Latest anelka news - From skysports.com

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:25 pm

ok,
so i just said that we wont buy anelka, then ir ead this:

Rumours are rife in France that Liverpool are stepping up their interest in Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka.

The former Arsenal attacker has already had a spell at Anfield during a loan stint at the club and influential captain Steven Gerrard has intimated that he would love the 25-year-old to arrive on Merseyside. The Frenchman scored four goals in 20 games for The Reds.

Although Fernando Morientes remains a top target, the competition for the Real Madrid forward is more intense and, despite encouraging noises coming from the Spaniard's camp, Anelka could turn out to be the first January capture by Rafa Benitez.

According to L'Equipe, the City star has already been in Liverpool discussing a three-and-a-half year contract with Benitez's side.

Anelka's wage demands would appear unlikely to present a problem and, of course, he is eligible to play in the UEFA Champions League. The Reds face Bayer Leverkusen in the knockout stages of the competition.

A fee of around €12 million (£8.5 million) is being bandied about although City boss Kevin Keegan has made it clear he will not allow his scorer in the game against West Brom to leave on the cheap.

its french press tho.. so cant count right?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:27 pm

The Anelka rumours have been going around Merseyside since the start of December and I think Stevie G's comments a few weeks ago amounted to letting the cat out of the bag.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:30 pm

gotta say JBG, im actually starting to get pretty excited. not sure about the future of pongolle/mellor/ le tallec tho if we get these 2 strikers
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:33 pm

this is my concern too. i'd like to see us get onlymorientes, as far as strikers are concerned, and keep pongolle. i just have a good feeling about the guy.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:35 pm

maybe morientez is a no no. why give owen for 8 then buy a 28 yr old sub for 7. i rate morientez but he cant play champs league this season either. then again maybe the staff know something about cisse we dont. january is gonna be rife with news i can tell u that
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:38 pm

Dawson, you start threadfs with latest news then say it is from Sky Sports, which is a contradiction.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:40 pm

ok leon, u pedantic person. its the patest news i heard from skysports.com. they got it and said it before id heard it. it was the latest thing id read. i thought others might like to read it. where is the contradiction? why cant sky sports have the latest sports news?

this was for the people who hadnt read skysports.com news and wanted to know the latest about Anelka, which i printed/copied/whatever.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:41 pm

Chill Dawson, not a dig at you but at Sky Sports who report total rubbish and try to pass it off as "news".
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:44 pm

oh...ok...lol
i hadnt heard it either to be honest, not 'officially' anyways.
rumours are going nito overdrive though, hope it doesnt become unsettling for the strikers we have for saturdays game
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:48 pm

I'd rather have a player who wants to play for the club than Anelka who just wants a wage and couldnt give a monkeys what the colour of the shirt is.

Bad move IMO. We dissed the rumour for Fowler to return saying we should be looking to move the club forward, not taking back ex players so I would not bother with sulky boy either.

Oh, I feel better now, shortage of blood to my heart caused me to blackout which caused me to have a fit/seizure. Neuologist is happy that Im not epilectic but I can't drink large quantities of alcohol anymore - bummer.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:56 pm

Lee J wrote:I'd rather have a player who wants to play for the club than Anelka who just wants a wage and couldnt give a monkeys what the colour of the shirt is.

Bad move IMO. We dissed the rumour for Fowler to return saying we should be looking to move the club forward, not taking back ex players so I would not bother with sulky boy either.

Oh, I feel better now, shortage of blood to my heart caused me to blackout which caused me to have a fit/seizure. Neuologist is happy that Im not epilectic but I can't drink large quantities of alcohol anymore - bummer.

I sort of agree, Anelka is a great player but I don't like the way he sulks when things aren't going his way, could be a good move though cos Anelka has had too many clubs in a short space of time and needs to settle somewhere, this was due to his agent (and brother) just wanting him to get more money all the time but I think that has stopped now (well to a certain extent)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:01 pm

I think Anelka has learnt his lesson.  He said a few months ago he wants to play in the champions league, but he also said he has noone to blame but himself about where he is now.  I think Anelka would be a good signing.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:48 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I think Anelka has learnt his lesson.  He said a few months ago he wants to play in the champions league, but he also said he has noone to blame but himself about where he is now.  I think Anelka would be a good signing.

I agree he would be a good signing if he didn't affect the team spirit and kept his mouth shut.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:40 pm

Paul C wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:I think Anelka has learnt his lesson.  He said a few months ago he wants to play in the champions league, but he also said he has noone to blame but himself about where he is now.  I think Anelka would be a good signing.

I agree he would be a good signing if he didn't affect the team spirit and kept his mouth shut.

every signing is a gamble
anelka might be good for champions league and give us a leg up against our opponet
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:48 pm

Well the scums signed cantona (who was a worse gamble than anelka), and look what they achieved.... Anelka loves the spot-light. Only a few teams in england can give him that spot-light. We are one of them. I say if real madrid wanna play hardball with morientas, lets just sign anelka.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion