Liverpool Player Watch - Euro's & Close Season Internationals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:40 pm

from RAWK:

BREAKING NEWS:

Sky Sports News can exclusively reveal that Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has hired the services of Slovakian hitman Martin Skrtel to tackle the threat of Spain's latest hero David Villa.

The alarming move came after it appeared that during the Euro 2008 match between Spain and Russia, David Villa sprinted 40 yards towards Fernando Torres who had been substituted earlier in the game after Villa completed his marvellous hattrick. This was said to have angered Gerrard, who believes that Torres should be his bitch.

Martin Skrtel is known to be something of a Slovak monster, destroying anything that comes across his path with ease. Skrtel is also known to appear suddenly in any situation, which causes mass shock and death to anyone who is unlucky to suffer this terrifying ordeal.

The Gerrard-Torres relationship has been evident throughout Liverpool's Premier League and UEFA Champions League campaign, and the possible threat of David Villa will only lead to tensions on the pitch, adding to the pressure of manager Rafael Benitez, who is already having to fight his own battle with te club's American owners regarding funds available for major transfers.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:48 pm

:laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:55 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
metalhead wrote:I think Torres is still being rested because his injury.

I think Aragones was bored, perhaps also began to feel it was more like a friendly than a competitive match and wanted to give players a run out.

The subbing of a half-time sub by Russia was a bizarre move, taking off relatively fresh legs
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Goal by Quaresma.

Given even Pennant could of made that shot though  :D.
SupitsJonF

Postby Seano Kop » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 am

Kuyt was a bloody star against the World Champions. Rafa has rejuvinated his career.

Star Kuyt, Star!!
Seano Kop

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:38 pm

:laugh:@ red man in wales post

Kuyt played well especially wiht all the pressure on him taking robben , hunteelar and persie place in the 4-3-3 formation . Still 2 games to go for the dutch , they have to maintain their good performance and so does kuyt
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:23 pm

I can't remember any big match that Kuyt hasn't played well in. But ironically I can't remember him destroying weak Premiership clubs.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:25 am

Apparently, Nando had a bit of a run-in with Aragones.... and the manager isn't too pleased about it Must admit, I didn't notice the incident. Seems a bit out of character..... like many on here, I was surprised when he got subbed.

Players insist Torres incident is in the past - Soccernet

NEUSTIFT, Austria, June 12 (Reuters) - Fernando Torres's angry reaction after being substituted during Spain's 4-1 win over Russia will do nothing to undermine morale in the Spain camp, players said on Thursday.  Spain coach Luis Aragones went to shake Torres's hand after taking him off early in the second half of the Group D game in Innsbruck on Tuesday, but the striker ignored him as he walked off to be replaced by Cesc Fabregas.

'Why destroy everything we've done by worrying about a small detail,' defender Joan Capdevila told a news conference. 'It is past now and we have to look ahead. We need to look at positive things not the negative. If we start to worry about that we will be heading in the wrong direction.'

Aragones said on Wednesday he understood Torres's anger, but would not let the incident pass.  Centre-back Juanito was confident there would be no repetition of the affair.

'This always happens when a player is taken off and he feels he can give more on the pitch. It is a little detail but I'm sure it won't happen again. Fernando is a very important player for us and I'm sure he will do a lot for us in this tournament.'
ConnO'var

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:09 pm

Kuyt nice goal against France.  Good header  :D.

I don't think it's really out of character, it was a split second decision.  It was as he just got off the pitch, I bet after a few minutes he would of shaken his hand, but he's a young player trying to impress his country.
SupitsJonF

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Can't blame Torres tbh , he's on off their star players and he made villa's goal and was really playing well and the manager took him off for fabregas . He's been subbed in botht the friendly games at half time too , just hope it does not affect him when spain play sweden .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:05 am

Toffeehater wrote:Can't blame Torres tbh , he's on off their star players and he made villa's goal and was really playing well and the manager took him off for fabregas . He's been subbed in botht the friendly games at half time too , just hope it does not affect him when spain play sweden .

It's going to affect him. He's going to play better against Sweden, but if he still gets subbed at half time, it's going to damage him. In Premiership, he would never make that kind of assist. Torres would always take those chances and most likely convert. I think what upset him was that no one realized that. I felt bad for Nando after seeing his disappointment after walking off the pitch. I know Villa is also world class, but he was goals were gifted to him and were very simple.

I read somewhere that it took a while for Spain to get used to Torres as he made lots of minor mistakes a younger player would make. Unfortunately it looks like his Spanish football career is going to be in the shadows of Villa if he doesn't prove his superiority soon.
SundanceKid

Postby Owzat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:48 am

Toffeehater wrote:Can't blame Torres tbh , he's on off their star players and he made villa's goal and was really playing well and the manager took him off for fabregas . He's been subbed in botht the friendly games at half time too , just hope it does not affect him when spain play sweden .

Most players would be hacked off if taken off that early when playing ok or better. I don't mind too much if Aragon-t-es excludes Torres in future, no injuries while on duty for Spain.

I hope rumours Scolari has dumptrucks delivering transfer funds to him aren't true, and that he has his sights set on Torres. The mancs don't like having Madrid unsettle the diving portugeser, but truth is they and Chelsea are as bad if not worse. They allow any intentions of a transfer to be made public, unless they're tapping up of course, and then when Madrid do it they kick up a stink. Big clubs use the media and the media let them so they can fill their boots with the story.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simply Red » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:08 am

Euro 2008 is the Kuyt and Torres show.

Wouldnt mind if it was the Kuyt, Torres and Arjen Robben show.

He would be a great addition to the squad.

2 for the price of 1. He is a winger and a striker. :idea
Simply Red

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:10 am

Simply Red wrote:Euro 2008 is the Kuyt and Torres show.

Wouldnt mind if it was the Kuyt, Torres and Arjen Robben show.

He would be a great addition to the squad.

2 for the price of 1. He is a winger and a striker. :idea

I totally agree. He's the only Chelsea player that I've openly admitted to liking.

[As in I admitted this while he was playing for Chelsea. I'm aware he's in Madrid now :D]
SundanceKid

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:18 am

I scored a goal like the one Robben scored once. It wasnt from such a tight angle but it was still impressive lol
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion