MAXI RODRIGUEZ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:36 pm

This guy is almost the forgotten man given everything that's happened in the last few days.

However he becomes a more important player all of a sudden with Meireles' departure and I expect to see him featuring more prominently. As I was explaining yesterday, in the system we play I think he performs the role Mereiles does equally as adequately if not better, certainly in terms of end product anyway.

Amazing really when you consider that he's yet another one who was on the brink of being shipped out. Really pleased that he wasn't now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Reg wrote:Personally I think he'd be mad to leave now.

Not really
He is a fringe player who had a good end of season. He never looked comfortable or passionate enough for me and I say adios and buena suerte amigo

Im glad hes stayed now
:blush:
Thommo's perm

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Pops up with the goods again.

Has a knack of getting on the scoresheet and his general awareness with Suarez is encouraging.

Is their a case for playing him upfront with Suarez? I know they are both small, but even with Downing in the team, we are not really getting bundles of crosses in.

His trickery and finishing is a big big plus for me.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:18 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Pops up with the goods again.

Has a knack of getting on the scoresheet and his general awareness with Suarez is encouraging.

Is their a case for playing him upfront with Suarez? I know they are both small, but even with Downing in the team, we are not really getting bundles of crosses in.

His trickery and finishing is a big big plus for me.

Gotta agree with you redsi, maxi has been a revelation since Kenny came back. In fact he was one of the main performers even under H*dgs*n! I would love to see us play 4-3-3 with maxi, suarez and bellamy upfront.

The mouth waters....
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Shame not many people on this forum would agree. But I have been a fan of Maxi since day one. Revitalised by the King.

With Lucas injured Maxi can hopefully stake a claim as a regular starter. Him & Bellamy work effective & this proves in both Chelsea matches in the last month.
mramo

Postby only me » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:31 pm

mramo wrote:Shame not many people on this forum would agree. But I have been a fan of Maxi since day one. Revitalised by the King.

With Lucas injured Maxi can hopefully stake a claim as a regular starter. Him & Bellamy work effective & this proves in both Chelsea matches in the last month.

Other then scoring 2 easy goals how can you describe Maxi Performance as "Revitalised"?

I mean Yes some would say that the bottom line is what that counts and that scoring is everything ,but is that really true? I mean you can't deny that other then scoring he is none existant on the pitch ,he doesn't create chances for his mates ,he loses the ball very quickly ,his pace has decreased significalty ,i mean for me he has almost no effect on the course of play. (A part from the Odd goal here and their).

Can you compare him to Bellami? or Carrol? (which also scored a couple of goals).

Sorry not enough for me.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby sully0182 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 am

Anyone else think that maxi should play on saturday?? He's surely a better choice than henderson or downing, and his goals to starts ratio is incredible really. I know he drifted out of the game the last night but if he got two goals tomorrow i wouldn't care if they were his only touches. If only for the guys positioning sense to nick a goal I would start him ahead of the other two, I am actually surprised this thread wasn't near the top of the forum, had to go to the third page to find it...

His stats compared to downing speak for themself, I'd be embarrassed to see them compared to hendersons...

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3920/fea ... rused-maxi
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby roberto green » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:43 am

sully0182 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 am wrote:Anyone else think that maxi should play on saturday?? He's surely a better choice than henderson or downing, and his goals to starts ratio is incredible really. I know he drifted out of the game the last night but if he got two goals tomorrow i wouldn't care if they were his only touches. If only for the guys positioning sense to nick a goal I would start him ahead of the other two, I am actually surprised this thread wasn't near the top of the forum, had to go to the third page to find it...

His stats compared to downing speak for themself, I'd be embarrassed to see them compared to hendersons...

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3920/fea ... rused-maxi

Yeah agree, I would start with him, Bellamy and Suarez in a 3 man attack, their pace and movement would cause Everton all kinds of problems
roberto green

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Expected to be announced soon Maxi Rodriguez returning to Newell's Old Boys in Argentina .

Sorry no link ,just sadly a cast iron rumour doing the rounds with a vengeance .

Gutted to see him leave ,I thought he would have been useful to Rodgers given his ability on the ball .

Good Luck Maxi .....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:29 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:14 pm wrote:Expected to be announced soon Maxi Rodriguez returning to Newell's Old Boys in Argentina .

Sorry no link ,just sadly a cast iron rumour doing the rounds with a vengeance .

Gutted to see him leave ,I thought he would have been useful to Rodgers given his ability on the ball .

Good Luck Maxi .....

That's a huge shame, totally agree mate

Thought he was under used big time last season.
His link up with Luis is great as well.

But like Dirk he probably wants more playing time.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm wrote:

Agreed, I think maxi was a casualty of Dalglish's determination to integrate the new lads .

Its now official mate

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1216349-liverpool-fc-winger-maxi-rodriguez-set-for-argentina-return.html?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Apparently he's just been on twitter saying he hasn't left  Liverpool
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:16 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:37 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm wrote:

Agreed, I think maxi was a casualty of Dalglish's determination to integrate the new lads .

Its now official mate

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1216349-liverpool-fc-winger-maxi-rodriguez-set-for-argentina-return.html?

His goals to game ratio was brilliant as well i bet.

Anyone got the stats ?

I will wish him luck but think it would have been better to keep both him and Dirk  :(
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 pm

i hope maxi decides to stay at least another year, he`s only 31 and wont turn 32 until half way through next season.
we have got a lot of games to play next season and i think rodgers philosophy will suit his game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Maxi Rodriguez has dismissed reports he has left Liverpool following rumours he had joined Newell's Old Boys in his native Argentina.

The attack-minded midfielder was expected to leave Liverpool at the end of this season after making just 21 appearances, largely as a substitute, in the 2011/12 campaign.

Maxi has 12 months left on his contract, but appeared to wave goodbye to fans when he made his most recent Anfield appearance in the thrashing of Chelsea at the beginning of May.

After he was spotted in Rosario, it has been reported he had agreed a move to Newell's, but he insist this is not the case.

Fans' favourite Maxi told Ole newspaper: "I do not know where these things come from. I have one year left on my contract at Liverpool and did not talk to anybody."

The departure of former boss Kenny Dalglish and following appointment of Brendan Rodgers has given all fringe players at Liverpool a fresh chance.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion