Man for man - How do we rate?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:44 pm

GYBS wrote:well the wenger untouchables proved themselves worthy of the tag going a whole season undefeated and they were and have been one of the best teams around for a fair number of years . The current manc team while good is overrated but we have slipped up when we have had chances to overhaul them this year

i dont understand the whole 'overrated' theory everyone seems to be coming up with atm...

if they end up winning everything... (let's face it they'r clear favourites for the league and already wrapped up the carling cup, world club champ.. already a treble) and still in with a shout for the FA cup and Champs league... if they end the season with 5 trophies (community shield is nonsense but 6 if included)...

would you still say that they'r overrated ?

put it in a different way... if they end up winning everything they competed for, how could they possibly be overrated ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rorschach26 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 am

.......................Reina.......................

Boswinger.....Vidic.....Carragher......Evra

...............Alonso.........Essien.............

Ronaldo...........Gerrard............Rooney

.....................Torres......................

that would honestly be my starting 11

so its Liverpool 5
Bum Boys 4
& rent boys 2
Rorschach26

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:11 am

aCe' wrote:
GYBS wrote:well the wenger untouchables proved themselves worthy of the tag going a whole season undefeated and they were and have been one of the best teams around for a fair number of years . The current manc team while good is overrated but we have slipped up when we have had chances to overhaul them this year

i dont understand the whole 'overrated' theory everyone seems to be coming up with atm...

if they end up winning everything... (let's face it they'r clear favourites for the league and already wrapped up the carling cup, world club champ.. already a treble) and still in with a shout for the FA cup and Champs league... if they end the season with 5 trophies (community shield is nonsense but 6 if included)...

put it in a different way... if they end up winning everything they competed for, how could they possibly be overrated ?

When it comes to calls of them being the greatest team ever and all that then yes i do think that sort of statement makes them overrated. They won the World club whatever thingy - nothing to cry home about - won CC which is a decent trophy - had a nice easy run in the FA Cup and have been unconvincing in the CL . When it comes to the league they have had a good run which helped them get past us but and its a big but they wouldnt be up there if we hadnt of thrown away points left right and centre so yes i dont think they are as good as what the media and pundits etc rate them .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 am

GYBS wrote:
aCe' wrote:

When it comes to calls of them being the greatest team ever and all that then yes i do think that sort of statement makes them overrated. They won the World club whatever thingy - nothing to cry home about - won CC which is a decent trophy - had a nice easy run in the FA Cup and have been unconvincing in the CL . When it comes to the league they have had a good run which helped them get past us but and its a big but they wouldnt be up there if we hadnt of thrown away points left right and centre so yes i dont think they are as good as what the media and pundits etc rate them .

sorry mate but thats a pile of rubbish right there... if they end up successfully defending their champs league and english league titles, and then add to that 4 more trophies, all in one season....they'll have to go down as one of the greatest sides in world club history... in my books atleast...

you might get lucky in a few games, maybe a cup final or a semi... but to win 6 trophies(if they do)... takes a little more than that...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Yes succesful team but still not the greatest and in that respect i think they are overrated . I remember for a while people where saying that if we won the league this season it wouldnt be that big of an achievement as it would be seen as liverpool winning a poor league ? is it not the same for the mancs then ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm

It is a poor league and they are overrated and thats whats so frustrating because if wed have won instead of drawing those games then wed have won the title.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:43 am

Fulham beat them 2-0
We beat Villa 5-0
Told you they were overrated
:D
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Basically Ive got two words to say about united tonight.

One begins with f and the other begins with o....
Found Out!
The media hype and gushing statements about how fantastic united are has been seen to be a load of baloney. Their biggest so called stars went missing (again)
The media should now stop going on about how talented the biggest showpony in football at the minute is: Christiano "Lip-gloss" Ronaldo. Waste of space and too interested in where the camera is. Ferdinand is another imposter who was totally to blame for the two goals.
Rooney, park, vidic etc etc. Over-rated the lot of them. Berbatov? £30 million?
Ryan Giggs, player of the year? Yeah right dont make me laugh.
At last they met a real team and were mauled by barcas midfield.
Liverpool or Chelsea would have at least give them a game and showed a bit of passion and went down fighting. Woeful just woefully embarrassing
Im absolutely gutted about the match tonight. Gutted because I wish Liverpool would have got man utd in the semis so we could have played barca in the final. Having spanked the mancs home and away we would have given them another hiding which would have got us through to another final
One thing you could have bet your life on is that we would have played barca with passion and commitment and come away with yet another european cup.
Flying the white flag will be the legacy and the lasting memory of the man united players after that non-performance tonight
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Thu May 28, 2009 12:25 am

Sir Roger wrote:Basically Ive got two words to say about united tonight.

Found Out!
The media hype and gushing statements about how fantastic united are has been seen to be a load of baloney. Their biggest so called stars went missing (again)
The media should now stop going on about how talented the biggest showpony in football at the minute is: Christiano "Lip-gloss" Ronaldo. Waste of space and too interested in where the camera is. Ferdinand is another imposter who was totally to blame for the two goals.
Liverpool or Chelsea would have at least give them a game and showed a bit of passion and went down fighting. Woeful just woefully embarrassing
Im absolutely gutted about the match tonight. Gutted because I wish Liverpool would have got man utd in the semis so we could have played barca in the final. Having spanked the mancs home and away we would have given them another hiding which would have got us through to another final
One thing you could have bet your life on is that we would have played barca with passion and commitment and come away with yet another european cup.
Flying the white flag will be the legacy and the lasting memory of the man united players after that non-performance tonight

Whatever your feelings about the Mancs there is no shame in losing to that Barca team , when they click they are fantasy football, you still cannot take away the fact that their lot reached the CL final 2 years straight regardless of who they played. 75% of posters on here thought Arsenal would do them in the semis yet they coasted through. Out tonight I heard fellow LFC supporters acting like mouthy tw@ts, pretty much in the same manner as Manc fans and It aint something I wanna see again. I was glad to see Barca win, against the grain of most of the posts on this thread I DO think the Mancs are overrated (in that when teams decide to not tow the "oh my god its MANUTD" line and  put up some kind of fight against them they struggle) but I wanna see fellow supporters singing about our achievements not baiting their lot when they lose,  thats what the bitters do to us for Christ sake! The only time we should be basking in glory is when we've achieved something that warrants it! Sorry for the rant but if thats what our fans are reduced to after what to me has been a massive season, where we've shown that we have their number, then the last thing I wanna see is some WUM wearing the colours jumping in the middle of their support acting like a goddamn kid simply becasue they didnt win the European Cup
burjennio

Postby Sir Roger » Thu May 28, 2009 12:41 am

burjennio wrote:

Found Out!

Whatever your feelings about the Mancs there is no shame in losing to that Barca team , when they click they are fantasy football, you still cannot take away the fact that their lot reached the CL final 2 years straight regardless of who they played. 75% of posters on here thought Arsenal would do them in the semis yet they coasted through. Out tonight I heard fellow LFC supporters acting like mouthy tw@ts, pretty much in the same manner as Manc fans and It aint something I wanna see again. I was glad to see Barca win, against the grain of most of the posts on this thread I DO think the Mancs are overrated (in that when teams decide to not tow the "oh my god its MANUTD" line and  put up some kind of fight against them they struggle) but I wanna see fellow supporters singing about our achievements not baiting their lot when they lose,  thats what the bitters do to us for Christ sake! The only time we should be basking in glory is when we've achieved something that warrants it! Sorry for the rant but if thats what our fans are reduced to after what to me has been a massive season, where we've shown that we have their number, then the last thing I wanna see is some WUM wearing the colours jumping in the middle of their support acting like a goddamn kid simply becasue they didnt win the European Cup

The shame is not losing to a good team. Its the manner in which they did it. I have said and maintained they are over-rated and I stand by it. They were predictable in their play because thats how they play against teams that go at them and dont allow them to dictate. Like us.
I can understand your annoyance with Reds acting like mouthy tw@ts. I had many texts from lads who were annoying me to be honest. I am simply pointing out that the facts spoke for themselves tonight. All those like Oliver Holt in the mirror, who I usually like, who said with glee and joy that ronaldo would wipe the floor with barcas defence, were proved to be nothing more than gullible fans of the united spin machine. People who have swallowed the media myth that these bunch of over-hyped celebs are deserving of the title "Champoions of Europe" when clearly they are not.
Like I said, the mancs were found out
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu May 28, 2009 1:26 am

burjennio wrote:

Found Out!

Liverpool fans have always delighted in  Manc defeats, in sometimes equal measure to a Liverpool victory ,and vice versa ,and as a Scouser I can honestly say hand on heart that their pain is food for the soul to me .

I think the best thing about tonight is the fact United decided to choose this particular game ,in all of its importance to play their worst game of the season ,Barcelona's defence was brittle to say the least ,but the Mancs were inept ...

Tonight was Television Heaven and I make no apology for lapping up every minute of pure  comedy gold ..... :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu May 28, 2009 8:04 am

For all their success, for all their wins, they have been lucky not to be "found out" before, or at least they have been but got away with it

1999 - were outplayed by Bayern, they reckon we were lucky in 2005, but we played better than they did for longer against a side that made us pay early on.

2008 - dire rubbish, won on penalties

2009 - outclassed and finally got what they deserved.

In any of those three finals were they the better side? Not on your nelly. We lost in 2007 having been the better side. Did I hear ITV say that fergie now sees the league and European Cup double is his new minimum standard? If that came from the horse's @ss's mouth then that really takes his arrogance to a new level. I'm waiting for manc suggestions that UEFA got the final they wanted, and the winners they wanted, and that there was a conspiracy against them
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Thu May 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Owzat wrote:For all their success, for all their wins, they have been lucky not to be "found out" before, or at least they have been but got away with it

1999 - were outplayed by Bayern, they reckon we were lucky in 2005, but we played better than they did for longer against a side that made us pay early on.

2008 - dire rubbish, won on penalties

2009 - outclassed and finally got what they deserved.

In any of those three finals were they the better side? Not on your nelly. We lost in 2007 having been the better side. Did I hear ITV say that fergie now sees the league and European Cup double is his new minimum standard? If that came from the horse's @ss's mouth then that really takes his arrogance to a new level. I'm waiting for manc suggestions that UEFA got the final they wanted, and the winners they wanted, and that there was a conspiracy against them

That last part hits the nail on the head for me. The arrogance is breathtaking. It flows from purple nose down. This superior, "how dare you disrespect us by beating us" way they have about them. They may have won trophies but certainly not many friends along the years. Fergusons demeanour and spiteful childishness holds no bounds and he personifies what theyre about to me. Though all my years of watching Liverpool I can honestly say hand on heart that Ive never seen arrogance from any team or manager representing LFC. Confidence-yes, belief-yes, arrogance-no. Thats why it was so good that we humiliated them and now Barca have done the same.
Its been said he showed humility by admitting the best team won. I believe he had no choice because they really were that bad. Lets hope other teams saw them for what they are last night: posing, preening imposters who wither under pressure.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu May 28, 2009 5:40 pm

I genuinly think and hope that this might be where Manure start to crumble, that was NOT a team playing last night, it was a collection of overpaid individuals and I think a large reason for that is the fact that Ronaldo and Tevez are off in the summer.
Rooney had the worst game I have ever seen him play and did Berbatov even break a sweat, why does he still get to pull on the jersey, he is fecking terrible, they really got mugged by Tottenham over that signing.  :D  :D

If I was a Manure supporter, and thank feck I'm not, I would be so furious at that display last night because there was no passion. If I was a Barca supporter I would feel like I'd stolen the cup as there is no way in hell they should have been in that final, Chelsea had them beaten, by at last 2 penalties, bar their one shot on goal!
heimdall

Postby Sir Roger » Thu May 28, 2009 6:04 pm

heimdall wrote:I genuinly think and hope that this might be where Manure start to crumble, that was NOT a team playing last night, it was a collection of overpaid individuals and I think a large reason for that is the fact that Ronaldo and Tevez are off in the summer.
Rooney had the worst game I have ever seen him play and did Berbatov even break a sweat, why does he still get to pull on the jersey, he is fecking terrible, they really got mugged by Tottenham over that signing.  :D  :D

If I was a Manure supporter, and thank feck I'm not, I would be so furious at that display last night because there was no passion. If I was a Barca supporter I would feel like I'd stolen the cup as there is no way in hell they should have been in that final, Chelsea had them beaten, by at last 2 penalties, bar their one shot on goal!

Ha
Berbatov and £30 mill in the same breath!
Yet another of Fergusons "great signings"
Anyone got the rest of his insipired tranfers?

By the way Torres has signed until 2013 according to SSN
:D
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion