Liverpool Player Watch - Euro's & Close Season Internationals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Simply Red » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:47 am

Not sure if he is for sale anyway, but after watching the Holland France game, he would be top of my list if I had the money. :glare:

He may have lost some form, but his ability is up there with the best. I suppose it would be a slap in Chelsea's face if we were to buy him. :D
Simply Red

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:52 am

Who are you talking about Robben? We couldnt afford him anyway and I doubt he would even come to us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simply Red » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:04 am

After last nights performance, his value has increased.

We have two dutch players in our team. Babel and Kuyt. That might help him decide.

Any ideas on what his worth? How much did Real pay for him?
Last edited by Simply Red on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simply Red

Postby ken_job » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:44 am

That diving little sh*t should stay in spain where he belongs. I would be gutted if he signed for us.
ken_job

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:16 pm

TORRES!!!!!
SupitsJonF

Postby StevieL » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:41 pm

does anyone know what are torres's new boots? dont seem to be his normal white/gold t90's?
StevieL

Postby Perseo » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:01 pm

Perseo

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Nice first post Perso :cool:

Welcome!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:I scored a goal like the one Robben scored once. It wasnt from such a tight angle but it was still impressive lol

It reminded me of Marco Van Basten's goal against the USSR. Wasn't Robben's celebration just the greatest you've seen?
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby LFC_fan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:12 pm

It seems that Villa (not the club) has signaled his intent to join his spanish pals here at liverpool. If only we had 20mil to spare..
Good to hear that we are actually interested in Villa, even if its only rumors . But then again, if its against Chelski, we'll probably be out-priced and out-bidded.

-----------------------------

From SSN :

Villa admits Reds interest
Liverpool temptation for Spanish ace

The Valencia striker has lit up Euro 2008 with four goals in their opening two group games.

A host of clubs are tracking Villa with Liverpool and Chelsea reported to be heading the queue for the diminutive front-man.

Villa, who has linked up so well with current Reds star Fernando Torres for Spain, admits he would be tempted by the prospect of playing with him on a weekly basis.

"Liverpool and Chelsea are both big clubs with a lot of attraction," he told the News of the World.

Villa also admitted that Liverpool's Spanish coach Rafa Benitez could play a big role in attracting him as he tried to sign him earlier in his career.

"Liverpool have a Spanish coach and I also have a lot of friends there," he said.

"When Rafa was coach at Valencia and I was at Zaragoza there was contact about me joining Valencia but I couldn't arrive until the year after he left there."
LFC_fan

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:49 pm

LFC_fan wrote:It seems that Villa (not the club) has signaled his intent to join his spanish pals here at liverpool. If only we had 20mil to spare..
Good to hear that we are actually interested in Villa, even if its only rumors . But then again, if its against Chelski, we'll probably be out-priced and out-bidded.

-----------------------------

From SSN :

Villa admits Reds interest
Liverpool temptation for Spanish ace

The Valencia striker has lit up Euro 2008 with four goals in their opening two group games.

A host of clubs are tracking Villa with Liverpool and Chelsea reported to be heading the queue for the diminutive front-man.

Villa, who has linked up so well with current Reds star Fernando Torres for Spain, admits he would be tempted by the prospect of playing with him on a weekly basis.

"Liverpool and Chelsea are both big clubs with a lot of attraction," he told the News of the World.

Villa also admitted that Liverpool's Spanish coach Rafa Benitez could play a big role in attracting him as he tried to sign him earlier in his career.

"Liverpool have a Spanish coach and I also have a lot of friends there," he said.

"When Rafa was coach at Valencia and I was at Zaragoza there was contact about me joining Valencia but I couldn't arrive until the year after he left there."

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

these comments were made long time ago... I think it was at the same time he said if he went to the PL, arsenal's style of play would suit him the most or something along that line...

nice try...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:59 pm

SundanceKid wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Can't blame Torres tbh , he's on off their star players and he made villa's goal and was really playing well and the manager took him off for fabregas . He's been subbed in botht the friendly games at half time too , just hope it does not affect him when spain play sweden .

It's going to affect him. He's going to play better against Sweden, but if he still gets subbed at half time, it's going to damage him. In Premiership, he would never make that kind of assist. Torres would always take those chances and most likely convert. I think what upset him was that no one realized that. I felt bad for Nando after seeing his disappointment after walking off the pitch. I know Villa is also world class, but he was goals were gifted to him and were very simple.

I read somewhere that it took a while for Spain to get used to Torres as he made lots of minor mistakes a younger player would make. Unfortunately it looks like his Spanish football career is going to be in the shadows of Villa if he doesn't prove his superiority soon.

guess you were right mate , torres played well and got a goal . Brilliant finish from david villa too .

Kuyt another good game for the lad , got a goal , did well to get his head infront of the defender and scored . LFC players doing very well in the euro so far
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:01 pm

bavlondon wrote:I scored a goal like the one Robben scored once. It wasnt from such a tight angle but it was still impressive lol

was there a keeper? or was it against little league players aged 10 and under  :D , just kidding mate
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Dont forget that Argentina V Equador 10 past 10 tonight SS2
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:09 pm

nice sig of torres and villa ciggy , hope it comes true
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion