NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:Question to John Henry when are you getting shut of our current manager and bringing a better one in?

John Henry

We are very encouraged. I think we have done everything we can to assure Roy that we are not here to make changes.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:40 am

Henry meeting mods of Rawk within days of taking over sure is a sign of power of the internet
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:45 am

laza wrote:Henry meeting mods of Rawk within days of taking over sure is a sign of power of the internet

Yes and every memeber has informed them to get rid of Royston  :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:52 am

laza wrote:Henry meeting mods of Rawk within days of taking over sure is a sign of power of the internet

:nod

He's stopping over in Nova Scotia to see me on his way back to Boston.  I'll sort him out, don't worry.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:49 am

Bloody Henry there's enough people on Internet forums with delusions of grandeur who take themselves far too seriously without him adding fuel to fire :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:45 am

Dundalk wrote:Thomas Werner Interview

First of all Thomas, what was it that attracted NESV to Liverpool Football Club?

I think that Liverpool is one of the great clubs in all of sport, it's history, it's tradition, it's fans - in some ways it's similar to the fans of the Boston Red Sox in that they're loyal, they're passionate and it's our good fortune to be stewards and we hope that we will take care of this extraordinary club and provide it with the resources and the commitment to win in the near future and hopefully restore some of its lustre.

How relieved are you that the events of the past few days are over and that we can look forward?

I think it's been a very interesting rollercoaster but now our focus is on stabilising the club. We've been with the players this morning and the manager and we introduced ourselves, told them that we're here to be supportive, to be constructive and we have a great history in Boston of providing the resources to win and we expect to do the same.

How special was it to visit Melwood?

Well we actually have been at Melwood before, we came here under the radar about four or six weeks ago, but it's always a pleasure to be around players because, after all, they are the heart and soul of the club and if we can give a message to our fans it is that we're going to be very supportive and we're going to listen. We look forward to spending the next few days here talking to various stakeholders and telling them about a little bit our track record and how we're going to go about our business.

How confident are you that you'll be able to translate the success you've had in Boston into English football and lead Liverpool to success?

I think one message I'd like to give is I'd rather under promise and over deliver. But if you look at our track record in Boston - and the Boston Red Sox have some similarities with Liverpool - we came into a situation where the club had not won actually for 86 years and we hope to win much faster than that. It's an honour to be here, we're humbled by this and we just want to tell our fans that we're going to listen to them, we're on their side and finally it's about winning on the pitch.

There has been such an overwhelming reaction of joy among Liverpool fans since this deal went through - how does that make you feel?

We are quietly confident but we would like to say to our fans that we are honest, we care, we're focused, we have brought great management into Boston and we look forward to doing whatever we can to strengthen the club. We can't wait to see everybody at Anfield.

It's still early days... But I'm liking the way the new owners are conducting themselves. I also like the statement "we'd rather under promise and over deliver". No spade in the ground in 30 days or snoopy doggy as our new winger non of that nonsense. I prefer less talk and more action. Roy should listen carefully :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:06 am

Ciggy wrote:Question to John Henry when are you getting shut of our current manager and bringing a better one in?

Question to Selma, when are you gonna give it a break ffs

Great news with the new owners, and im liking what they're saying.

IF we dont start doing better they will make the changes, dont worry about that. But they are also decent human beings who will give the current manager a chance to turn things around.
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:16 am

dawson99 wrote:

Question to Selma, when are you gonna give it a break ffs

Great news with the new owners, and im liking what they're saying.

IF we dont start doing better they will make the changes, dont worry about that. But they are also decent human beings who will give the current manager a chance to turn things around.

:nod  exactly
maypaxvobiscum

Postby mgabby » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 am

Predictions are hard to make, especially for the future... but as a long
time Red Sox fan, I'll try to look at what Henry and co. done with
the BoSox since 2002, and figure out what can LFC fans expect:
The order is random, as I think about more things...

1. Anfield / New stadium - Fenway is one of the oldest ballparks in America.
Still, they decided to renovate it, and not build a new one. Fenway capacity
is about 37,000 (with a difference between day and night games). One of
the smallest in the MLB. It is sold out since 2004, and tickets are sold on
ebay / stubhub 2 or 3 times it's face value. So no doubt Sox could sell
much more tickets for every game. They are adding more seats every year,
in any possible place - but still keeping the "old" looks of the park, and I got to
admit it looks great! I love going to Fenway.
If the stick to Anfield they might try and check if it is possible to add more seats.
Maybe building another level to it? If they go on a new stadium it will be a first
class one. And I am sure they will know how to keep the tredition of Anfield,
in the new one. Things like having a "kop", bringing some of the old seats from Anfield,
maybe even pieces of the grass...

2. Ticket prices - Will go up, but in a smart way. They will build first class VIP boxes,
and try to add as much as possible expensive seats (like the green monster seats in
Fenway), but might not change the price of regular seats, or hike it in a very modest
way. That way, average ticket price go up, yet cheapest ticket for the average fan is the same.

3. Go global - The Sox bought Daisuke Matsuzaka (yep, from Japan) for about 101 million
Dollars (including 51 million to the Japanease club for the right to speak to him), for 5 years.
Believe it or not, people in Japan started to follow the Red Sox! They watch games in the
middle of the night (when Dice-K is pitching, every 5th game), and they buy merchandise...
In the Sox store across fenway you can find shirts in English, Hebrew (big jewish comunity
in Boston), and Japanease... You can order Sushi now at fenway, not only Clam Chowder :-)
So my guess, Liverpool will try to expend to global markets. Don't be surprised to see
a Japaneas player... A LFC kit sold in Osaka is a kit sold!

4. Buying players - Well, they will buy players. They are not affraid of buying the top possible
players. No more N'gog as the top signing... BoSox are active in the free agent market
every year, aiming at the top players (Lacky was the top pitcher available last year, and
was signed). But they are also reasonable spenders. They will not offer Chelsea 100 million
for drogba. And if someone offers 100 million for Torres - he is gone. They will learn the
market and buy/sell players in reasonable prices. And yes, they know that a top player
has it's costs... BoSox payroll is second only to the evil empire from NY.

5. The goals - The goal is winning. Period. The BoSox were a team that won nothing
since 1918 (yep, 86 years curse) untill the dream year at 2004. We won again at 2007.
The goal in Liverpool will be to win the premier league. No one will celebrate a second
place in the new ownership. Oh, and as the global expension, Champions league will
be a top priority too.

6. The Fans - John Henry is very loved be the Sox fans, and I think he likes it. He
listens to the fans (I think this is why he kept the good old Fenway...) so I guess
he will do the same in Liverpool. Anfield? New Stadium? - he will listen to the fans!

Well, that's my 2 cents for now...
Go 'pool!
Go Sox!
mgabby

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:41 am

Heard that SOS are meeting the new owners tomorrow i think.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:43 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Heard that SOS are meeting the new owners tomorrow i think.

any news about what? Just stability, where we going, money and stadium?

These new owners do have the talk thats for sure, they still need to walk the walk though
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:47 am

dawson99 wrote:

These new owners do have the talk thats for sure, they still need to walk the walk though

Agreed daws. They have to earn our trust mate .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:52 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

but we can put the yanks out banners away (not burn them yet)

I got a good feeling, think they'll do whats best for the fans but they will be ruthless when they need to be.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:45 am

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

but we can put the yanks out banners away (not burn them yet)

I got a good feeling, think they'll do whats best for the fans but they will be ruthless when they need to be.

As long as there honest daws and respectful . That's all i'm after.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:28 pm

The owners have backed Hodgson ahead of the Derby game. wonder if they are clued-up enuff, as yet. to know it's time he was relievd of his duty ...

BTW I'm really pleased this lot are our 'owners' - have belief in them !
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion