Loan watch - Season long updates

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby username » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Bottom of the table Scunthorpe are 2-0 up against 3rd place Stoke.

Hobbs scored the 2nd
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I think that having Guthrie for free could be valuable to keep at the club because it could allow us the luxury to sell Alonso. They are different types of players with Guthrie fitting more into the Lucas and Gerrard mold.  But he is 20 years old (21 in April) and has already proven that he can play in the prem and has shown that he belongs out there I don't see why he couldn't be used as cover at CM in the 4th slot behind Gerrard, Mascherano and Lucas.  If its true that the two big Spanish clubs are interested in Xabi, it might make sense to deal him and reinvest the money in a wide player

I think you're right about his style of play being more akin to Lucas', but if I'm being honest I don't think he's good enough to play for us. I think he's on the Bolton, 'Boro, Birmingham level. Even if he'd only be a backup player for us, I think you need at least four centre mid's who can play to a high enough standard. It's the most demanding area of the team.
LFC2007

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:56 pm

Ressie team against the Mancs:
. Dean Bouzanis
2. Stephen Darby (Captain)
3. Emiliano Insua
4. Mikel San Jose Dominguez
5. Daniel Agger
6. Damien Plessis
7. Ryan Flynn
8. Jay Spearing
9. Krisztian Nemeth
10. Xabi Alonso
11. Harry Kewell

Substitutes:

12. Martin Skrtel
13. Peter Gulacsi
14. Gerardo Bruna
15. Martin Kelly
16. Jordy Brouwer

Been hard for me to judge the keepers this year, not a whole lot of work for anybody, plus nobody has looked like the next reina, it seem that folks at melwood are clearly keen on Bouzanis, while there was once hope for Martin Hansen who looked good last year, he had only been able to get the ocasional game in the u 18 side, and looked well out of place in his summer friendly apperance with the 1st team. Interesting that Bouzanis was picked over david martin and itandje despite the fact that its against the mancs and that we picked other first teamers.

I also have no idea what kind of formation we are going to play. (pretty obvious about the back four but from there its a mystery, here is my crack at it:
                                 Bouzanis
  Darby         San Jose                 agger       Insua
                    PLessis               ALonso
Flynn                                                        Kewell
                                   Spearing
                                  Nemeth
Flynn is capable of playing on the left, which could move kewell in front of the strikers, but spearing would be just as out of position out wide right. Another posibility would be to switch spearing and alonso, but that doesn't seem to make much sense to be either.  Why are we only playing with one striker in a ressie match?!?!?!?  The most glaring sub that I can see would be to sub spearing out for Bruna, that lineup would make some sense, but i would never want to take spearing off. maybe he has more quality and creativity than I think, he did score against the mancs in the first ressie match up. It would be pretty crazy for someone to go from centre half captain of the youth cup champs to second striker for the reserves against the mancs and playing well.
JoeTerp

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Maybe they will line up in the same way as the first team have in the last two games. That would be with a back four then with Plessis and Alonso filling the positions of Mascherno and Lucas, Kewell on the left with Spearing in Gerrards position sort of on the right but moving centrally when he wants, Flynn supporting Nemeth but moving to the right and filling in when Spearing has drifted inside.

Spearing was a centre half in the youth cup final and has played there alot but he has been gradually pushed further and further forward for the reserves and has scored some decent goals from centre midfield.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:53 pm

great engine on spearing, but really do feel that he will lack that edge of qualilty to break into the first team, but that is not a slight on him as with masha gerrard and lucas in front of you anyone would struggle imho

insua will be a first team player next season as back up or a replacement to fabio who is settling into the team again like he did before his injury , jar will be down the road for a decent fee,

pacheco to me is a nailed on cert to be a great player for lfc as at 16 he has loads of time on the ball skill and a great eye for goal, he looked completely at home at reserve level if not a bit to good for it, he will need a bit of bulk to deal with the rough and tumble but there was feck all of owen when he burst on to the prem

pressi looks a good player but will struggle the same as spearing to dislodge one of the current midfield but carling cup and early fa cup next year is not beyond him imho

and finally i would give nemeth some games now as he can't stop scoring for the reserves and what more do you need to do as a striker to get a crack

oh and jordi brouwer........... sean dundee lives and is still in the reserves
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:02 pm

Ace, I know that throughout the season spearing has been playing more and more forward. PLessis coming in on the last day of August was probably the best thing that ever happened to him because it forced him more forward, because the original plan was to turn him into the scouse Mascherano (which still isn't beyond him if thats what he wanted to do) I am just saying that Jay's progress is nothing short of improbable, and that he has added a lot to his offensive game, but if he is playing behind the striker I can see him getting a little bit lost out there and not dominating the game as he usually does, similar thing sometimes happens to stevie G when deployed in the same position.

Flynn is a bit more creative that Jay, but he also has more experience outwide, he played some centrally at youth level, but had been out wide mostly for the reserves until spearing had that knock and was out for 1.5 games
JoeTerp

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:22 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Ace, I know that throughout the season spearing has been playing more and more forward. PLessis coming in on the last day of August was probably the best thing that ever happened to him because it forced him more forward, because the original plan was to turn him into the scouse Mascherano (which still isn't beyond him if thats what he wanted to do) I am just saying that Jay's progress is nothing short of improbable, and that he has added a lot to his offensive game, but if he is playing behind the striker I can see him getting a little bit lost out there and not dominating the game as he usually does, similar thing sometimes happens to stevie G when deployed in the same position.

Flynn is a bit more creative that Jay, but he also has more experience outwide, he played some centrally at youth level, but had been out wide mostly for the reserves until spearing had that knock and was out for 1.5 games

You could be right mate, but after watching the first half think i called the formation right  :;):
It appears that Ablett with the reserves is doing similar things with formations etc.
Which can only be good thing for if and when they manage to break into the first team.

Alonso looked VERY sharp first half for anyone who hasnt been watching.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:30 pm

Great first half

How olds Bouzanis Joe? has he turned 17 yet coz hes another i have high hopes of....2 be in the reserves at that age especially GK says alot about the lads potential i think

whys pachecho been left out? :(  ohwell hope Bruna gets a shout lata on
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 pm

RedBlood wrote:Great first half

How olds Bouzanis Joe? has he turned 17 yet coz hes another i have high hopes of....2 be in the reserves at that age especially GK says alot about the lads potential i think

whys pachecho been left out? :(  ohwell hope Bruna gets a shout lata on

Dean turned 17 on Oct. 2

don't know why pacheco was left out, probably because of all the first teamers in the squad, I am disapointed that Bruna did not come on especially because Jordy did and he sucks
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:22 pm

how did our loaned players do this weekend im in mexic so its hard enough getting info on the first team nevermind players loaned out

any updates would be welcome :)
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:17 pm

What happened to Adam Hammill? People were raving on about him being the next big thing but he hasn’t even been able to make an impact in the Championship.

Out of all the players out on loan, the only one that has even a remote chance of becoming a regular member of the first squad is Jack Hobbs. The rest are just average players who will leave in the next couple of years.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:01 pm

I too am very dissapointed with Hammill's lack of impact in the Championship this season, but he is a regular starter and he just turned 20, and hopefully a season of competitive games will bode well for his future, I think he now has the experience and quality to be a fringe man for the squad. Somebody who isn't in the regular rotation, but could be on the subs bench if we suffered some short term injuries to wide players.

Same applies to Paul Anderson who started out making a big impact at Swansea but has cooled down of late.  One thing that helps both of them is that they would both do well on the wings of a 4-2-3-1 since they both have pace (more so Anderson), dribbling quality (more so Hammill),  decent crossers (need work) and both have a keen eye for goal.  There is also a lack of talent  out wide in the ressies right now, so I can see both of them staying on for cover next season (but I could also see both of them leaving)

Anyway, here is my Reserve team aproach to the 4231 which seems to be the theme of the day:
                            Martin
  Darby      Hobbs               San Jose*     Insua
                Plessis               Spearing
      Anderson          Guthrie          Hammill
                            Nemeth
* don't really know who is better between San Jose, Ayala (haven't seen enough), Huth, Antwi, or Roque (don't think its him though)

Also could play the midfield attacking three of      Amoo       Bruna       Simon

Eccleston could play in any of the attacking roles, Pourie could spell Nemeth, and I am not sure where Pacheco would fit in, as I think he is better for a 4-4-1-1,
JoeTerp

Postby username » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:10 pm

Anderson has only just came back from a hamstring problem last week and didnt play this weekend. Which is why theres been less of him
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:34 am

RAFA: NEMETH HAS BRIGHT FUTURE
Jimmy Rice 04 March 2008
Rafa Benitez has given Krisztian Nemeth a major boost ahead of tonight's reserve clash with Bolton by claiming the teenage striker could one day have a big impact on the Premier League.
The 19-year-old has six goals in six games for Gary Ablett's reserves, including a brace against Everton and a corker at Sunderland.

Nemeth's form hasn't escaped the attention of Benitez, who expects the Hungarian to knock on the first-team door in seasons to come.

The Spaniard said: "He is playing well. He is a player with game intelligence, with ability and someone who can score goals. He is a player we are keeping an eye on for the future.

"It is not easy with the strikers we have and the situation at the moment, but we know he is a good player who has the quality and talent we need.

"He must keep working. His is learning and working with the staff. I think he will be much better in time because he wants to learn."

Nemeth, who signed a three-year deal at Liverpool in the summer alongside countryman Andras Simon, is one of the main reasons the second-string currently sit six points clear of the FA Premier Reserve League North.

Several others have also stepped up to the plate this year, leading Benitez to claim the future is bright for the red half of Merseyside.

He said: "They are playing well, winning games and there's some good players. I always say the same: if you have good players and good staff it is easy."

Tonight's clash kicks-off at the Halliwell Jones Stadium in Warrington at 7pm GMT – and you won't miss a kick either online or on LFC TV.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:05 am

tonights lineup:
                         Gulacsi
Darby    San Jose         Agger    Insua
  Flynn    Spearing       Plessis     Putterill
            Brouwer          Nemeth
Subs: Bouzanis, Huth, Kelly, Bruna, and Crowther

Based on the fact that both Kelly (who can play CB or RB (preferred RB)) AND Huth (CB) are the subs bench I would think Agger is likely to come off at half time for Huth.  again I REALLY want to see Bruna subbed on for Jordy Bouwer as early as possible, and where the hell is Pacheco? ??? This is two ressie games in a row he isn't even on the bench!
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion