NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopite25 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:54 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Reg wrote:Carlos Slim the Mexican is a closet LFC supporter.... someone talk me through that one slowly....

he owns a share in New York Times, and they are part of the NESV consortium buying us.

He's actually trying to buy the New York Times group outright i believe which in turn would give him a vested interest in us.

Also read on another forum somewhere that the 17 investors that make up NESV have a combined wealth in the region of £11billion  :O
Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9349/kkwt.jpg
Kopite25

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Kopite25 wrote:in fact below is the 1st post from that thread from one of the mod's

Well, we've all had a great laugh at Tom Hicks and his "militant organised internet terrorism" jibe but it seems that it's not only Tom who has noticed the efforts that all the lads behind SaveLFC and the various campaigns on here have put in. It seems that John W. Henry was also watching, and thanks to a combination of SmithdownAndy's guile, cheek  and charm, this morning we got a surprise invite to have an informal chat with the new owner. Three of us went down; Andy, Ray (Shanklyboy) and myself.

I think the most important thing to take from the meeting is the fact that he invited us at all. It shows where he is as a man, he wants to listen, he wants to know what we think, he wants to do all this away from the glare of the media. We spent about an hour chatting to him about what Liverpool means to us and what we want from him. We have no revelations about his plans for the club because that's not his style, no big promises of spades in the ground, just an admission that there is a big job to do and that he's still learning.  I think that all three of us left quietly impressed by his style and his commitment to learn and do things the right way.

There will be a full press release on savelfc.org later today.

Anyway, he has opened a channel of communication, so lets see if we can use it. If you had one question that you could ask our new owner, what would it be?

Good to see him interacting with the fans so soon.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Free interview from Lfctv  with the man himself ..... conducts himself well I think (my apologies if its already been posted )

John Henry
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Kopite25 wrote:There are lots of rumours floating around in financial & legal circles at present that he is the guy behind NESV in this takeover.

Now I unlike Lakes don't claim to have friends in these circles lol but the more I read about NESV and this take over the more the backing of a wealthy family keeps popping up!!!

rumour, rumour, rumour.....
have a few more beers and come up with another one or three !  :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kopite25 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:57 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Kopite25 wrote:There are lots of rumours floating around in financial & legal circles at present that he is the guy behind NESV in this takeover.

Now I unlike Lakes don't claim to have friends in these circles lol but the more I read about NESV and this take over the more the backing of a wealthy family keeps popping up!!!

rumour, rumour, rumour.....
have a few more beers and come up with another one or three !  :D

just saying what i've read elsewhere, of course like SSN i check everything i post with multiple sources before putting it into the public domain lol

I've read it on numerous articles so mentioned it without thinking or checking but i'm sure you've never posted anything without agonising over the detail 1st  :rasp  lol
Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9349/kkwt.jpg
Kopite25

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Madmax wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:This is a good basis for a new thread about the owners, with the existing Takeover Thread edging ever closer to retirement.  A fresh start calls for a fresh thread, I say. :nod

yes i agree bobby!  :nod  With the new takeover we might aswel have new mods here aswel.

:no

I will not negotiate with internet terrorists and will file for injunctions in Canadian court against any who would try to oust the current moderators.  This epic swindle will not be tolerated.  :talktothehand
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Madmax wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:This is a good basis for a new thread about the owners, with the existing Takeover Thread edging ever closer to retirement.  A fresh start calls for a fresh thread, I say. :nod

yes i agree bobby!  :nod  With the new takeover we might aswel have new mods here aswel.

:no

I will not negotiate with internet terrorists and will file for injunctions in Canadian court against any who would try to oust the current moderators.  This epic swindle will not be tolerated.  :talktothehand

but this website isnt based in Canada   :oops:  :rasp
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tonyeh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Hmmm, I'm glad those two terrible W*nkers are finally gone.

But, I'm the only one on here that has the feeling that we're just trading like for like? Getting rid of American moneybags with no real passion for the club and getting in...American moneybags with no real passion for the club?
tonyeh

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:34 pm

tonyeh wrote:Hmmm, I'm glad those two terrible W*nkers are finally gone.

But, I'm the only one on here that has the feeling that we're just trading like for like? Getting rid of American moneybags with no real passion for the club and getting in...American moneybags with no real passion for the club?

How many owners in the PL are die hard fans of the club. Well none of the top four anyway. For me it makes no difference as long as they deliver their promises.

The passion and allegiance to the club will come with time and success.

I'm a cautious but also optimistic, the remainder of this season will be key. What money will be available in January? When will a decision be made about the future of Anfield?

I actually don't think it is massively important that large funds are made available in the January transfer window, the window itself is a poor time to do a decent deal. I would prefer a war chest in the summer.

The emphasis now is on the team and manager to deliver results, especially as there is no owners excuse to hide behind.

Is CL unachievable? I hope not, because it will be key to retain our BIG players and attract talent.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:but this website isnt based in Canada   :oops:  :rasp

Don't matter.  Grabbo will have to pry the "warn" button from my cold, dead hand.  :;):

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Thomas Werner Interview

First of all Thomas, what was it that attracted NESV to Liverpool Football Club?

I think that Liverpool is one of the great clubs in all of sport, it's history, it's tradition, it's fans - in some ways it's similar to the fans of the Boston Red Sox in that they're loyal, they're passionate and it's our good fortune to be stewards and we hope that we will take care of this extraordinary club and provide it with the resources and the commitment to win in the near future and hopefully restore some of its lustre.

How relieved are you that the events of the past few days are over and that we can look forward?

I think it's been a very interesting rollercoaster but now our focus is on stabilising the club. We've been with the players this morning and the manager and we introduced ourselves, told them that we're here to be supportive, to be constructive and we have a great history in Boston of providing the resources to win and we expect to do the same.

How special was it to visit Melwood?

Well we actually have been at Melwood before, we came here under the radar about four or six weeks ago, but it's always a pleasure to be around players because, after all, they are the heart and soul of the club and if we can give a message to our fans it is that we're going to be very supportive and we're going to listen. We look forward to spending the next few days here talking to various stakeholders and telling them about a little bit our track record and how we're going to go about our business.

How confident are you that you'll be able to translate the success you've had in Boston into English football and lead Liverpool to success?

I think one message I'd like to give is I'd rather under promise and over deliver. But if you look at our track record in Boston - and the Boston Red Sox have some similarities with Liverpool - we came into a situation where the club had not won actually for 86 years and we hope to win much faster than that. It's an honour to be here, we're humbled by this and we just want to tell our fans that we're going to listen to them, we're on their side and finally it's about winning on the pitch.

There has been such an overwhelming reaction of joy among Liverpool fans since this deal went through - how does that make you feel?

We are quietly confident but we would like to say to our fans that we are honest, we care, we're focused, we have brought great management into Boston and we look forward to doing whatever we can to strengthen the club. We can't wait to see everybody at Anfield.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:55 pm

They visited the stadium today and met some fans, remarkable they've got more engaged with the fans then H&G have done in the past 3 years.
Tim LFC

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Tim LFC wrote:They visited the stadium today and met some fans, remarkable they've got more engaged with the fans then H&G have done in the past 3 years.

FREE VIDEO
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Question to John Henry when are you getting shut of our current manager and bringing a better one in?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Answer

When he is given until at least Xmas to prove his worth

Only fair  :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion