LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Apart from the fact he finished joint top scorer and arsenal finished second? Yeah bad flop him lads, really struggled, Henry had a few games early on Where he struggled, during those games he still shown moments of class.

The remember Henry and pires always creeps up every so often and most of the time It's so far fetched It's untrue
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Henry was France's top scorer when they won the WC and the kind of player you see maybe a few times in a lifetime and arguably the best player to grace our league. I think he hit 25 goals in his first season but it definitely took him a couple of months to settle in. Comparing him with Lazar is not really helpful in any way apart from highlighting the fact that most foreign players need an aclimatising period - but everyone already knows this. With games and more strength, I think this lad can be useful. He needs to battle a bit more in the meantime to get fans on his side.
sniffy98

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Let's hope he picks it up and shows us something.

So far he looks like a terrible piece of business
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:31 pm

metalhead » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:28 pm wrote:Let's hope he picks it up and shows us something.

So far he looks like a terrible piece of business

I've got high hopes for this lad, but agree he's been woeful so far.  Fingers crossed he'll get use to the hustle and bustle of the Premier League, otherwise he'll struggle to make the bench, let alone the first 11.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:43 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:07 pm wrote:Apart from the fact he finished joint top scorer and arsenal finished second? Yeah bad flop him lads, really struggled, Henry had a few games early on Where he struggled, during those games he still shown moments of class.

The remember Henry and pires always creeps up every so often and most of the time It's so far fetched It's untrue

Stu,for the first eight games Wenger played him as a direct replacement for Anelka ,Arsenal fans claimed he was out of
his depth ,it certainly wasn't just a few games lad....Markovic is being pilloried for weak performances in the three
games he's been included in the first eleven  ??? I don't think anyone here is making ridiculous comparisons to Henry or
indeed Ronaldo ,just that they all needed a period for adjustment.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Alonso, Torres, Hyypia.... even Mascherano an Suarez, all   shown signs early on, actually come to think of it, can you/ name anyone who has started slow and been a success here? I can't off the top of my head. By the way, don't insult anyone by saying Lucas :;):
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:57 am

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:58 pm wrote:Alonso, Torres, Hyypia.... even Mascherano an Suarez, all   shown signs early on, actually come to think of it, can you/ name anyone who has started slow and been a success here? I can't off the top of my head. By the way, don't insult anyone by saying Lucas :;):

Do you want the complete list or the condensed ?

Ronnie Whelan ,Ian Rush ,both slow burners ,and then there's Hamann ,Smicer,Carragher ,Kewell ,all started off slowly ,but they were all part of a successful European cup team ,which I believe constitutes success Stu ,then out of our recent squad there's 'LUCAS' pilloried in his first season and became a pivotal component of our game  ,Henderson lambasted by many ,now extolled by more  ,and Sterling who completely turned his game around ....In fact Stu I could go back further ,right through the reds
history and pick more names than you can shake a proverbial stick at ,frankly the question is a silly one.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:53 am

Going back to Rush and Whelan says it all red, different times for a start.

Hamann didn't start slowly at all, his quality was obvious from day one. For once that's something I agree with Carragher on.

The rest of the players you mention were hardly major successes…Smicer??? :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:43 pm

come to think of it, can you/ name anyone who has started slow and been a success here? I can't off the top of my head.

I never said they were major successes ,your question stated (as above reads) a success whilst at Liverpool ,I think winning the European Cup in their time with the
reds constitutes ' success' ,and it took some time for fans to relate to Hamann as his game and his propensity to break up opposition play was relatively invisible ,a bit
like Lucas really when he started to do likewise ,it seems unless your hitting 50 yard balls and bursting into the opponents penalty area ,or possess the intelligence and ability of Zico then your input is dismissed by the modern fan ....Henderson's situation is similar ,a young player who manages to close down most of the play and covers
every blade of grass ,yet is similarly disregarded by some.

Markovic will be given time ,he's a young player who needs to soak in the difference in the Premiership to that of Portuguese football ,he will come good,just simply
because he's too talented not to.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:58 pm wrote:Alonso, Torres, Hyypia.... even Mascherano an Suarez, all   shown signs early on, actually come to think of it, can you/ name anyone who has started slow and been a success here? I can't off the top of my head. By the way, don't insult anyone by saying Lucas :;):

There's been too many to mention really, Ray Clemence spent two years in the reserves behind Tommy Lawrence and Terry McDermott took even longer than that to break through. Bob Paisley told Ian Rush that he was putting him on the transfer list after a slow start and Peter Beardsley didn't really show his best form for us for a good few months.
Bob Paisley famously told Alan Kennedy that they'd 'shot the wrong Kennedy' after a poor start to his Anfield career and Ray Kennedy too didn't really blossom into the top player he was until Paisley moved him from CF to left midfield.
Ian Callaghan made his debut they didn't get another game for about 2 years.
There's dozens and dozens of examples.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:56 pm wrote:

There's been too many to mention really, Ray Clemence spent two years in the reserves behind Tommy Lawrence and Terry McDermott took even longer than that to break through. Bob Paisley told Ian Rush that he was putting him on the transfer list after a slow start and Peter Beardsley didn't really show his best form for us for a good few months.
Bob Paisley famously told Alan Kennedy that they'd 'shot the wrong Kennedy' after a poor start to his Anfield career and Ray Kennedy too didn't really blossom into the top player he was until Paisley moved him from CF to left midfield.
Ian Callaghan made his debut they didn't get another game for about 2 years.
There's dozens and dozens of examples.

Ronnie Whelan is another who spent more than a couple of months in the reserves ,as I have already said to Stu ,the list is endless mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:27 pm

not impressed at all and not a patch on Konoplyanka who lets face it is who brendan really wanted.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:05 pm

But.. but.. he isn't 19-20 year old with sell on value....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Penguins » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:But.. but.. he isn't 19-20 year old with sell on value....

WOW hes 25 and we nearly got him for 16 million cos hes out of contract next summer which in my book is worth the risk but i get what your saying its all ifs and buts. just big pity cos i really thought he could of made a big difference had he signed. Not seen anyone dribble like that for a long while.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Konoplyanka isn't that great IMO. Watched him in quite a few games after our interest in January and can't say I was too impressed. The way he gets past defenders does look good but a lot of the time it doesn't actually result in anything. Didn't seem to want to chase back or help his fullback and all in all seemed to want to play for himself and was very hit and miss
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion