Essien over Masch and carrick
Ronaldo over Malouda and riera
Giggs over mikel and Benny

torres over drogba and berbetov
Rooney over kuyt and Ballack

I thought this was a poem Mikz :)
It's good though!

ace almost looks like a man utd fan :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:55 pm

s@int wrote:Reina      Van der sar      Cech   very close all three great goalkeepers
Arbeloa    Neville            Bosingwa  I just went for him because he cost a lot
Aurelio     Evra             Cole  close between Evra and Cole
Agger      Vidic             Terry  close between all three when fit
Carra       Ferdinand      Carvaliho   Ferdinand and Carvaliho are different class unfortunately
Riera       Ronaldo        Malouda  Ronaldo by a mile
Alonso      Carrick              Essien Essien by a mile
Masch  Anderson           Mikel   
Gerrard  Scholes            Lampard   would have been closer but for age catching up with Scholes
Kuyt            Rooney      Ballack  both different class to Kuyt
Torres  Berbatov           Drogba  Torres who else

Firstly - I can't agree on the keeper stance, Reina finished with the most clean sheets two seasons running prior to this year.

Secondly - The defender comparisons are wrong. Carragher should not be grouped with Ferdinand and Terry, he is the exact opposite.

The groupings should be - Carragher, Vidic, Carvalho and Agger/Skrtel, Ferdinand, Terry
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:57 pm

s@int wrote:You don't get many penalty shootouts in the league Bob  :D

How about just penalties then?  :D

As I say, it's close between all 3 and, in those situations, tie goes to the Liverpool player, naturally.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:10 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
s@int wrote:Reina      Van der sar      Cech   very close all three great goalkeepers
Arbeloa    Neville            Bosingwa  I just went for him because he cost a lot
Carra       Ferdinand      Carvaliho   Ferdinand and Carvaliho are different class unfortunately
Gerrard  Scholes            Lampard   would have been closer but for age catching up with Scholes

Firstly - I can't agree on the keeper stance, Reina finished with the most clean sheets two seasons running prior to this year.

Secondly - The defender comparisons are wrong. Carragher should not be grouped with Ferdinand and Terry, he is the exact opposite.

The groupings should be - Carragher, Vidic, Carvalho and Agger/Skrtel, Ferdinand, Terry

We all have our own opinions mate. That was mine. Setting up how three teams that play different formations and styles should be set out is never going to be easy, or agreed by everyone.
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:06 pm

Sir Roger wrote:If you put the other teams best eleven against them man for man who would come out on top?

Our best XI a) doesn't always get picked, b) usually performs better on paper than on the pitch and c) it's about a league campaign, who would "come out on top" is Man Utd 07/08 & 06/07, Chelsea 05/06 & 04/05 and Arsenal 03/04. We regularly finish third or fourth, how people on here rate the players is really not too relevant.

But S@int, who should replace Rafa, has a post I may respond to for a bit of fun.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:06 pm

Reina

Bosingwa      Carvalho    Rio        Evra

Essein

Gerrard         Scholes           Ronaldo

Rooney       Torres
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Pepe

Boswinga
Carvahlo
Vidic
Evra

Gerrard
Essien
Alonso

Ronaldo
Torres
Rooney
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Interesting.

GK - Cech has been vulnerable of late, at fault for our first Torres goal in the recent game. I'd say it's too close to call

RB - not sure Neville is the mancs 1st choice RB any more, isn't it that Raffles fella? Bo Selecta might be the pick, definitely wouldn't back Arbeloa who doesn't offer enough going forward and is prone to defensive lapses

LB - Evra comfortably. Cashley is over-rated, yet another making a mistake against us.

CB - would have thought Skrtel AND Hyypia were ahead of Agger, I'd pick Vidic although as a pair I'd go with Terry and Vidic which isn't possible by your either/or s. I could make a case for druggie and Vidic as they play together, but I think Vidic carries druggie

After that I'm not overly happy with your formation/options. I'd have Ronaldo definitely, with Gerrard and Essien. Not so sure about the LM/RM (depending on where Ronaldo plays in this XI)

CF - Torres and Berbatov would make a good pairing in my view, hard to leave out Rooney and Tevez so I could make a case for a 4-1-2-3 with Essien sat in front of the back four, Ronaldo and Gerrard attacking behind a front three of Berbatov, Torres and Rooney

Owzat Combined XI

GK Reina (Liverpool)
RB Rafael (Man Utd)
LB Evra (Man Utd)
CB Terry (Chelsea)
CB Vidic (Man Utd)
DM Essien (Chelsea)
RAM Gerrard (Liverpool)
LAM Ronaldo (Man Utd)
RWF Berbatov (Man Utd)
LWF Rooney (Man Utd)
CF Torres (Liverpool)

Bit harsh on Chelsea, but you could pick an entirely different XI from the three sides and include more Chelsea players. That said, the league isn't decided thus and it doesn't reflect how close choices were. The only worry would be the lack of defensive contributions from everyone below Gerrard in the listed XI. You could almost drop Berbatov, play Ronaldo LWF and put fat frank or someone else in a more balanced or defensive role
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:25 pm

so basically everyone (except GYBS) thinks we have a maximum of 3 better players and wouldnt pick the rest? 

fking sad
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Extremely interesting and worthwhile effort
Thanks for your input people

It does rather go off the point I was trying to make, although it is fascinating to see peoples best eleven from the top three teams

I was asking how people thought my best eleven compared man for man with the others, in that are my players really so far behind their equivalents in the other teams?
For example is Arbeloa as good as his counterparts? If not how much is he behind them etc.

I feel that realistically our players are not really that far behind in ability, if at all, with the exception of one or two.
The point being that if there is not such a gap, why are they playing the way they are and not fulfilling their true potential?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Lee J wrote:so basically everyone (except GYBS) thinks we have a maximum of 3 better players and wouldnt pick the rest? 

fking sad

Well, the really sad thing is that despite everyone knowing this
can't stop being :censored: that Rafa isn't handing them the title on a platter.

No matter if the club is run down the hill like Leeds, it won't stop some supporters of demanding the league title.
Just because you were once great doesn't mean
you have a right to demand nothing less no matter how long time ago that was... :no

Liverpool mangers job description should be:

"Miracle workers only who has 1/3 of the resources as your rivals" Did we forgot to menation you have to deal with boardroom turmoil all the time. League title is a must!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Penguins wrote:
Lee J wrote:so basically everyone (except GYBS) thinks we have a maximum of 3 better players and wouldnt pick the rest? 

fking sad

can't stop being :censored: that Rafa isn't handing them the title on a platter.

No matter if the club is run down the hill like Leeds, it won't stop some supporters of demanding the league title.
you have a right to demand nothing less no matter how long time ago that was... :no

"Miracle workers only who has 1/3 of the resources as your rivals" Did we forgot to menation you have to deal with boardroom turmoil all the time. League title is a must!

kiss my ar$e
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Lee J wrote:
Penguins wrote:

fking sad

kiss my ar$e

I think he was on your side mate? Read it again  :D
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:14 pm

he was lee - read it a bit more carefully .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:23 pm

GK: Reina

LB: Evra
RB: Bosingwa
CB: Carragher
CB: Carvahlo

LM: Ronaldo
RM: Gerrard
CM: Alonso
CM: Mascherano