Liverpool vs sunderland, 2nd feb,  ko 17:15

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Dundalk wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:If you loved a club the way Gerrard loves Liverpool, you'd feel hurt, alls he is doing is expressing how every genuine Liverpool fan feels. He knows we're not going to win the league and it's disheartening him, along with the rest of the Liverpool following. And the reason we're not winning is it because of Benitez, so I'm all in favour of Gerrard telling the spanish cu.nt to fuc.k off because it's Benitez who is hurting this club along with the yanks, not Gerrard.

That IS bang out of order and I dont remember his love for the club being all that when he was on his way to Chelsea

Thats ok mate but no need to call him a Spanish cu.nt!! :D

FFS half our team is Spanish
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:27 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Why isn't everyone calling for Torres to be dropped, he's hardly banging in the goals of late is he? No of course we're not asking for him to be dropped because he, along with Reina, Carra AND Gerrard should be on the team sheet for every single game to give us half a chance of winning.

What's your point?

the point is people are calling for Gerrard's head, but why not Torres, when neither has exactly been firing on all fronts of late.

Gerrard should be dropped because of his attitude towards the manager, plus we have a lot of cover in that area.

Gerrard should be dropped 4 his attitude and we have cover? hmmmmmm are you seriously trying to tell me Alonso, Mascheranho or Lucas can do what Gerrard does?

You don't drop star players whatever happens, because he is 1 of very few players in the world who can make something out of nothing. Without him we struggle to put two passes together never mind win a game.

Lose the manager before Gerrard.

You cannot be serious, we've played very well a number of times this year without him in the team.  Right now I believe Gerrard is doing more harm than good by playing in the middle.   His lack of creativity and poor attitude is really hurting the team.

If you loved a club the way Gerrard loves Liverpool, you'd feel hurt, alls he is doing is expressing how every genuine Liverpool fan feels. He knows we're not going to win the league and it's disheartening him, along with the rest of the Liverpool following. And the reason we're not winning is it because of Benitez, so I'm all in favour of Gerrard telling the spanish cu.nt to fuc.k off because it's Benitez who is hurting this club along with the yanks, not Gerrard.

If Gerrard loves Liverpool so much, then why did he almost join Chelsea?  Why does he show disrespect for the manager that allowed him to play in the middle, when it's clearly not his best position? 

I feel sorry for Lucas who had to play wide because Gerrard didn't feel like playing there.  What kind of a captain does that?  I agree that Gerrard is a passionate guy but he should concentrate on motivating his teammates, that's what captains do.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Right, gotta hold me hands up, I went a bit far on Benitez, I do appologise for the term I used towards him, moment got the better of me.

But I still stand by the descision Gerrard took. He loves the club, no doubt about it, fair enough he nearly joined Chelsea, but he didn't. He stayed loyal to his boyhood side, for whatever reasons, he stayed. As for him refusing to play out wide, left hand side I might add because Benayoun was still on the right, would of taken 80% out of his game if he did move out there. And had it not been for Lucas on the left, Gerrard in the middle we wouldn't of had our best chance, where Lucas and Gerrard played a great one-two and Lucas had the shot.

Gerrard isn't the sort of captain who motivates, he leads by example. But anyone who needs motivating for playing for Liverpool Football Club, shouldn't be playing. The pride you should get from just putting on the shirt, should be motivation enough. Trying to live up to those legends of yesteryear should be motivation enough. And if it isn't, it's Benitez' job to motivate them.

Gerrard in the middle is where he should be, anyone who swaps him from there need seeing to in my eyes. He's the best in the world in that position.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 am

me thinks GBJH is a little...................right wing, shall we say

i love gerrard hes my hero but if hes there shakin his head at benitez refusin 2 do what hes told then he should be dropped & as the captain & one of us he has represented the club in the worse possible way by undermining Benitez......we all h8 the yanks & bang on about the liverpool way well thats not liverpool way either & i think he should be punished

but if its not the case & a misunderstanding i apologize
:D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:36 am

Maybe I am in favour of Gerrard because he's one of us. As a player I suppose he has to do as the manager says, but Gerrard WAS doing as he was told for the duration of the game before Lucas was introduced and we were hardly playing well, so maybe what we do is need is the players to take some responsibility on the pitch. That's what Roy Keane did on a regular basis while at United. I think players need to do what they feel is right at times, rather than what they're instructed to do. Carra hardly followed instructions by giving away the pen did he, shall me drop him :p
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby europian-kings » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:40 am

reina
finnan
carra
skretel
riise
pennant
gerrard
lucas
babel
torres
crouch

happy if i get 8/11 correct.

even with our current form i expect us to win this. but it wont be easy. i predict 2-0 but like saint said, ill settle for anything at the moment.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby holylamb2006 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:40 am

Well i think wat Gerrard did was out of order due to the fact he isnt the manager and he shouldnt disobey an instruction ....
My only problem with Gerrard is that he thinks he's bigger than the club so automatically thinks he can wat he wants wen he wants !!!

I hope we play something different today because wat we're playing isnt working !!

Reina   
Finnan     Skertel    Carragher    Arbeloa
            Lucas       Mascherano                     ( 4-3-3 )
Pennant         Gerrard            Riise
                    Torres               

I picked  a 4-3-3 because i cant think of anything better in our situation ...I picked Riise left wing instead of Kewell or Babel or Aurelio because i feel he has more threat in scoring and also would be better for defending and it was really close between babel as well ....
Kewell just lost his ability to play football so he was definatly a no and Aurelio is trebble as well !!

Actually come to think of it our left side has became a joke .. seriously Massive problems!!!

I think we need to overrun sunderland in the midfield today due to the lack of anything up front excld (torres)
thnk god its on tele and not on sme cRappy stream !!!

Basic football today will win a basic team !
holylamb2006

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:15 am

Ok i havent been able to sleep a wink this game is stressing me out i fear we are in a lose lose postion we win people say yeah u should win we lose and we are looking like a team that wont even get into uafa cup.

We have to win this and we have to win it with some style i fear and i dont want him to go that if we lose this game Rafa is gone.

Now dont get me wrong it would be totaly the wrong choice to sack him if we lose but i feel we will see what G&H has in store for us if we do lose.

Lets just hope we dont. :sniffle

Come on the reds hopefully 4-1 torres hat trick  :buttrock
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ribenaboy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:53 am

this is a must must win! no more resting our players!!
ribenaboy

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:01 am

The thing is Rafa could look at this game and think " well Everton beat them 7-1 and they are a small team, i will rest all my best players for the CL".....we could end up with  1-1 ot 0-0
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:29 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Gerrard isn't the sort of captain who motivates, he leads by example.

I agree...but Gerrard motivates by scoring goals in crucial moments....like the league cup final ....FA cup final.....Uefa cup final and the champions league final....

We shouldn't question gerrard....our trophy cabinet would have been lighter....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:32 am

lakes10 wrote:The thing is Rafa could look at this game and think " well Everton beat them 7-1 and they are a small team, i will rest all my best players for the CL".....we could end up with  1-1 ot 0-0

If he does that...then i have no doubt that he is just waiting to get the sack so as not collect his severance pay...  :angry:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:03 am

Well it's fairly obvious to me anyway, that while Sunderland are a poor team and we are much better regardless of who Rafa picks, they are going to arrive absolutely fighting for their ives and all three results are very much a possibility. I think if they can get any service whatsoever into Kenwyn Jones he will cause us all sorts of problems in the air (he would be probably the biggest header of a ball in the Premiership I would have thought) and we'll need to be on our mettle to cope.

Keane will know that the crowd will be nervous as kittens, confidence low and if they can start well, they have a chance. All that said, however low our confidence and morale have sunk I simply can't belive we won't beat these. I take Rafa to finally, eventually accept that perhaps Crouch is worth a go up top(and I've a hunch he'll rest Torres, he needs it) so i think he'll be paired with Kuyt. Kuyt won't score obviously, so I'm taking the big man to bag a brace in a hard fought 2-1 win, complete with nails been bitten down to the cuticles in the last ten minutes as they bombard our area and Kenwyn Jones wins everything.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_lass » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am

on paper this looks like a no brainer but in my head its another banana skin but in my heart i feel like we can win.

that said.. bring it!!
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:41 am

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
GREATEST BRITISH CLUB OF ALL TIME

:censored: PLAYERS SHOULD STEP FOOT ON THE FIELD  WITH THAT IN MIND   :angry:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion