New players?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:35 pm

Everybody is currently talking about getting a new manager in but what about new players?

I'm not that confident of Houllier's so-called imminent arrivals of Boumsong and Cisse.

Boumsong played well against us last year for Auxerre but I don't know much else about him.

Personally I think Cisse is over-rated. He played badly against us at Anfield and I think that if he was as good as people make out Juventus or somebody would have signed him already.

What signings would people like to see? Be realistic, and don't mention the likes of Zidanne, Raul or Ronaldo!

My ones are:

Steed Malbranque: he is proven at Premiership level and hints that he'd love to sign for the Pool. Can play left or right or behind the front two (like Kewell) and is a good penalty taker. Would be far better than the likes of Smicer or Cheyrou.

Hassan Sas: had a great world cup and could come cheaply. Gives great width on the right.

Hakan Yakin: Houllier should have signed him when he had the chance. Was brilliant against Ireland a few weeks ago, even though he carried an injury. I don't know whether his move to PSG went through or not.

Rafeal van der Vaart: I have seen him play for Ajax and he's incredible.

Patrick Kluivert: could be moving from Barcelona soon but it is rumoured that he wants to stay in Spain.

William Gallas: hasn't had a good start to the seaosn for Chelsea and he might be persuaded to leave.

Marco Materazzi: former Toffee, but he's been a revelation in Italy, being one of the top 5 centre halves.

Walter Samuel: hard as nails Argentine playing at Roma.

Claudio Lopez: one of the best players in the world three years ago, he might be tempted to leave Italy.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:53 pm

how about Phil Neville to bolster the attack?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Sarcev » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:53 pm

Probably Klivert to leave the Spain. Barcelona will have a Maciej Zurawski, striker from Poland. I compare style game Zurawski to Andriej Szewczenko when he played in Dynamo K.
Sarcev

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:59 pm

eh?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:00 pm

not Phil Neville then?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:55 pm

I think if we are realy to progress we need three new players.

*A striker to help Owen, someone with a bit of size but with more brains and ability than Heskey.  I think Mark Viduka would be a great signing, as long as we could get the best out of him. With Leeds finacial plight not getting any better we maybe able to take advantage.

*Next i think a new centre back. Hyypia and Henchoz are very good but with both of them lacking pace once they've been turned there no getting back.  Boumsong may not be the greatest, but realisticly he is available on a free at the end of the season, it is vital we get a new centre back with pace, and personally i would partner him with Hyypia.

*I think that Diouf is doing well on the right but he dosen't always look comfortable, and i think Danny Murphy is great if your wolves, so i think we need a new right sided midfielder.  I am a great admirer of Simon Davies of Tottenham.

Viduka - 10 - 15M

Boumsong - Free Transfer

Simon Davies - 7 - 10M

I think if we could get Boumsong and Davies in the summer and give Baros a chance along side Owen then we leave Viduka for a long term target.

These signing are potential first teamers and would improve us hugely in departments were we are lacking.

WHAT DO YOU THINK John Barnes' Granny and CHEESY?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:07 pm

Phil Neville up front?

11 Phil Nevilles would do better for us than the clowns Houllier picks.

I reckon we could get Viduka for only about £2-3million as Leeds financial position is even worse now than when it was this time last year. Viduka is a mercenary but he would be awesome in a Liverpool shirt if the team was playing well. He's a born striker, and if chances came his way, he's a 30 goal a season man.

I have a feeling that Houllier would take Alan Smith if he got a chance. Houllier has always expressed his admiration of Smith (maybe its because Smith was the man that finally got Roy Evans fired!!!) Its a transfer that I could see happening. What do people think about Alan Smith?

It also looks like Juninho will be sold by Boro at Christmas. What about the little Brazilian?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:12 pm

So John Barnes' Granny u want to know what people think of Alan Smith. Well I think he is talaneted and has fighting spirit which we could do with but he dosn't know how to channel his aggresion in the right way, if we could tame him, then he could be great.

P.S. He is a thug though.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bpm1976 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:25 pm

Some really class names being bantered around, lopez, viduka etc.Dont think GH will sign these sort of players as they are not french un-knowns and I dont think he likes these big name players.Mendieta for a season would of been class with the option to buy, I have my doubts about the striker Cisse too, Anelka for me would of given the team much more options.
bpm1976

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:33 pm

I was shouting my head of about getting Mendieta for a season but no one would listen, thank god for bpm1976.

By the way Cisse is over rated, i watch french football and he would not improve us much.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redlester » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:46 pm

What is so special about Boumsong and Cisse??
Redlester

Postby Simlinford » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:41 pm

Well Cisse french so he's special in houlliers eyes who the hell is Boumsong

As far as new players go hamman coming back will be like a new signing so i dont think anyone will come in till next summer
Simlinford

Postby zuokao » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:55 am

i think the guys we already have can play well in the season,but Hollier did a job that was so good~~we have greatest stars of the league:owen,baros,diuf,girrad,kewell,happya......sometimes we just lack of luck ~.
obviously,Hollier has to do better or his time will over~
                                                            ____a chinese boy who is a crazy fan of lfc ~!

buy the way~~Sun ji hai is a good choice although he is in MC
Robbie fowler 4ever !!
zuokao

Postby kopfanade » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:48 pm

There are some great names being mentioned but how many are English?? Not that it seems to matter these days unless you are a follower of England also and have to put up with suggestions of playing Sherringham again as there are no decent strikers to accompany Owen, only a kid who can only just vote and who's manager claims he's gone off the boil.

Sad isn't it. Where are the England stars of the future comming from, France perhaps and qualifying by right of owning an Old English Sheepdog!!
kopfanade

Postby 116-1065305004 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:21 pm

New signings I say:

PATRICK KLUIVERT(Barcelona)-Unsettled at Barca and not goal shy like half of our team is!

MARC OVERMARS(Barcelona)-Frozen out and Nou Camp and quoted as wanting a move back to England, pacy and skilful player who can create goals

HAKAN SAS(Galatasaray)-Passionate and determined player who will give it his all. And as a Turk he will have a strong winning mentality.
116-1065305004

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion