Latest: liverpool and everton to decide on possibl

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:04 pm

LATEST: Liverpool and Everton to decide on possible groundshare by end of year.

Mersey pair ponder groundshare 

Liverpool have consistently ruled out sharing with Everton
Everton and Liverpool will decide on whether to share a new ground by the end of the year after a meeting with Sports Minister Richard Caborn.
Anfield chief executive Rick Parry and Everton chairman Bill Kenwright were at the talks in London.

Liverpool had appeared to rule out a groundshare, but Caborn said: "It was a very interesting meeting.

"A number of things have been explored and it is now down to the clubs to make a decision on what they want to do."

Liverpool have long opposed the share scheme, but agreed to review the position after they became aware of the possibility of urban regeneration funds being made available for the project.

They already have planning permission for a new 60,000-capacity stadium in nearby Stanley Park but are about £30m short of meeting the £110m cost and are due to announce debts of £21m at their AGM on Thursday.

They have applied for a grant from the North-West Development Agency (NWDA) but that is only available for a shared ground.

Caborn has influence with the Regional Development Agency, which could provide some funds and Liverpool City Council is also keen to promote sharing.

Leicester plan 'super stadium' 

Everton previously had plans to build their own new ground at King's Dock but that was shelved due to cost.

Goodison Park chief executive Keith Wyness, NWDA chief Bryan Gray and Liverpool Walton MP Peter Kilfoyle were also involved in the talks.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has insisted a groundshare would be a bad idea.

"Talk of two teams sharing a stadium always causes problems and in my view it would not work," the Spaniard told his club's website.

"It would not be good for the pitch, because obviously there would be double the amount of games played on it, and it would not be good for the supporters of Liverpool or Everton.

"True, Inter and AC share a stadium in Milan, but look at their pitch. It is not good. Also, in terms of atmosphere it is better that a team plays in its own stadium.

"In five years time we hope to be playing good football in our own new stadium," added Benitez
Last edited by lakes10 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:00 pm

i hope we dont share, it wont feel right , it will be like a step back in the past 1892, we should stick there rent up and hoipe the move out again lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:13 pm

In my opinion they can go get stuffed. Stay where we are before ground sharing with blue nose twits.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:27 pm

well going from some people on heres opinion i wudnt want to share our holy grail with you redneck b@stards anyway! :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:37 pm

I thought Ian Cotton said Liverpools position had not changed. As expected it was a statement of half truths. If the did not have any intention of changing their plans they would not have attended the meeting. I just wish they would be more upfront about things. The powers that be at Anfeld really do wind me up  :angry:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:46 pm

parchpea wrote:I thought Ian Cotton said Liverpools position had not changed. As expected it was a statement of half truths. If the did not have any intention of changing their plans they would not have attended the meeting. I just wish they would be more upfront about things. The powers that be at Anfeld really do wind me up  :angry:

yes he did till he mett with the Gov today and they told him they would give him loads of cash
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:00 pm

from the echo today.
Liverpool f.c. were today telling sports minister Richard Caborn,they will not share a stadium with Everton.
It goes on blah blah blah ,but basically they say were not sharing.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:01 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:from the echo today.
Liverpool f.c. were today telling sports minister Richard Caborn,they will not share a stadium with Everton.
It goes on blah blah blah ,but basically they say were not sharing.

:cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:05 pm

sharing  :angry:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:07 pm

Woollyback wrote:sharing  :angry:

good one!!! :)
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:26 pm

igor, are u any relation to bruno :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:30 pm

no mate frank and i are not related,but i did admire the way he had ago at tyson:p :p
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion