Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Lose to chelsea - yes or no?

I'd rather we lose to Chelsea and deny the mancs
63%
I'd rather we beat Chelsea and do the mancs a favour
38%

Total votes : 72

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Shanks would never throw a game. ANY game....

F*ck them. Liverpool come first every time. No matter the consequence.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I'm sure our reputation would be more than tainted if we played a weak game just to ensure we lost and our reputation as fans would be bitter with us more worried about the mancs not winning the title as opposed to us winning a game . We are Liverpool Football Club our reputation is about fairness as well and playing the game in the spirit it is intended to be played , we never ever want our own team to loose no matter what and don't care about other teams .

Its lose not loose.

And i can see both sides to this.
Its horrible to have to even contemplate wanting Chelsea to beat us in our last home game of the season.
But it is likely a nothing game for us - Rafa made sure of that when he took Torres off away at Birmingham for me.
So given the choice of us losing one game and stopping united overtaking our league title record and creating a new one for most titles in a row then i would reluctantly accept defeat.

Hypocrite ,you ben mate . You'll quite happily slag the manger off for taking Torres off at Birmingham ,because in your opinion he was saving him for europe . Yet you are willingly advocateing the manger to tell the players to lets say, not give it the bifters against chelsea.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:29 pm

I dont get how that was hypocritical  ???

I wanted him to leave Torres on as we could have qualified for the champions league.
We now have an outside chance to say the very least.
With this in mind -and the fact that Rafa imo gave it up long ago.
I would reluctantly accept defeat and the chance to stop the others creating history.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:29 pm

NO
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm

red37 wrote:Shanks would never throw a game. ANY game....

Spot on one hundred per cent
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I'm sure our reputation would be more than tainted if we played a weak game just to ensure we lost and our reputation as fans would be bitter with us more worried about the mancs not winning the title as opposed to us winning a game . We are Liverpool Football Club our reputation is about fairness as well and playing the game in the spirit it is intended to be played , we never ever want our own team to loose no matter what and don't care about other teams .

Its lose not loose.

And i can see both sides to this.
Its horrible to have to even contemplate wanting Chelsea to beat us in our last home game of the season.
But it is likely a nothing game for us - Rafa made sure of that when he took Torres off away at Birmingham for me.
So given the choice of us losing one game and stopping united overtaking our league title record and creating a new one for most titles in a row then i would reluctantly accept defeat.

Hypocrite ,you ben mate . You'll quite happily slag the manger off for taking Torres off at Birmingham ,because in your opinion he was saving him for europe . Yet you are willingly advocateing the manger to tell the players to lets say, not give it the bifters against chelsea.

To be fair mate, IF Torres had stayed on and IF we had beaten Birmingham, many of our views on this game would be completely different. A reasonable chance of CL football as against a very very slim chance, and I might be hoping we beat Chelsea.   

As it stands Rafa made the decision to take Torres off, we didn't beat Birmingham, so its just a case of actions and consequences to me now.

BTW Shanks wouldn't have given up against Birmingham either.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
red37 wrote:Shanks would never throw a game. ANY game....

Spot on one hundred per cent

I concur
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 pm

I didn't vote as neither option reflects my opinion on this one.  I definitely would not wish to lose any match but nor am I comfortable with the suggestion that we are willing to do the Mancs a favour by winning (we most certainly are not).  My vote would have gone to the option that says that we put out a decent side, do the best we can to win the match and see where the chips happen to fall.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 pm

tricky one if you give it a minute's thought.

the idea of us 'throwing' a game is abhorrent to me, whatever is at stake, and neither will i completely give up on the chance of 4th until it is mathematically impossible. i'm as loathe as anyone to see the mancs lifting number 19, but it won't be because of this game that they do it (if they do). it will be because of years of mismanagement and underachievement throughout the club - them being good enough and us plainly not. they will win number 19 sooner or later, as will we - but the sad fact we have to face up to is that they will probably do it before us. fúck 'em anyway.

as far as the options go, my feelings aren't summed up by either of them. i want to beat chelsea but i would never see it as doing the mancs a favour.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 pm

a draw would suck!
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Could off put a tenner on a few digs at rafa being made not long into the thread
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Could off put a tenner on a few digs at rafa being made not long into the thread

You wouldnt have got feck all back though  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Could off put a tenner on a few digs at rafa being made not long into the thread

Hardly surprising considering he is the one that has got us into this mess.
account deleted by request

Postby red_guy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Don't want both... losing and giving the mancs the title
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:The Mancs are going to overtake us one day, it's just delaying the inevitable. I want us to go out there and win the game, or at least try to. If we lose I dont want to think we've 'thrown it' just for the sake of stopping the Mancs

Major defeatism! Thank :censored: we didnt have you on the beaches. We'd be German now.

The Mancs have hoared too many titles with their murdoch and fa lie in.

I for one dont want them overtaking us, to say its inevitable? What if we get the new owners? That
McTaggert retires and they lose the continuity that we did when kenny left?

Its 3 meaningless points ffs, i hope chelsea win and we'll show the arrogant, classless cockneys what class is all about. We'll clap them off the pitch.

this club is remarkable, it has great traditons, but, we can not let that mob de-throne us of being the  MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB IN ENGLAND.

New owners, and we will take our top of the perch again. The red pheonix, Mctaggert will wilt away at some scabby stable in scotland. The rat will hopefully get poisoned!

RED FOR LIFE, BUT NOT FOR SUNDAY!

Can you imagine the chants from that shower of mongs? I aint gonna put up with it! Id rather go to jail for smackin one of that mob! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

well as optimistic as you are do you honestly see us winning the title before they do?

I for one certainly do not and to be honest even the most hardened of Liverpool fans would agree with me

Don't talk to me about being defeatist pal - you seem to WANT to lose
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion