LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:25 am

First thing is shoot for Christ sake, shows lack of confidence passing sideways when he has a clear shot at goal.

If he had put the ball down to take a penalty against Middlesbrough he would have run up and passed it to the ref.

This guy is clearly a second year player but that worries the hell out of me to be honest, rarely do they produce much for us unless they hit the
ground running.

The lad looks frightened to death to be fair despite his bravado on arrival.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:42 pm

parchpea » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:25 am wrote:First thing is shoot for Christ sake, shows lack of confidence passing sideways when he has a clear shot at goal.

If he had put the ball down to take a penalty against Middlesbrough he would have run up and passed it to the ref.

This guy is clearly a second year player but that worries the hell out of me to be honest, rarely do they produce much for us unless they hit the
ground running.

The lad looks frightened to death to be fair despite his bravado on arrival.

Agree with all of this, but think the lad needs time. He's clearly a talented player and needs to find his feet. I'm confident he'll come good.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:10 pm

H needs to be put on a strengthening program, far too weak at the moment. Struggling with the physicality IMO and far too easy to knock/jostle him off the ball at the moment
Doeboy

Postby Penguins » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:52 pm

Once again an example why I absolutely hate when we apply this "West Ham" mentality by buying unready 20 year olds for lots of money
and then groom them into the team, so they can start perform in a few years....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Penguins » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:52 pm wrote:Once again an example why I absolutely hate when we apply this "West Ham" mentality by buying unready 20 year olds for lots of money
and then groom them into the team, so they can start perform in a few years....

To BR's credit i'll say (if i remember correctly) Markovic was an integral part of the Portuguese champions so he isn't totally unexperienced...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Just a small thing but I noticed that at one point after we had attacked, Rodgers called him over and seemed to be explaining something (probably to shoot) and Markovic was trying to tell him something. It looked like he was disagreeing with Rodgers and maybe justifying why he didnt shoot?
A minor point but something that concerns me, as a player shouldnt be making excuses?
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:11 pm

He will be a slow burner ,but definitely one worth the wait ....I'm more than prepared to afford him the time to integrate and grow accustomed to the pace
of the Premier league .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:27 pm

Until he goes through a conditioning programme he will continue to struggle. He loses his balance far too easily with any sort of physical contact. He will need to massively build on his core strength. It will mean a lot of gym work for 3-6 months which means he won’t be able to play many games but by the end of it he’ll be better equipped to play for us and probably a little quicker.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:15 pm wrote:Just a small thing but I noticed that at one point after we had attacked, Rodgers called him over and seemed to be explaining something (probably to shoot) and Markovic was trying to tell him something. It looked like he was disagreeing with Rodgers and maybe justifying why he didnt shoot?
A minor point but something that concerns me, as a player shouldnt be making excuses?
:no

I really don't think the shot was on as he was almost over the ball and had players in close proximity.

My guess is he would rather play on the left. Isn’t this where he played for Benfica? He made an impressive cameo against Man City from that position.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:37 am

TBH I haven't liked what I have seen so far from this fella.

If he continues at this rate, it's probably the worst money we have spent since the Downing and Carroll debacle.

But way too early to completely write him off, but the lad needs a swift kick up the a**e and yeah needs to strengthen in the gym, way too weak.

Only hope that as our season progresses he gets better and proves why he was brought into the side.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Octsky » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:08 am

put through by sterling straight on goal, but just being shrug off easily by the defender
lack of ball control, lack of strength, lack of conviction 

when didnt suso or countino started?
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:35 pm

He needs time, is only 20 after all. The likes of Henry and Ronaldo didn't exactly settle in straight away so we need to patient.

My problem at the moment generally is you look at the impact Costa and Fabregas have made at Chelsea, who already had a top class squad - none of the new signings we have made have shown anything like what their
new players have.
Which given our status in the CL and the money we spent a little disappointing - suppose we have had injuries and an unsettled side.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:52 pm

Seriously the "remember "Henry" argument? Henry and Ronaldo were world beaters lad.... as for saying they didn't have good seasons check the facts!

That bad they were integral to their teams who didn't do to badly, stupid argument!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:52 am wrote:Seriously the "remember "Henry" argument? Henry and Ronaldo were world beaters lad.... as for saying they didn't have good seasons check the facts!

That bad they were integral to their teams who didn't do to badly, stupid argument!

Stu ,Henry failed to find the net for the first eight games and his arrival was questioned by Goonerz fans ,he struggled badly with the pace of the Premiership .
As or Ronaldo ,yes he showed glimpses of genuine class ,but his first goal evaded him until November .....Give Markovic time ,he has the ability to be something
as 'special' just needs time and a touch of patience from the fans ,as did the two players I've just mentioned ....I mean not even Bergkamp hit the ground running
for Arsenal.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:52 am wrote:Seriously the "remember "Henry" argument? Henry and Ronaldo were world beaters lad.... as for saying they didn't have good seasons check the facts!

At the same stage in their careers Henry scored 1.5 goals every 10 games. His first year at Arsenal (at 22 years old) he did not do that well either.

In Ronaldo's first two seasons for Utd he made 62 appearances and scored nine goals.... hardly " World beaters"
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion