Liverpool 2 - 0 juventus - What a goal by luis garcia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:24 am

Iceman69 wrote:i thought it was 2-1 ????

bad result really,

who said it ****** wasn't you pessimistic w@nker.  ???
Last edited by LFC #1 on Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:29 am

you die hard kopite nugget! if indeed you do go the game!

we stopped playing at half time! and they only have to win by one to go through!

Carson's fault
Iceman69

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:33 am

Carson made a mistake but qas generally good over the course of the game, and yes we weren't as good in the 2nd half, but that had to be expected as it was pretty hard to top that 1st half. Juve are one of the best teams in Europe and we beat them, and played them off the pitch in the first half. 2-0 would have been nice, but 2-1 is still a decent result IMO, it will be tough but we can go through.

keep the faith!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:18 am

ad result really, stavie quiet  all game, may have been thinking about defending the back four but, id have prefered a 1-0

Bad result? For once get your head out of your a$$ you "nugget". Bad result? How is it a bad result when 99.9 % of Europe had their bets placed on Juventus to win by two clear goals? I looked through predictions made by non-Liverpool fans on a UEFA forum and almost every single one of them said that Juventus would win.

How about the so called pundits? What did they predict? So how in the hell is a victory over one of the favourites to win the competion a bad result? Before this game Juventus only conceded two goals, and we scored two goals in one game. That's a ****** achievement especially when you compare our players to theirs.

Yes it was disapointing that we conceded a goal but we f#cking won a game that absolutely most people thought we would lose.

In case you didn't know Juventus haven't played in a week or so, they've had plenty of rest while our players came into the game after a physical match with Bolton, you could see that they were burned out.

Carson's at fault for the goal however why was the player who is a midget by the way to get a header like that? Yes Carson could had done a better job but he made some superb saves prior to that.

Once again bad result? I don't think so, Capello predicted a three nil victory for Juventus, quite confident, did you see the look on his face after his side was down two nil?

Yeah they got an away goal but a side with such quality shouldn't be looking for an away goal.

Like Scott said, keep the faith.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:20 am

Great result giving them patched up team Juve must of throught it would be a one sided affair given the way we played against Bolton,but our team seem to change gears in the champions league and move up a level than when they play in the premier league.We never let the settle in the first we played we a high tempo in the first half and it was asking alot to keep it up in the second half. Ive bein very critcally of Le tallec but fair play to him he ran himself into the ground and setup Luis garcia for the second. Juve were stunned to be 2-0 down at halftime and to be honest so was i but it was well deserved for the way we played stopping Juve from playing their game the crowd was a deciding fact aswell and the players played without no pressure on them to win walk on ........ :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:30 am

A.B. wrote:This is a wider picture and here you can see that these fans are Juventus "Ultras". I hope UEFA see this picture and grow some balls because they need to do the very best they can to protect our fans overthere and prevent any incidents that might occur because it does not look good for those who are going.

They are just a bunch of faggots!.. they probably had their Italian tanks waiting for them outside..you know the ones that have only 1 gear,,, and thats REVERSE!! gob sh1tes!! :laugh:  :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:47 am

Who gives a toss about a minority of saddos

Concentrate on the game and dignity shown by majority of fans beforehand
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:25 am

As long as we come out of the tunnel ready to play from the moment the ball is put in play, I think we'll be fine.  If we can get motivated then I can't see us not getting on the scoresheet, whcih greatly helps our cause.  IMO I thought we needed to cover them closer, so they couldnt get room to shoot, but generally we were superb on defense.  Overall I'm proud of our boys and I thought we gave it our all.  My only regret is that Xabi never came on at the end.  And yes I don't regret the goal because we hardly deserved a cleansheet today, but overall we outplayed them.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:52 am

A.B. wrote:
ad result really, stavie quiet  all game, may have been thinking about defending the back four but, id have prefered a 1-0

Bad result? For once get your head out of your a$$ you "nugget". Bad result? How is it a bad result when 99.9 % of Europe had their bets placed on Juventus to win by two clear goals? I looked through predictions made by non-Liverpool fans on a UEFA forum and almost every single one of them said that Juventus would win.

How about the so called pundits? What did they predict? So how in the hell is a victory over one of the favourites to win the competion a bad result? Before this game Juventus only conceded two goals, and we scored two goals in one game. That's a ****** achievement especially when you compare our players to theirs.

Yes it was disapointing that we conceded a goal but we f#cking won a game that absolutely most people thought we would lose.

In case you didn't know Juventus haven't played in a week or so, they've had plenty of rest while our players came into the game after a physical match with Bolton, you could see that they were burned out.

Carson's at fault for the goal however why was the player who is a midget by the way to get a header like that? Yes Carson could had done a better job but he made some superb saves prior to that.

Once again bad result? I don't think so, Capello predicted a three nil victory for Juventus, quite confident, did you see the look on his face after his side was down two nil?

Yeah they got an away goal but a side with such quality shouldn't be looking for an away goal.

Like Scott said, keep the faith.

well said AB.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:31 am

This si an excellent result given the absence of so many key players in our squad.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:21 am

L-type wrote:As long as we come out of the tunnel ready to play from the moment the ball is put in play, I think we'll be fine.  If we can get motivated then I can't see us not getting on the scoresheet, whcih greatly helps our cause.  IMO I thought we needed to cover them closer, so they couldnt get room to shoot, but generally we were superb on defense.  Overall I'm proud of our boys and I thought we gave it our all.  My only regret is that Xabi never came on at the end.  And yes I don't regret the goal because we hardly deserved a cleansheet today, but overall we outplayed them.

i think he was just resting xabi, in the effect to play next week.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:32 am

from lfc.tv

Rafael Benitez said he was delighted with the performance of his side in the first half against Juventus and believes Liverpool have a great chance of reaching the Champions League semi-final. 
While admitting it was disappointing to concede an away goal Benitez said the first half performance was the level at which he wants to see his team play consistently.

Benitez said: "I was delighted with our first half performance. We scored two goals, created good chances and we did a lot of the things we have talked about.

"It's difficult to do the same and keep up that tempo all game and while I am disappointed with the goal we conceded we have confidence for the second leg.

"We now have two options for the second leg. We can win or draw and that gives us two possibilities to reach the semi-finals. I think we will score in Italy and we will go into the game with confidence."

The Liverpool manager refused to single out blame to goalkeeper Scott Carson for the goal which Juventus scored and said Jerzy Dudek was honest enough to admit he wasn't fit to start the game.

Benitez said: "I talked to Jerzy and he said he wasn't confident because he felt pain in his groin. We then felt it was much better to use a goalkeeper who was 100 per cent fit."
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:59 am

i cant believe that last night i saw the best half of football ive seen a team play in years, and this morning all the papers can talk about carsons blunder. Why cant the paopers, just once, talk about how well we are doing?
Almost taken the gloss off a great half of football. In all honesty we might well go out in the second leg but u have to see where the club is going, and stevie g must know he has to stay.

Altho i gotta say, i think we'll get a goal at juve and then maybe the fans will shut up over there.

come on u mighty reds!!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:08 am

i'm just waiting for jmac79 to upload it, so i can steal it for my avatar

garcias goal....woooohoooo :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:12 am

what a performance, i was bitterly disappointed with the 2nd half but the encouragement we can take from the 1st half performance was great, on our day we can be untouchable as the games again leverkusen home and away, arsenal and chelsea showed, and of course last night  :p
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion