LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Every time hes on the team sheet I think ive dropped off my time line into the past.

If ever a player had a charmed life at a football club its Lucas, a run of poor games and he will put his cap and glasses on and trot off to the club shop to get everyone back on side again.

Bit like Sakho doing community work  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:20 pm

He's decent, but is the ONLY defensive midfielder in the team and has been for YEARS. Allen isn't a DM and neither is Henderson or Can. You can add Gerrard to that list too....Bodger's was oblivious to DM during his 3 years here and that played a huge part in our awful defensive record.

I'm all for Lucas staying, but signing another DM is a must.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:15 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:20 am wrote:He's decent, but is the ONLY defensive midfielder in the team and has been for YEARS. Allen isn't a DM and neither is Henderson or Can. You can add Gerrard to that list too....Bodger's was oblivious to DM during his 3 years here and that played a huge part in our awful defensive record.

I'm all for Lucas staying, but signing another DM is a must.

Yep, 100%

He will be a great depth DM to have for cup games and substitute appearances. I thought his time would diminish and I think it will when Hendo comes back but for now he is doing his job very well.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:31 am

A real shame for Lucas and us that he is out for up to 6 weeks with injury, just when he was coming into some really good form
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:05 am

He hurt it with that " inside-out" penalty he took. I had the same hip injury once and it took a while to heal. Even after it affected how I changed direction and affected my play more than other injuries, took me a while to be 100%. I would say the best time to get that injury is at the tail end of the season as he will have more time to get back on form. It is the kind of injury that makes a player look very average if not fully healed.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:16 am

You'd imagine fatigue must have played a role in that injury too
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:16 pm

From a defensive aspect whether that be at DM or CB its a huge loss ,we've lost a player that can read the game intelligently.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 10, 2016 7:36 am

WOW!!

So Lucas wins player of the year award, hmm, something doesn't seem quite right, voted for by ex Liverpool legends  :no

How must players like Emre Can, Phil Coutinho, Dejan Lovren etc... feel  :Oo:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 10, 2016 10:18 am

WOW indeed !

The fella's had a good season but our player of the year ?????? really   ???

As you indicate there must be a fair few wondering what they have to do to get that accolade.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue May 10, 2016 10:24 am

Well lets look at it this way:

Most influential team player results wise this season? - Coutinho
Most dependable in his position? Milner? Sakho?
Influence on the training ground? Don't know but I hear again that Milner is a dynamo.

What other criteria are there?

Seems I would have given it to Milner.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue May 10, 2016 12:45 pm

I'd rather see his stats before I'd say he did not deserve it. Tackles made, pass percentage, minutes played etc as he does some unseen work ( as do others) so it would be fairer to see the full picture. Many on here never liked him but I thought he was always a true professional and dependable. Has his weaknesses but so do all the others but overall he has been consistent this year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:18 pm

Player of the year, where they are on the booze when the vote was cast? hes not even a first team regular
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Can't find anything about this on the web...

I would understand why LFC legends would vote for him though. Many of you may not agree, but Lucas is, by far, the most intelligent player we have at the moment. One of the most dependable players we have as well, can always count on him to do the dirty work in both midfield and defence.

Performance wise however, for this season, it would be unfair to the likes of Can, Sakho, Coutinho, Lovren, Milner etc if he got the award.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 10, 2016 4:31 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 10, 2016 5:33 pm

Duly merited ,as Damjan has stated he's the player most adept at reading the game ,and he's proven himself to be the most intelligent even when he's been shifted to CB.
Sadly still so underrated that posters are left scratching their respective heads that he should even be considered let alone be the recipient of this award.  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion