LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Apparently Brendan said in his post match press conference that he considered putting Markovic on the bench today but in the end decided to err on the side of caution.
Sounds like he will be back in some capacity for the City game though and Moreno will be available for selection too which is good news, after that performance today our injured players can't come back quick enough.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... -liverpool

Markovic to wear number fifty shirt... can't say I remember too many legends with that number.

I'm a bit dubious about him, my gut feeling is he will be injury prone but brilliant in flashes when he does play, I fear he may be too similar to Coutinho on the physical side of the game and playing both would create a very vulnerable midfield.

Guessing this guy will be an impact player if Coutinho or Sterling having the day off.
killerp

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:13 pm

killerp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm wrote:http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169169-markovic-to-wear-no-50-at-liverpool

Markovic to wear number fifty shirt... can't say I remember too many legends with that number.

I'm a bit dubious about him, my gut feeling is he will be injury prone but brilliant in flashes when he does play, I fear he may be too similar to Coutinho on the physical side of the game and playing both would create a very vulnerable midfield.

Guessing this guy will be an impact player if Coutinho or Sterling having the day off.

I have similar concerns. I'm not that worried about him being too similar to Coutinho, I'm sure that Brendan will find a way to get the best out of both of them without hurting the team too much, but I fear that he may be too injury prone (he was often injured with Benfica). He's a good player but I hope he's not another sick note, we've had too many of those.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:35 pm

damjan193 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:13 pm wrote:
killerp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm wrote:http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169169-markovic-to-wear-no-50-at-liverpool

I have similar concerns. I'm not that worried about him being too similar to Coutinho, I'm sure that Brendan will find a way to get the best out of both of them without hurting the team too much, but I fear that he may be too injury prone (he was often injured with Benfica). He's a good player but I hope he's not another sick note, we've had too many of those.

I think he is more of a winger that runs well with the ball, he'll probably need a good FB behind him. Coutinho is more of a playmaker behind the strikers.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 am

Something wrong with this guy at the mo, he is praised by fans of former clubs and managers alike and we obviously scouted him but it doesnt seem to be working for him yet. Is it the speed of English football, the physical side or is he just nervous and in a dip of form. He seems scared to shoot at present and its a problem when he cant skin a defender like Ayala. Would he be better on the left rather than right.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:17 am

Looks like a typical Rodgers signing at the minute.

Must admit I had high hopes too. Yet to show anything.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:24 am

Maybe he just needs more game time to get used to the PL, however, at the present time we cant afford to carry any more of the players, everyone needs to perform.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:37 am

he has been poor, seems like he's destined to be a sub or a bit part player for me.
hopefully he will turn it around but imo he has been talked up too much  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:45 pm

So far that I have seen, he seems nervous and passes the ball too quickly probably in the hope of avoiding physical contact. He does look quick and skillful though but a little bit rushed.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Another one who seems overwhelmed at the moment
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:12 pm

For young attacking players like him, its important to try and introduce him into a functioning team. 
He's young, in a new country, hasn't had much of a pre season i doubt, and is playing in a team going through a mini crisis. 

Now is the time to get back to basics.  Bench him until we sort ourselves out.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:08 pm wrote:Another one who seems overwhelmed at the moment
:(

Id personally say underwhelmed ,he looks for all the world like a lad whose already been too outspoken for Rodgers ...I might be wrong but this is one of the most
promising young players in European football he has the potential to be extraordinary ,and yet his appearances thus far suggest he expected to have a more defining
role at the club than he's so far been granted ....It's almost like he's curtailed the power and pace synonymous with his game on purpose to make a point.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:12 am

Think its way too early to judge markovic considering he has only started two games for us one against villa when the whole team was poor and the cup vs Boro where we played our youngsters and weaker players

He looked good Vs Citeh and Spurs the games which he came off the banch. I think he suits games where the opposition will attack us

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:20 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:12 am wrote:Think its way too early to judge markovic considering he has only started two games for us one against villa when the whole team was poor and the cup vs Boro where we played our youngsters and weaker players

He looked good Vs Citeh and Spurs the games which he came off the banch. I think he suits games where the opposition will attack us

Its to early to say he's been sh*te in every game he's played? ???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Yes it is far too early to say that this player is a flop or any other way you would like to word it and your opinion on him being sh!te every game he has played is pure opinionated to cause as muich attention for yourself. Also MArkovic got the joint highest rating for the citeh game despite being on for 30 minutes.

As i said he looks good when we play a team that will attack us backed up by good performances vs Citeh and Spurs.

But then in your opinion Cattermole is better than Henderson

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion