MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:05 pm

If Sakho keeps performing well for Palace in their last few fixtures atleast his price tag will increase.
He will be 100% gone and he knows it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:10 pm

He could do us a real favor and help Palace beat both Manchester clubs, all would be forgiven in that case ( in regards to the silly handshake anyway).
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:16 pm

redshade » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:05 pm wrote:If Sakho keeps performing well for Palace in their last few fixtures atleast his price tag will increase.
He will be 100% gone and he knows it.

We want £27m according to Radio 5
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:38 pm

He's just gone off on a stretcher with a bad injury, the game was stopped for about 5 minutes while they put all the splints and straps etc on him, he fell awkwardly, his knee got trapped under him then it buckled, looks like his ACL has gone.  :no
He won't be going anywhere for a good while, in fact he'll probably be back here at his parent club before the end of the week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Klopp will welcome him back with party poopers and a man love hug. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:54 am

It looked a nasty one so hopefully it isn't the ACL as feared. It isn't nice to see any lad suffer an injury like that.
The Echo is also saying if it is the ACL that he will be out for 9 months and if we cannot sell him then it will impact the summer transfer plans. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... t-12951403
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Be back at Anfield for treatment and rehabilitation on full wage.

One player shouldnt screw a club like Liverpools transfer plans but it will and this is why I get frustrated with FSG.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Our transfer plans shouldn't hinge on wether Sakho leaves or not.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 pm

If it's his ACL, Klopp should insist that the doctor do a Benteke style handshake with Sakho as he delivers the news.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:09 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 pm wrote:If it's his ACL, Klopp should insist that the doctor do a Benteke style handshake with Sakho as he delivers the news.

That post cracked me up :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:36 pm

According to the Independent he hasn't torn his knee and could play again before the season is out.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 07231.html
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Yup so looks like we will make some money out of Sakho after all.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cday79 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:17 am

I don't want Sakho to leave, and I can't understand why any fan of the club would advocate for his departure, either.  He's the closest thing to a world class defender they've got, and is still the best defender at the club, IYAM.  I want him back in the heart of the defence, where he belongs.  I have to say, this entire Sakho situation has got me beyond angry - and the person I'm most angry with is Klopp.  It's disgraceful the way he's treated Sakho IMO. 

I've no doubt much of Klopp's antipathy towards Sakho stems from that drugs ban - a ban we now know was unjust and unfair.  I know there was that Alcatraz incident too, but you work it out, and you at least give him the chance to prove/redeem himself.  What you don't do, is act like a massive child, by washing your hands of and then ostracising the best defender at your disposal - especially if it's to the detriment of the team - and especially not, if you've got nobody on the same level to replace him with.  Look at the impact he's had on Palace since he's been there, and listen to all the pundits who watch the Palace games on Soccer Saturday, singing his praises, and questioning why Liverpool got rid.  It boggles the mind why Klopp wants nothing to do with him.  That shambles of a defence has been crying out for Sakho's presence on so many occasions this season, but Klopp is apparently so pig-headed, he'd rather play Lucas in defence instead.  Mind you we've seen evidence of Klopp's pig-headedness this season, such as keeping Karius in goal - and costing the team points, and not buying a left back.

As far as I'm concerned, Klopp needs to swallow his pride, come to his senses and put Sakho back in next season, because he ain't going to get anyone in that's as good and certainly not better, because world class defenders don't come to Liverpool.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Klopp, and I know the club is lucky to have him, but I think he's played this Sakho situation all wrong, and no matter how much I like him, it's something I can't back him on.  Mamadou Sakho should've been helping Liverpool get back into the Champion's League, not helping to keep Crystal f*cking Palace in the Premier League.
Cday79
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Cday79 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:17 am wrote:I don't want Sakho to leave, and I can't understand why any fan of the club would advocate for his departure, either.  He's the closest thing to a world class defender they've got, and is still the best defender at the club, IYAM.  I want him back in the heart of the defence, where he belongs.  I have to say, this entire Sakho situation has got me beyond angry - and the person I'm most angry with is Klopp.  It's disgraceful the way he's treated Sakho IMO. 

I've no doubt much of Klopp's antipathy towards Sakho stems from that drugs ban - a ban we now know was unjust and unfair.  I know there was that Alcatraz incident too, but you work it out, and you at least give him the chance to prove/redeem himself.  What you don't do, is act like a massive child, by washing your hands of and then ostracising the best defender at your disposal - especially if it's to the detriment of the team - and especially not, if you've got nobody on the same level to replace him with.  Look at the impact he's had on Palace since he's been there, and listen to all the pundits who watch the Palace games on Soccer Saturday, singing his praises, and questioning why Liverpool got rid.  It boggles the mind why Klopp wants nothing to do with him.  That shambles of a defence has been crying out for Sakho's presence on so many occasions this season, but Klopp is apparently so pig-headed, he'd rather play Lucas in defence instead.  Mind you we've seen evidence of Klopp's pig-headedness this season, such as keeping Karius in goal - and costing the team points, and not buying a left back.

As far as I'm concerned, Klopp needs to swallow his pride, come to his senses and put Sakho back in next season, because he ain't going to get anyone in that's as good and certainly not better, because world class defenders don't come to Liverpool.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Klopp, and I know the club is lucky to have him, but I think he's played this Sakho situation all wrong, and no matter how much I like him, it's something I can't back him on.  Mamadou Sakho should've been helping Liverpool get back into the Champion's League, not helping to keep Crystal f*cking Palace in the Premier League.

Freudian slip, or just (in your words ) so beyond angry with Klopp you forgot to mention you're  a Manc  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cday79 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:22 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 pm wrote:
Cday79 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:17 am wrote:I don't want Sakho to leave, and I can't understand why any fan of the club would advocate for his departure, either.  He's the closest thing to a world class defender they've got, and is still the best defender at the club, IYAM.  I want him back in the heart of the defence, where he belongs.  I have to say, this entire Sakho situation has got me beyond angry - and the person I'm most angry with is Klopp.  It's disgraceful the way he's treated Sakho IMO. 

Freudian slip, or just (in your words ) so beyond angry with Klopp you forgot to mention you're  a Manc  ???

I didn't want to use the words "the club" twice in succession, that's all.  Definitely NOT a Manc. :no
Cday79
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion