benefit analysis standpoint, Peter McGurk (on Rawk) is probably the most learned of all our fans in outlining why redevelopment was a no brainer. The maths never stacked up in favour of a Parry Bowl, and Henry even endorsed his analysis. We have the same 60 thousand capacity by redeveloping, at roughly 40% of the cost of a bowl. For me it was less about the financial aspect as to why it we had to stay and redevelop... simply put, Anfield is the most iconic stadium in England, the "templo of futbol" as Marca states, you dont swap that for a generic, soulless, bowl that would have watered down our identity. Anfield is a gold mine. No matter how sh1t we are doing, we always have the most iconic home in the country which the media cant get enough of. Watch a live game on Sky...no other club's stadium gets the media attention or focus that we do. Every single opposing team player/manager talks about coming to Anfield. Ask the average man on the street to name one stand in England and the answer will be The Kop. With Anfield we will eventually get back to the top.. with a parry bowl and a watered down identity i seriously doubt we would.

The main stand and Anfield road end revedeloped (with extra tier) is the perfect scenario, it has to happen. We have been let down before so i wont get the cheap champagne out just yet.
D___C

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 am

D___C » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:52 pm wrote:Delighted with the news. Please God this comes to fruition.

From a cost benefit analysis standpoint, Peter McGurk (on Rawk) is probably the most learned of all our fans in outlining why redevelopment was a no brainer. The maths never stacked up in favour of a Parry Bowl, and Henry even endorsed his analysis. We have the same 60 thousand capacity by redeveloping, at roughly 40% of the cost of a bowl. For me it was less about the financial aspect as to why it we had to stay and redevelop... simply put, Anfield is the most iconic stadium in England, the "templo of futbol" as Marca states, you dont swap that for a generic, soulless, bowl that would have watered down our identity. Anfield is a gold mine. No matter how sh1t we are doing, we always have the most iconic home in the country which the media cant get enough of. Watch a live game on Sky...no other club's stadium gets the media attention or focus that we do. Every single opposing team player/manager talks about coming to Anfield. Ask the average man on the street to name one stand in England and the answer will be The Kop. With Anfield we will eventually get back to the top.. with a parry bowl and a watered down identity i seriously doubt we would.

The main stand and Anfield road end revedeloped (with extra tier) is the perfect scenario, it has to happen. We have been let down before so i wont get the cheap champagne out just yet.

Can't believe I'm actually really agreeing with you and respecting what you've posted.

Have had a few drinks in me tho so take it with a pinch..  :buttrock
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 am

Believe it when I see it. If work is to start in 2014 we will be operating from a building site for several years at a substantially reduced capacity. The work will probably take between two and three years and won't be completed until 2017. Five years is a very long time in football. If you need any evidence of that just take a look at what has happened at LFC over the last five years!

If this redevelopment is to go ahead then I expect LFC to announce a ground naming rights deal in the near future. Providing it is not something idiotic then I don't have a problem with that as a sensible funding idea to cover some of the redevelopment costs.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:52 am

D_C yer whinging git where have you been? Honestly thought you had gone back to supporting the bitters !!!!!!!!!!!!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby D___C » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 pm

ethanr » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:00 am wrote:
D___C » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:52 pm wrote:Delighted with the news. Please God this comes to fruition.

Can't believe I'm actually really agreeing with you and respecting what you've posted.

Have had a few drinks in me tho so take it with a pinch..  :buttrock

Must have been more than "a few" :laugh:
D___C

Postby D___C » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:52 am wrote:D_C yer whinging git where have you been? Honestly thought you had gone back to supporting the bitters !!!!!!!!!!!!  :laugh:

Hard to admit but i have tried to block out Liverpool for the past while...too painful dealing with the mediocrity that we are going through at the minute. Fully behind Brendan as his methods work, but its the lack of quality in the team that i cant deal with. Discussions over the ilk of Shelvey i have no time for. When you start discussing mediocrity you then become accustomed to it and accept it.. It becomes the norm. The standards have fallen somewhat so im hoping the tide will soon turn and we can bring in quality players to analyse. The stadium news was the first time in months that i got truly excited, and in terms of importance it dwarfs onfield matters. A modern 60,000 seater Anfield will see us return to our rightful place at the forefront of the English game. After all the broken promises and BS over the years, this has to happen.
D___C

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Excellent news, if true, I'll await for official comfirmation.

As for D__C, you are probably in the minority when it comes to Shelvey.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion