Latest on next season - Uefa decide...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun May 01, 2005 4:17 am

Wtf is EUFA cup?

If a team were to finish fourth and win the UEFA cup then the team could have the option of either defending the title or going to the Champions League.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun May 01, 2005 11:47 am

Dalglish wrote:
supersub wrote:I couldn't careless if we aren't given a road into the Champions League next season if we won the "European Cup".I would like us to win the trophy in Turkey,finish 5th behind Bolton and say shove your poxy competition "for everyone but true champions" up your ******.We can then put all our energy into winning the Premiership without the irritating interference of a competition that rewards teams that have won absolutely sh.it all.

Best post on this subject by a street !

What many are failing to realise is the emotion of the situation. IF we win the Champions League and Stevie's lifting the European Cup above his head in front of an adoring Liverpool Army of fans in Istanbul I can tell you NO-ONE will be thinking about next season's competition and will be lost in the moment of what potentially is our greatest achievement in Europe.......

Anyway even if we don't make the final consider this ......

LFC have eliminated LAST YEARS Semi Finalists (Deportivo) , The team that finished Top of Real Madrid, Roma and Dynamo Kiev's group (Leverkusen) , the current top team in Italy (Juventus) and have kept a free scoring Chelsea out on their own turf when Barca and Bayern both conceded 4  :Oo:

Coulcn't agreed more.  Evenyone seems to forget that Liverpool is in a transsitional phase.  Rebuilding is underway, new manager, new players.  On top of all that, a series of injuries to key players.  But we are in the semi-finals of the Champions League, and we were finalists in the League Cup.  I think we has done ok this season - but brilliant - but ok.  It hasn't been the failure that some people have said.

Be prepared, next season will be pretty much the same - more new players in, some leaving.  We may even win the UEFA Cup!!!

But the season after....well thats a different story - We will be League Champions, but will be beaten by Arsenal in the final of the FA Cup!!! :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sun May 01, 2005 1:19 pm

I'm not really bothered.I should reallyy be but just think, we can put our mind on the league and fa cup just put the reserves out in uefa if we gett into that.Next year we will have all our team ready and willing to go to win the league because were nackered after euro games.
joependo

Postby 2520years » Sun May 01, 2005 1:42 pm

Lennart Johannson said:

"If there is a possibility to make an exception for the winner of the Champions League then there could be an additional place.  The door is always open. We are there to serve football, not just dictate."

"Liverpool are welcome with their point of view. They can make any proposal and we will deal with it and we will give them a quick answer.  It is for the executive committee to decide and anything can be granted if they decide to go to the member associations and ask for a change in the regulations.

"But it would be unfair on Everton who have played the whole season and qualified via fourth place to then exclude them."

"We will make it more clear than we have before as to what is valid because it will happen again and again.  In my opinion the rule is already there, but if there are exceptions to the rule then we have to clarify the situation and make a clear statement about it."

Not sure what to make of that...

:glare:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby supersub » Sun May 01, 2005 1:55 pm

moribentarse wrote:if the winners of a competition should have automatic entry to defend the cup as holders then what would happen if a team won the eufa cup and finished 4th in the premier,should they defend the eufa cup?

soft ollies
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun May 01, 2005 2:10 pm

Lennart Johannson said:

"If there is a possibility to make an exception for the winner of the Champions League then there could be an additional place.  The door is always open. We are there to serve football, not just dictate."

"Liverpool are welcome with their point of view. They can make any proposal and we will deal with it and we will give them a quick answer.  It is for the executive committee to decide and anything can be granted if they decide to go to the member associations and ask for a change in the regulations.

"But it would be unfair on Everton who have played the whole season and qualified via fourth place to then exclude them."

"We will make it more clear than we have before as to what is valid because it will happen again and again.  In my opinion the rule is already there, but if there are exceptions to the rule then we have to clarify the situation and make a clear statement about it."

Not sure what to make of that...

I take it as a good news , and i have is good feeling that we will win every single match until the end of this season , inclu. winning that CL . I think andy gary and Paul Masefield must have been ****** off, when they read the news
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 01, 2005 3:50 pm

seems like uefa realises, that the COMPETITON WILL LOSE ITS GLAMOUR WHEN THE WINNERS DON'T DEFEND IT.

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtal....00.html
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sun May 01, 2005 3:53 pm

uefa have left the door open for liverpool if they win the champions league and finish fifth which means 5 english teams are in it
joependo

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2005 12:34 am

supersub wrote:I couldn't careless if we aren't given a road into the Champions League next season if we won the "European Cup".I would like us to win the trophy in Turkey,finish 5th behind Bolton and say shove your poxy competition "for everyone but true champions" up your ******.We can then put all our energy into winning the Premiership without the irritating interference of a competition that rewards teams that have won absolutely sh.it all.

Although I personally would prefer a return to the old system where only the champions of each euro league took part in the European Cup ,it's hard to deny that the CL competition is club football played at it's highest level anywhere on the planet ,hardly a "poxy competition"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2005 12:59 am

The_Rock wrote:the COMPETITON WILL LOSE ITS GLAMOUR WHEN THE WINNERS DON'T DEFEND IT.

With you on that Rock ,although even world cup holders are not granted auto entry into the finals .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Mon May 02, 2005 3:18 am

woof woof ! wrote:
The_Rock wrote:the COMPETITON WILL LOSE ITS GLAMOUR WHEN THE WINNERS DON'T DEFEND IT.

With you on that Rock ,although even world cup holders are not granted auto entry into the finals .

which is a disgrace also.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion