Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:04 pm

C'mon man, anyone seriously believe we will get any fee for him besides getting his wages of the books??
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Some comments from James Pearce of Liverpool Echo in tonight's edition...

Balotelli would walk away from training at the earliest opportunity

Balotelli was found smoking inside the grounds of Melwood

During a bonding exercise Balotelli claimed not to know who Allen was - despite having shared a dressing room with him for months

It would be wrong to say Balotelli was unpopular in the squad. At times he put a smile on his team-mates’ faces with his antics

Full article... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ew-9935471
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:03 am

What a first class idiot. Lets just hope we can minimise the loss.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:33 am

C-R » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:32 pm wrote:Some comments from James Pearce of Liverpool Echo in tonight's edition...

Balotelli would walk away from training at the earliest opportunity

Balotelli was found smoking inside the grounds of Melwood

During a bonding exercise Balotelli claimed not to know who Allen was - despite having shared a dressing room with him for months

It would be wrong to say Balotelli was unpopular in the squad. At times he put a smile on his team-mates’ faces with his antics

Full article... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ew-9935471

Did we really need the Echo's and Pearce's hatchet job  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:37 am

devaney » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:35 pm wrote:Lee me old mucker it's about as likely to happen as me getting my leg over Candice Swanepoel but we can live in hope  :laugh:

I'm just absolutely fkg delighted that I won't have to see the imature clown poncing around Formby on a very silly looking electric scooter !!!

ok ok I'm just trying to shine a positive onto it, we still own him so lets hope. I also had to google Candice Swanepoel but I'm glad I did.  :hearts
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:01 am

Some fans will express frustration at the money wasted on Balotelli and rightly so, especially when news broke this week he was leaving on loan with us paying a large portion of his wages.

I therefore am not surprised that news also is leaked into the public domain this week in the echo (via the club no doubt) essentially explaining why we let Balotelli leave for nothing. Clearly this is the club trying to justify taking the financial hit. I see it as that rather than a 'hatchet job' on Balotelli. If all that is true then I have no problem with them printing it.

It was a gamble that didn't pay off. Hopefully he has a good season and someone pays a fee for him next summer. We move on.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:06 am

JC_81 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 am wrote:Some fans will express frustration at the money wasted on Balotelli and rightly so, especially when news broke this week he was leaving on loan with us paying a large portion of his wages.

I therefore am not surprised that news also is leaked into the public domain this week in the echo (via the club no doubt) essentially explaining why we let Balotelli leave for nothing. Clearly this is the club trying to justify taking the financial hit. I see it as that rather than a 'hatchet job' on Balotelli. If all that is true then I have no problem with them printing it.

It was a gamble that didn't pay off. Hopefully he has a good season and someone pays a fee for him next summer. We move on.

Exactly this  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:16 am

Shock horror another Slander piece by Rodgers little bum boy James Pearce. Next week in the Echo 'Ballotelli shagged Rodgers ex Missus leading to their divorce' According to James Pearce absolutely nothing is Brendan Rodgers fault and the sun shines out his backside.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:02 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:37 pm wrote:
devaney » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:35 pm wrote:Lee me old mucker it's about as likely to happen as me getting my leg over Candice Swanepoel but we can live in hope  :laugh:

I'm just absolutely fkg delighted that I won't have to see the imature clown poncing around Formby on a very silly looking electric scooter !!!

ok ok I'm just trying to shine a positive onto it, we still own him so lets hope. I also had to google Candice Swanepoel but I'm glad I did.  :hearts

I had to google 'getting my leg over...'    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Personally I don't see the need for these negative articles in the local press, just loan him out and leave it at that.
At the end of the day he is still our player and at some point we are going to have to try and recoup as much of our original £16m fee as we possibly can so in that respect articles like this are totally counterproductive.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:29 pm wrote:Personally I don't see the need for these negative articles in the local press, just loan him out and leave it at that.
At the end of the day he is still our player and at some point we are going to have to try and recoup as much of our original £16m fee as we possibly can so in that respect articles like this are totally counterproductive.

Agreed 100% at the end of the day we haven't even sold the guy! hes still on our books so how is posting trash like this gonna help with his resale value?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:29 pm wrote:Personally I don't see the need for these negative articles in the local press, just loan him out and leave it at that.

Agreed 100% at the end of the day we haven't even sold the guy! hes still on our books so how is posting trash like this gonna help with his resale value?

Yeah I have to say I'm a bit surprised the Echo decided to run a story like that, that type of training ground tittle tattle is normally something that you'd expect to hear down the boozer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:06 pm

In this age of full information, transparency, social media and fans demanding to know everything that's going on then explanations are needed. We can't say we need info some of the time and not all the time, that's the way footies gone.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:15 pm

I personally found it only a smidgeon less sickening than his 'We should all get behind the manager' piece ,also slightly confusing as the managers piece is permanently wedged in this avid fanboy's mouth. I personally think the article should have been titled 'I swallow it all ,which would explain in lurid detail why James Brendan Rodger Pearce never goes anywhere without kneepads.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Reg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:06 pm wrote:In this age of full information, transparency, social media and fans demanding to know everything that's going on then explanations are needed. We can't say we need info some of the time and not all the time, that's the way footies gone.

Hmm I'm not so sure Reg, if that openness was right across the board and there was no attempt to spin stories or control the narrative then I'd say yes fair enough, but over the last 12 months in particular there have been a lot of stories leaked to the press and I just get the sense that internal club politics has a lot to do with it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion