Wba transfer raid - Do we want them?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO » Sun May 20, 2007 11:45 pm

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has set his sights on winger Giles Barnes - but is set for disappointment even if Derby fail to win promotion.

Barnes has been a shining light in the Rams' race for a Premiership place this season - but suffered a knee injury in April which ruled him out of the decisive run-in.

The 18-year-old was sorely missed by Billy Davies' troops, who saw Sunderland and Birmingham overtake them to win automatic promotion by finishing first and second respectively in the Championship table.

Davies' men ended the season in third place and beat Southampton in the play-off semi-finals to book a Wembley final with West Brom - who saw off arch rivals Wolves - on Monday, May 28.

Reds chief Benitez will be monitoring the outcome of the final as he is planning summer moves for Barnes and Albion centre-back Curtis Davies if either player are facing Championship football next season.

The Spaniard is facing heartache over his bid to land Barnes, though, as the Rams trainee has vowed to stay at Pride Park even if they miss out on a place in England's top flight this season.
ALONSO

Postby EddieC » Mon May 21, 2007 10:40 am

Source?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon May 21, 2007 10:56 am

I'd like to see this happen (as in go after Barnes)

How credible is the source though?
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DazH- » Mon May 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Dunno about that now I think we should be aiming higher up when it comes to signings TBH
DazH-

Postby Owzat » Mon May 21, 2007 2:05 pm

DazH- wrote:Dunno about that now I think we should be aiming higher up when it comes to signings TBH

Precisely. GH filled the squad with prospects, I don't want to see Rafa follow suit.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon May 21, 2007 3:37 pm

Owzat wrote:
DazH- wrote:Dunno about that now I think we should be aiming higher up when it comes to signings TBH

Precisely. GH filled the squad with prospects, I don't want to see Rafa follow suit.

Dont know ye know, the last Barnes we had on the wing wasnt to shabby, he came from a smaller club in England as well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Tue May 22, 2007 7:39 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Dont know ye know, the last Barnes we had on the wing wasnt to shabby, he came from a smaller club in England as well.

That's a good point...

What does everyone think about Kevin Phillips. He's been putting in some good performances but do you think its form or class that he's showing?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion